"Here, check out some of the French poems I wrote"

>"Here, check out some of the French poems I wrote"
"Wow! I didn't know you spoke French."
>"Haha no, of course I don't. I just write down French words at random that I like the sound of. Learning French ruins your creativity."

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0xupbUvtpwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is a perfect fucking analogy. Non musicians literally cannot refute this

t.classically trained

might as well have used food analogies you lazy frogposter

What's wrong? Feeling threatened?

>sound poetry doesn't exist

Well except that words have inherit meaning and music is a lot more abstract. Like you can't play a song that structurelly doesn't make sense when the main goal of music is enjoyment and self expression and straying away from formulas doesn't really hinder the creative legitimacy of the work

>"Hey let me make you one of my famous signature sandwiches."
"Cool. What's on it?"
>"All my favorite things! Peanut butter, pickle, pepperoni, and pineapple with mustard. Here try a bite."
"Um. It doesn't taste very good... maybe you should take some cooking classes."
>"No way! Cooking classes ruin your creativity. I know it doesn't taste good but it's so innovative!"

will theoryfags ever recover?

>poetry
>not abstract

except that you don't really have to understand music to like it lol

Literally nobody just throws together different sounds they like even though they don't compliment each other in the slightest and argue that it's good even if they don't enjoy it

You don't need to understand theory to like music, but any music you make will be shit if you don't get theory

t. wagecuck who sold himself into financial slavery for a music degree at Berkeley

You can make great music accidentally, you can't really do that with food or poetry. Food is also way more of a craft that can be judged objectively so it's not a real comparison.

That being said, knowing music theory is super important for communication of ideas to other people.

Theory is a helpful tool, but not something you need.

Literally all of that is wrong, and your resort to personal attacks rather than logical refutation shows more about you than me

>We should make all music with only the twelve assigned notes of a scale and in pre-decided scales
No

>logical refutation

you're on a fucking anime site, buddy. you're not an intellectual. back to reddi t.

Let's make it more relevant to Sup Forums

>"Hey what's your favorite French poem?"
"Heureux celui qui meurt d'aimer"
>"Haha that poem is pure shit man. Terrible. Les Colchiques is way better."
"Oh you speak French?"
>"ART IS SUBJECTIVE!!! I DON'T NEED TO SPEAK FRENCH TO TELL WHEN POETRY IS GOOD OR BAD!!!"

this is accurate desu

>tfw i literally did this
vocaroo.com/i/s0xupbUvtpwk

>hes so desperate to stroke his ego and hide his insecurity he made TWO threads spouting the same bullshit
see

Pretty good, actually.

Are you saying that users from the site Reddit are in fact intellectuals?

That isn't a very good analogy. It's possible to write a coherent melody without theory, but not a coherent french sentence without knowing the language

That said, people who don't bother to learn theory are stupid and should learn theory, since there are no downsides to learning it

rly makes u think........

Learning music theory limits creativity? How about you explain how you can break the rules without knowing the rules?

intentionally breaking the rules is tacky and lame