This is a better movie than 2001 A Space Odyssey

This is a better movie than 2001 A Space Odyssey

p r o v e m e w r o n g

>le epic lines like "In your face Neil Armstrong"

It's shit, Ridley hasn't made a good movie since Body of Lies.

The Martian is a fun movie, but no. Just no.

it's more like a discovery channel faux doco than a movie though. it's not superior to 2001 in any way

prove this side of the coin is better than the other side, they're both great movies, don't see the need to try comparing heads to tails

>I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this

It's more inspirational movie then 2001, that was more about a mystical obelisk, with a meaningless ending, and a typical frankenstein monster for an AI.

In way of a PR for scientific endeavours, The Martian is a child of love made for science, where as 2001 is just a sci-fi horror flick that has almost nothing to do with science other then "muh walking in circles"

No one knows this, but it was basicly a fanfic made by a little know science blogger, it was never meant to be a movie. It was just a really comfy little story, but everyone here will think that Kubrick worked with Conan Doyle to make this movies.

/thread

The martian is litteraly a marvel capeshit with a better director

It's a favorite of /r/books, that's all I need to know to ascertain it's shit
t. /lit/

DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
CAN YOU SPEAK IN ENGLISH LMAO?

It is worse in every single aspect.

>2001: A Space Odyssey
Sight & Sound #6
>The Martian
Sight & Sound #9987
proved.

Le edgy OP Xd

>baiting this hard this early in the morning
m8, I can't, come back in the usual shitposting hours and I'll give you a full paragraph and a smug anime face, but right now? Just fuck off

Gladiator was the last good Ridley Scott movie. Ever since he has been content ripping off whatever was popular at the time.

This. A film doesn't get voted in the Sight and Sound top 10 multiple times without being objectively great. The Martian is fun, 2001: A Space Odyssey is great art.

>Le old is better than new meme

Abhorrent.

T R I G G E R E D

This face