Ooo this is a spicy album. Any other recent examples of modern funk?

ooo this is a spicy album. Any other recent examples of modern funk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5mrWx0yNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5mrWx0yNM
bttr than gambinos trash album I'd say

the scent of my room.

The vocals suck on this album. It would be better as an instrumental.

to each their own. If you go back to parliament-funkadelic its basically a bunch of people screaming over each other. This sounds a lot more neat in comparison

SHE WANNA MOVE TO CALIFORNIA

here are some from this year

Funk albums
The olympians - The olympians
Magic source - Earthrising
Ryle - The adventures of Jefferson Keyes
Bybo - Dream on
Lord funk - Global warming
First touch - Knockout
The motet - Totem
XL Middleton + Eddy Funkster - XL Middleton + Eddy Funkster
Rene Rose - Funky attitude
Psychic mirrors - Nature of evil

Funk 7"/12"
Rene Rose - Number one / Dancefloor
Funky drive band - French kiss craziness
Penza Penza - Donald Trump
Freakway - Hot touch / Ain't gonna last
Will sessions - Come on home / Off the line
Misha Panfilov sound combo - You got it right / Solar blast
Lowmac - Ride wit it / Late nights
Sympli Whitney - Get enuff / Fresh love
Brian Ellis / XL Middleton – M.F.F. / The fonk is unfadeable
The federation of the disco pimp - Finisher / Pass the peas (no place like home)

>If you go back to parliament-funkadelic its basically a bunch of people screaming over each other.
music really isn't your strong suit is it?

But that's memerap

ty

why do i hate childish gambino so much without having ever listened to his music or even know anything about him besides his name

>The olympians
This one is really good. Solid list bruv
There's no rapping on the album

This album desu

Because you're white

DJ Shadow is memerap too.

All hip hop is memerap.

I don't listen to DJ Shadow, not sure why you brought him up. And the new Gambino record isn't hip-hop btw

Yes it is.

And it certainly isn't funk.

>meme
fuck off kid

you definitely didn't listen to it. he sings 100% of the vocals

>rap is the only requisite for hip hop
>if it's not and it's a bit groovy, it's funk

I have to stop coming back here holy fuck

all I could think of listening to the first quarter of this album was this

>arguing about genres instead of discussing the actual music
Seriously fuck this board.

Nah this seems like the right place for you since you're not very knowledgeable about music and you use the word "meme rap"
We are discussing the album "Awaken, My Love!" user

Inorite, this album is pbr&b at best anyway

Is this how Sup Forums finally starts to discover the plethora of current funk they've been ignoring, because of some rapper?

itt: white bois trying to talk about black music
>i-if it's made by a black guy, it's rap! meme rap! haha f-fuck niggers, right everyone?

this board is a cesspool

depends if p4k approved any

You like it better than Funkadelic?

Bruh. :(

Are you implying this album is funk?

Do you even know what funk is?

Go on and define funk then user, and tell us why AML is not funk by ur definition

So you don't, thought not.

Fuck this board.

and that's a good thing desu

Epic! I'm not the guy u were talking to but you're acting like a funk expert so I figured you would be able to share your vast wisdom. As I understand, funk is built off lengthy bass or guitar repetitions called grooves with the singing generally rooted in soul and R&B. Agree?

>I'm not him

Why are you lying? It's anonymous here.

Damn, thanks.

To be clear I mean to say I'm not anyway, u gonna give your definition of funk or keep stamping ur feet ?

lowkey best song on the album

prolly cause youre white but like I was a fan of Donald Glover's other work before I got into his music so maybe that's it

A great deal of funk is rhythmically based on a two-celled onbeat/offbeat structure, which originated in sub-Saharan African music traditions. New Orleans appropriated the bifurcated structure from the Afro-Cuban mambo and conga in the late 1940s, and made it its own.[11] New Orleans funk, as it was called, gained international acclaim largely because James Brown's rhythm section used it to great effect.[12]

Simple kick and snare funk motif. The kick first sounds two onbeats, which are then answered by two offbeats. The snare sounds the backbeat.

Funk creates an intense groove by using strong guitar riffs and bass lines. Like Motown recordings, funk songs used bass lines as the centerpiece of songs. Slap bass's mixture of thumb-slapped low notes and finger "popped" (or plucked) high notes allowed the bass to have a drum-like rhythmic role, which became a distinctive element of funk.

hush now. Funkadelic is top 5 bands all time easily.

When gambino sings in the super raw emotional funk voice like on me and your momma he just sounds like troy from community when he's outraged.