Why are pizza delivery drivers such entitled assholes?

Why are pizza delivery drivers such entitled assholes?

>Be me, a couple hours ago
>Feeling hungry
>Order some pizza
>Total comes to $48.71 (inb4 fatass, I was with a group of friends)
>Hand driver a 50, ask for a dollar back
>He goes: "Look I know money's tight right now, but guys like me depend on tips to get by."
>Call up the store and talk to his manager
>He tells me this is his third infraction, so he's going to let him go
>Have a hearty lol while eating my pizza

Other urls found in this thread:

gasbuddy.com/Charts
gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=5&lng=-93.31766221875&lat=30.10690027856597
gasbuddy.com/Station/143545
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Pizza_Delivery_Driver/Hourly_Rate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because your a cheap nigger, you just spent 50 on a pizza and you can't spare 1 extra dollar. the driver is still a faggot for bitching about it but your a nigger

i wouldnt eat that shit, he propably spit onto it

I guarantee you are black

I used to work at a pizza place and pretty much the only people who NEVER tipped me were black lmao

My boss was pretty based so we would even joke about it at times

this thread is old as fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Retarded, obvious bait.

But that aside, I wanted to use this opportunity to say managers/owners of restaurants and pizza places in America are the cheapest scumbags around. If they were willing to pay their employees a decent wage, customers wouldn't be getting shamed for not voluntarily donating a random amount of money to the employees so they don't have to resort to sucking nigger cock to make it by.

>mfw I'm black
>mfw I never tip
>mfw I never order from the same place twice so they can't spit in my food
Theres like a thousand takeaways downtown from where I live

>cucked in the bedroom
>cucked in the food service industry

here's an idea. if your above 18 and need a livable wage don't be a fucking delivery driver.

t. cheap fag who eats pizza everyday

I worked as a driver it's the easiest job imaginable they get paid what they're worth.

I don't believe you, gas isn't free bitch.

The next time your order from that place, expect pubes or spit in your food. He shouldnt have complained about not getting a tip but seriously u cant even tip 10%. cheap ass nigger

You're literally the worst type of person, you don't deserve to order shit you lazy fatass. I've only ever worked Retail and even I tip with at least a $5. Might be poor, but I'll be damned of I won't be able to help others.

You get paid to drive around you have it easier than the cooks who get paid less than you. Gas is pretty fucking cheap anyway

literally this ^

zozzled

>The next time your order from that place, expect pubes or spit in your food.
Considering his ignorant ass isn't employed there any more, I doubt that very much.

But hey if I really feel the need to eat a pube pizza maybe I'll head down to the street corner where he is probably begging for change and he can sell me some

Nobody 'deserves' having food ordered to them you fucking mongoloid. Its a priviledge that I PAY for with my hard earned cash. and I don't want pay extra because delivery drivers are too pussy to ask for a higher wage. Why should pay an extra price for the lazy little college student shits?

Faggot.

the cooks get about 20% more u child.

I rarely have stuff delivered but how is an appropriate tip factored? I usually do 20% at a restaurant. Like if the food is $17-18 can I just give him a $20 bill?

>Might be poor, but I'll be damned of I won't be able to help others.
You sound like a cuck fam

tip $5 unless your order is higher than $15 (if it is you will want to give them $10 tip unless you want pubes in your food)

Fuck that shit

Tipping broke America

op is a jew

lol if you only tipped 20% at a restaurant the chances are you have already tasted the waiter or cook's "special sauce" without knowing it.

>Hard earned cash
>Probably a degenerate selling drugs
K
>calls others cucks
>doesn't have a dictionary
>probably autistic NEET from /r9k/

This.

Motherfucker, the national average cost of a gallon of goddamn gas is $2.11 according to gasbuddy.com/Charts .

The lowest price is $1.61 according to this heat map ( gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=5&lng=-93.31766221875&lat=30.10690027856597 ), where the $1.61 is located right here in Ft. McClellan, Alabama ( gasbuddy.com/Station/143545 ).

You see all that fuckin' yellow-green, yellow, orange, and red on that heat map, fuckface?

Those are all the places where gas costs $2.00+.

USA Pizza drivers are paid $7.57 per hour on average (not including tips), with the median hourly wage sitting right on $7.00, according to this ( payscale.com/research/US/Job=Pizza_Delivery_Driver/Hourly_Rate ) .

Delivery drivers DO NOT ALL get 40 hours a week each week, and many of them don't get 40 hours at all, but assuming that they all do, and taking 40 hours multiplied by 52 weeks to get 2080 hours a year, then multiplying that by the lowest and highest pay rates, the lowest to highest annual wages become $12,348.3 to $19,365.2, and that's in a PERFECT 40-HOURS-A-WEEK world with NO TIPS or OVERTIME, GROSS.

THESE POOR FAGGOTS STILL HAVE TAXES TO FUCKIN' PAY AND BILLS TO ATTEND TO, FUCKFACE.

Tl;Dr GAS IS NOT CHEAP, AND TIP YOUR FUCKING DELIVERY BOYS; WE MIGHT NOT HAVE STARTED THIS BROKEN SHITTY SYSTEM, BUT NOT TIPPING IS ESSENTIALLY PREMEDITATED MURDER.

And a faggot

20% is a tip for a diner/restaurant that has REALLY good service. I'd probably tip around 15% for delivery/good service.

Are you sure you ordered pizza? Seems you have pasta instead

Nice, then he can take a photo, contact a corporate rep, get the driver fired, and get at least 1 free pizza from a different location

Copy pasta you fucking summerfag.

You're poor because you make stupid decisions like this. Just get carryout and only go to sit down restaurants if they are buffets with a soda fountain #NeverTip

Is this bait? How.. When would..? Yea, he probably spat on it OP!

If they need wages they can live on, they should work in a call center so they don't have to rely on tips. #NeverTip

Why would anyone give somebody voluntary more money for nothing?

Driver for Jimmy John's here. I make 9.75 an hour, plus tips, plus .28cents per mile on the clock. On a slow night, I average about $13-15 an hour with tips and mileage included. Never leave the store with less than $30 cash in hand, plus my hourly pay. Underrated job imo. Easiest job in America.

pizza deliveries is a job you should get when you're in high school or college when you're not paying taxes and things like that. once those needs come into the picture you need to get a better job. trying to make a living while delivering pizza is not a smart idea, and you can definitely do better.

I love how american's gas is so cheap.

i tip 20% usually standard, but i only tip deliveries a flat $3 no matter what, used to tip $5, but considering if everyone could spare $3 you'd make out like a boss as a driver. unfortunately, not everyone tips and businesses dont pay shit.

Oh shit, I didn't even think about other countries.

Where you from, how much you payin' to play the gas game?

also, fucking places like papa johns who charge an extra delivery fee so they can shill their pizzas as if that charge even goes towards giving their drivers better wages.

>be op
>be lonely and seeking some company
>start bait thread on Sup Forums/b/
>none of this even happened

Brazil. 3.6 reais. ( around 9 dollars)

Cooks typically get paid decent.

And in most pizza place everybody cooks, even the drivers.

for me it depends on the bill. If its 17.5...ill give them 20... if its 19.7... ill give them 20..

fuck these guys..sometimes they are unlucky.

Cheap cunt spends $50 on pizza and complains about no money. Stiffs driver. Fuck you.

Drive tries to deny change and feels he has right to take the money. Fuck that cunt.

Both of you should fucking kill yourselves.

I try to consider distance.

If the stores right down the street, drivers probably happy with 2 or more bucks. If it's all the way across town maybe 10+... if for a huge order, some percentage of the bill, likely 15% or lower.

I used to work as a delivery driver.

You don't know why I'm poor, faggot. I don't order out, or go to restaurants anymore but when I do I'm polite and give a good tip.
#Dontbealittlebitch

>Be me
>On delivery
>Total is $20.00
>Show up at door and guy has $25.00 in hand
>Hands me money
>Pulling away he pinches the $5 bill and pulls it out
>I'm scream internally
>"Have a nice day"

>I'm going to help the economy by holding onto all my money

Everybody benefits when money moves more.

tube.getthelube.com

They pay you almost 10 bucks an hour??? I worked at papa Johns and they only have 5.50... granted that was 5 years ago

what a loser this pizza boy is, gets fired over a dollar.

It goes towards insurance. But yeah papa Johns is not the best place for food, nor their employees

>summerfag
summerfag

You're retarded.

If op gave him exact change your part would read "getting fired over nothing"

>summerfag
>summerfag
summerfag

you're a garbage human. on a delivery like that (esp by bicycle) you should of gave him 10usd or 20usd if you're a true OG.

>you're scum who should've got frozen from down the street, faggot

driver shouldn't have bitched, but you are a jew for wanting one fucking dollar back. treat people that handle your food with respect man, just common fucking sense.

Stale pasta OP 2/10 for making me reply

What's the Brazillian Portuguese equivalent of "holy shit"?

Also, what is your minimum wage equivalent?

It's even worse. You're with a group? Fuck everyone throw in ~2usd and you are fine. God, people like you are so fucked in your 'rational' thinking.

i thought 15% was the amount you are suppose to give for normal service.

>Why are pizza delivery drivers such entitled assholes?
Why would you order pizza? are you a fucking retard?

if if if

he got fired cause he wanted a free dollar
knowing full well he'll get infracted again

still wanted that dollar

>Puta que pariu
huehue
The minimum wage is R$880( 270 dollas)

It raises interest rates and makes long-term investments harder.

Lol bitchy ass pussy delivery drivers in this thread.

Hey, go get a better job. It's not like you're forced to be a delivery driver. Go find and work for a better job you sped.

Attention summerfags, this is b8, this is the 100th time it's been posted word for word. Stop bumping it faggots
>Sage in options

That shitty system is something american I think. Here in NL they just get paid by the hour. It's mostly delivered with scooters that belong to the 'restaurant' and the gas is paid by the place too of course. They still get tipped though.

That is really rough. I hope you are at least doing well!

Finally

Shouldn't have to tip at all, service industry should pay a decent wage

I used to work there before the mileage thing. Still got a cheque for 160 bucks for like my last couple of months working there. I got paid around the same and worked in the nicest part of town. Id easily make 60-100$ a night if i tried hard enough. Those platter orders though!

Nice copy pasta faggot

This. I agree with Mr. Pink.

If he wanted just a dollar, he would have taken it. It was the lack of moneys that created this.

None of this even happened why are we talking about this. This is old copypasta.

ayyyy i'm a delivery driver at jimmy john's for the summer, already made around $1000 in tips alone it really is the easiest job ever

Yeah fuck you. That's a $1 tip on a $50 order. Pizza drivers make shit wages, have to buy their own gas and use their own car. Why do you think there's always ads for delivery guys? And according to your story, he wasn't even being a dick about it. Just actually saying something when somebody's being cheap as all hell. And then you called his manager? How frustrated of a beta can you be?

True or not, when I hear stories like this, it makes me wish there was one website where food service people could input the addresses of the people who don't tip. That way, future deliveries could be looked up and, if it's found they don't tip, the driver doesn't have to feel rushed and can make that person their last stop.

Dude nice pasta, you waited a whole day, awesome!

Pizza delivery fag here. I get paid 7.50 an hour and if a book it in my 96 Camaro that I just got new tires, breaks, and bags under the suspension so I can slam my car down and lift it wheneve. I can easily make 15-20 dollars in tips in an hour.

Bc someone will bite

Lack of money was also the reason he didn't get that free dollar
>money is tight right now
>wants free money

haram

fuck you and your marxist mind

Probably. But they'd probably make less money overall, because they'd raise the prices on their food in order to pay their staff more, and they'd probably cut down on available staff at any given moment because small business owners ate typically scraping by as it is.

"Alright, sir. Your order comes to $52.25. Oh, and I see here that you refused to tip last delivery. Will you be refusing to tip this delivery as well?"

>work for tips
>free money

full retard

You don't have to tip -.-

Non-tippers do get flagged. Something most people don't seem to realize.

No fucking server would EVER say this
If you've ever had a job you'd fucking understand

>summerfag
>summerfag
>summerfag
Summerfag

And businesses can refuse service.

They get flagged at that one particular store. How about the Chinese place down the street?

what did he do to earn that tip?

did he shine my shoes?

Delivery drivers are just pasty retards who want the luxury of sitting in their fucking cars all day. Become a waiter if you want to rely on tips. If not, stop bitching about gas.

He brought you your food so you could sit on Sup Forums and post in non-tipping threads.