90s OVAs and similar aesthetics

I don't usually browse a. They told me to fuck off when I asked this. What are some good anime series/movies with that specific kind of aesthetics? Crime, sex, gore, equivalents to the pinku/exploitation films in Japanese cinema.

Stuff like Crying Freeman, Kite, Sanctuary, Golgo 13, Wicked City....
That horror anthology with a Gremlins rip-off except with a rabbit.

Is that kind of stuff still produced today? I see nothing but very bland computer-drawn little girls on a's front page. I don't understand. Is the whole board mentally ill? They make v look like a smart board.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G__jUFD4Ef8
youtube.com/watch?v=SnTSqgJPVl8
youtube.com/watch?v=cenvER2-qvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DPz_lkRJPq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try Goku Midnight Eye

Petshop of horrors, mermaid forest

Demon City
Cyber City OEDO 808
A.D. Police

baoh the visitor

Moe ruined Sup Forums, I used to post there but was expelled because I wasn't allowed to talk about anything other than k'on or haruhi.

/m/ is much nicer than Sup Forums when it comes to suggestions, but it's still better that you pollute Sup Forums with your newfaggotry since this board is more or less the site's designated toilet board.

Consider:
>M.D. Geist
Stylish as hell science-fiction/action OVA about an exiled super-soldier seeking battle in a Mad-Max-like hellscape. Soundtrack is amazing.

>Genocyber
John Carpenter meets Fritz Lang. Same director as Geist. Violent as fuck and grimdark as they come, but if you give it a chance it's actually very thoughtful, stylish and generally well executed all over.

>Cyber City Oedo 808
Possibly the greatest English dub in the history of anime. Three detective stories set in a generic sort of future city. Very memorable cast and a great soundtrack.

And can anybody remember the name of the one with THAT scene in it, the scene with the puppies? I bet OP would like that.

Sup Forums has been invaded by female/children audience. That's why the anime industry targetting adult male audience has collapsed

All katsuhiro Otomo collaborations outside of Akira.
Early works from Mamoru Oshii and Satoshi Kon.

-Neo Tokyo
-Robot Carnival
-Memories
-Perfect Blue
-Patlabor
-Angel's Egg
-Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

shoujo tsubaki?

Is there ANYTHING women haven't ruined through mankind's history?
Artifical wombs can't come soon enough.

thanks china

Bio Hunter
Twilight of the Dark Master
Doomed Megalopolis
Ninja Scroll

A lot of the ones I know about have already been mentioned.

>Is that kind of stuff still produced today?
I'm really curious about this as well. Haven't seen any.

>Is that kind of stuff still produced today?
No. Most anime is PG-13 at best. Any higher and it's because of sexual reasons. I can't think of anything that matches these old OVA's.

>reading Crying Freeman comics at Borders

That movies fucking great. Literally anyone who kind of likes anime should watch it.

What is it that made Perfect Blue have that worn out atmospheric look that makes it so appealing?

All anime nowadays is so monotone and sanitized and ugly

Hand-drawn animation probably. It's all done with computers now.

>nobody mentioning battle royal high school

Angel cop (The subbed version on nyaa is the only one which talks about Jews controlling the world and shit. All others are edited.)
Violence jack
Urotsukidoji

Coloring as well. Was shot on film. Now it's all digitalized. But first and foremost it depends on the filmmaker's sensibility. I don't really get it. I'm sure it's easier for today's animators to do everything digital but it's so soulless, has no texture, no imperfections and nuances in colors and lighting.

It's the same with western animation. IIRC the old Batman used to be handdrawn on black paper instead of white, which gave it a really unique style and texture.

youtube.com/watch?v=G__jUFD4Ef8
youtube.com/watch?v=SnTSqgJPVl8

I believe the gif is from that

i'd say to read the comic instead. its not really what op is after. thats about a 14 or younger girl who goes home and finds her parents (or just mom) dead. somehow or other she ends up at a freak show being everyones little bitch and is frequently mistreated and tortured. the freak show does shit and they all have to go without much food. tensions rise and the freaks all gang up to rape the girl. lots of sex happens. the trap having weird sex with the owner, snake woman gang bang. they really have nothing much else to do there. eventually they get a new freak. this middle aged midget who can do illusions and fit into little bottles. he and the girl fall in love. one of the freaks who raped her goes to apologize, actually meaning to get on her good side so they can fuck again. almost works but the midget sees them and casts an illusion that really fucks that guy up. eventually midget and midori leave the freak show. while buying a snack for them to eat, the midget is mugged and killed. midori waits and waits but thinks he abandoned her, like everyone else has, and she finally snaps. pretty good, but i dont think its what op wants

Try Riding Bean, it's GOAT

Tekken

Yeah, I agree. Are those sensibilities just gone now do you think? Creators got old, started working on other stuff, etc? Occasionally I look at lists of current anime ova/films and it just doesn't do it for me. Not even just the gore and weirdness, but they seemed to have a certain attention to detail (machines, material properties, movement, etc) that isn't as prevalent anymore.

That looks really great, amazing attention to details. It feels lived in.

>hurrr why are modern 1 cour tv shows dont look like muh crap from hand drawn, hand inked 30 years ago era. LIke wtf guys hurr moeshit, can i suck your cock tell me im cool and suggest the 10 shows i'v already seen

that was awful

Why do you fags keep raiding Sup Forums?

Forced animation the movie.

90's aesthetics are scary

Why don't you cry about it some more?

Man I wish I had the time to explore all these, look cool

You fucking Anons are all the same. One sniff of anime and you lose it!

Not one accolade towards the goriest and most violent animes ever made? Rape is not even the worse part of this because it's standardly happens non stop through out, even death by rape which happens more than once in part one and two.

Immortals, demons, sex, aesthetic of the late 80's/early 90's.

Best hilarious english dubs ever recorded.

Overfiend/Urotsukidoji 1&2 are in the hall of fame for me and in my top 10 of all time.

Anime isn't Sup Forums. Get back to Sup Forums.

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

It's sweet that when you think moe you think Haruhi.

how did he rotate his hand 360 degrees?

This never fails to impress me.

Yes because it was part of the moe boom, and it was a faggot tripfag's favourite anime and he used it to constantly shitpost and high jack threads on Sup Forums.

moe is aimed at an adult male audience though

>Being over 14
>Watching anime

Might as well just kill yourself desu

This looks interesting. What anime is this?

>am i cool yet XD

>am i cool yet XD

Said every anime fan ever.

Thanks, user. Now I have cancer.

j. h. f. christ

I just downloaded a metric fuck ton of late 80's, early 90's OVA's and features.

Gonna relive my sordid adolescence.

They sure don't make them like they used to. Pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=cenvER2-qvQ

I really love the aesthetic of 80's and 90's anime, and in still frames it looks 100% better than the modern anime I've seen.

But going back and rewatching them a lot of the animation is seriously crude.

boot initiation sequence.

I already have M.D. Geist BUT HOLY SHIT CYBER CITY IS SO COOL

Came here to post this and it's the first goddamn reply.
I'm so proud of you.

What is this? Davido-kun 2.0?

I still find it baffling they did a live action U.S. version of Kite.

What possessed them?

Plastic Nee-san

*gets real mad*
you did NOT just disrespect japanese culture in front of me.
you just made your last mistake.

CRY MORE
CRY MORE

what anime?

also, thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=DPz_lkRJPq8

That guy is 6' 5" at least.
He'll bent you easily

>but muh anime
Anime is allowed on all boards.
This site was created to discuss nippon culture and anime.

>tfw it was never finished...

I hate that I got involved in a completely retarded, illogical story while trying to fap.

>punisher logo

at least try to create a strawman that's accurate.

>first minute
he's just a nerd, whatever
>he starts to dance

the fuck. this is his parents' fault, partly

That's fucking stupid. What's the point of having anime boards if you can post anywhere about anime "because the site was created for anime"?

The "the site was created for anime" thing is a response to people who flip whenever they say an anime picture and who get mad over smug-anime faggotry. It wasn't meant as a defense for discussing anime wherever you want.

That being said I don't mind anime threads especially on Sup Forums since the subject matter can cross pretty heavily. Same with other boards like Sup Forums, /m/ etc.

anime used to have a much cooler aesthetic

moe really did fuck it up. I guess post-moe anime is compelling in its own way but this stuff was cooler

Both Sup Forums & Sup Forums are fucking retarded boards, recently people are jumping on different to get their threads across.

Moe is more profitable, that's all you need to know.

Amano had the best character design ever. Literal perfection.

different *boards*

>mfw

Japan doesn't have a super-charged, world-conquering economy any more. They were only making all those 15-toned shading, movie quality experimental OVAs because they had the money to spare. Cheap digital stuff sells more or less as well and doesn't require a football-stadium worth of animators to get the grunt-work done.

yeah, that's what it comes down to. as an aside, on that point, a lot of the changes being forced in film right now, casting-wise, will not last for that very reason. if female Ghostbusters, or female James Bond don't profit, don't expect that trend to continue. Hollywood aren't going to throw their money away just for some agenda. they're only trying it right now because social media is making them think that such a change might be popular.

but back to the discussion

How new are you?

I wish Moot were still alive so he could ban you.

You can't even post anime on Sup Forums.

>Super Charged economy

They didn't even have that in the 80's and early 90's.

Just banks literally throwing money at people who had no intention of paying it back.

It was awesome and I wish it would happen again.

>You can't even post anime on Sup Forums

Pretty much this.

I'm glad OP made this thread since I asked Sup Forums for similar recommendations not too long ago and was also told to fuck off.

Make Japan Edgy Again.

Modern anime is just embarrassing.

This

Who worked on it?

Pretty easy.

Get the banks to literally throw money at people and every pervert with a fantasy can start up a anime company and hire the best and brightest to go to work.

>asking for recommendations on Sup Forums
If you went on Sup Forums and said 'hey guise I just saw my first three movies and now I'm really into them pls tell me more so far I've seen Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump and Inception and they're teh best evar' you'd be told to fuck off too.

Those recommendation charts they throw at newfaggots aren't a meme. If you haven't seen at least maybe 20 shows, 20 movies and 20 OVAs just don't bother trying to participate in any discussion, let alone make your own. Sup Forums should be for anime fans, not posers, dilettantes and newfaggots. Of course in its current state it isn't, but that doesn't mean we should fold completely. Somebody has to enforce standards. Watch everything Grumpy-Jii San rip rated 4.5 or 5. He had some very refined tastes.

Stop talking out your ass. Mamoru Oshii is too esoteric to be edgy, the late 90s were when real edge in anime started to die and lastly there's still plenty of edge all over the place if you know where to look.

Do the designs bring anything else particularly famous to mind? Think of a certain famous /m/ OVA mad in the late 80s. Notice how the light flashes off the visor. Anything? I could make another webm showing off more familiar character designs if you can't get it.

>Sup Forums goes to the race war

Fill our streets with banks. And run a bank making operation out of the banks.

I think my girlfriend might like this, this woman loks really strong and the equality levels are off the chart with her strength and fitness, yea i might try this with her. Whats the name of this one?

Don't worry, your girlfriends date night prayers have been answered.

>this woman loks really strong
>her strength and fitness
this is funny but in a way that would be kind of hard to explain. she's a robot lady.