Downloaded this because it's so highly rated on here

Downloaded this because it's so highly rated on here.

Am I missing something? There's barely any music. It's a fucking snoozefest.

what music do you like

I don't see how that's relevant

What do you consider "music"?

because if you like emotionless drug-fueled dancefloor shit or synthwave, you probably won't like GY!BE. but you'll find the more music you listen to, the more you'll get GY!BE.

Kanye West is my favourite artist

i know you're not OP and this was supposed to be b8, but the outro to runaway is up there with the majesty of GY!BE

I am OP

>the outro to runaway is up there with the majesty of GY!BE

Honestly just give it time. It's a record that demands your attention because it is powerful and haunting when you give it that.

Maybe the setting was wrong when you listened, it's a very comfy album, listen to it before bed and get enveloped in its sonic majesty.

Well no wonder you don't like music

Fuck you

go back to pol bud

Swing and a miss

It's not even their best, it's almost Explosions in the Sky tier

Actually, the more music you listen to the LESS you like GYBE. They are interesting at first, but then you realize that there is so much better post-rock out there

filthy contrarian, literally all good post-rock is gybe or a gybe side project

Mt Zion is god tier

Generic and over dramatic.
Tbh Yanqui U.X.O. is the only passable record.

This isn't really that contrarian, i dont even hate them. I just think there is better post-rock than GYBE, especially in the first-wave. Slint, early Swans, Talk Talk, Tortoise, and Mogwai are more interesting imo

its music in the sense that it tells a story without using words.

Negro you clearly never listened to F#A#

this desu. Basically anything on constellation is the only good post-rock

>Gastr Del Sol, Seafeel, Stereolab, Cul De Sac, and Tarantel are the only good post rock

look, i can be contrarian too

Wrong. I like GYBE though, but you're still wrong

Post-Rock isn't that great as a whole anyways

So you haven't listened to any of them then? You could have just said that.

Eh. I like Slint and Talk Talk but it's kinda hard to compare them to GY!BE since first wave is unlike the second. Mogwai is good but not better then GY!BE, Tortoise is too bland for my taste and I don't like SFTB. Got any not usual recommendations?

i have listened to all of them, and GY!BE is better than all of them. the only band even on the same planet is Tortoise, and they weren't anywhere near as consistent

pg.lost
laura
rachel's
hangedup
set fire to flames
esmerine

What the fuck? If he listened to fucking Yanqui he has probably listened to F#A# since that record is mentioned way more often. You are either really new or really young because these are some really entry level opinions.

Too boring and waste of time. The music keeps holding the listener for minutes and minutes because of le cinematic/atmospheric effect for a third-rate crescendos/climax that don't really "take" you, you're just there while all of these are happening. Also the collages are basically distractions since they don't really add anything to the music. Same thing applies to Lift Your Skinny Fists.

90s Swans, Glenn Branca, Rhys Chatham, Yume Bitsu did better.

I disagree in that I do think the climaxes to really pay off. Especially live. Though i go love the other bands you mentioned.
Check out the live version of 'dead metheny' on youtube, that movement is so much better live than it was on the album

the only good post rock band i know of is southpacific

A band isn't consistent if only three of their albums are good though.

This post is just terrible, I can't enjoy F#A# if I'm young or new? What in the fuck?

Obviously I've already listened to SFTF. I heard Kicker in Tow and it was quite good so I'll check out the rest from Henge and try other things you've listed.

unless* I'm young or new

HRSTA

heard it

No, but to just claim that people are more musically ignorant than you because they have a different opinion than you is pretty stupid

This may be hypocritical but that doesn't make you right lol

You read way too much into the post, I prefaced it with negro to try to discourage that

runaway has no business being as long as it is

neither does my dick but your mum likes it

Test

>Tbh Yanqui U.X.O. is the only passable record.

t. I listen until the middle movement and then skip to the next track

I already justified why it's turd for me No hard feelings, breh

You clearly just don't like quality post rock

It's not shameful to only like entry level stuff, so stop worrying about that

I assume you're ignorant about the bands I mentioned and also stupid by saying "Itz GOOD and ur just denying itz greatness cause ENTRY LELVEL" since there're no points to my post, so stop wasting my time.