So what does Sup Forums think of No Man's Sky?

So what does Sup Forums think of No Man's Sky?
Exceptional and very good or just overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLhnts8Xd5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It only has two outcomes:

A: Game launches without a hitch and we discover that all that the devs were hiding is godlike

or

B: Game launches, servers bug out, we find out that all that was shown in previews is all that there is to the game, making it just Watch Dogs 2.0

I'm waiting for B, tbh

there's a lot of doubt because this is the first game that's so huge, so people don't know what to expect. we'll see. i bought it because im ready to support these kind of games with self generating worlds. could be the future of gaming, y'know

Its a video game made by a mathematician
Its an overhyped picture viewer with repetitive gameplay and no reason to get attached to anything in game.
It promised ultimate freedom but it actually forces everyone in the same path.
It doesnt let u influence or change universe radicaly, just name animals and planets like some idiotic Pokemon fag
U cant have more then 1 ship
U cant hunt players
U cant hunt animals
U cant make trophies of animals
U cant make a zoon
U cant even PAINT UR OWN SHIP
U grind red stuff for 1h on a planet
U get bored, attack merchant, red stuff falls out of his cargo gg
U should be enemy to npcs cus they wont sell u engines
Game puts everyone in same space but then calculates how to spread everyone away from eachother
Its an exploration game, and then they give u planet and ground ping scanner so u can ping and see where to go and leave after u see it.
Tons of self-contrary mechanics and ur influence in the universe that wont be fully explored is ZERO.
Instead of pulling people in, the already empty game world will become more desolate as people get bored from rehashed content and zero influence.
I however will wait Dual Universe

some solid points there, but it may not be all that bad. i mean just the idea seems cool. i really don't know what to expect

The IDEA IS COOL!
Its just that as a game- its not a good idea.
Its trying to be Journey and Shadow Of Collosus emotional story in space- but it has nothing that made these games good.
It is just... un-game-y.
Its empty. It lacks story. It lacks freedom. It lacks giving players ability to shape and influence stuff.
I see that people blinded by hype will defend this, but what they showed at E3 2 years ago, changed and got cut out.
0 Customisation in a space game?
U are fighting against RNG?
Confirmed that 80% of 18 quintilion planets are barren and lifeless?
60$ for a "game" that is basicaly a universe generator picture viewer?
Fucking no.
Download Space Engine *ITS FREE* and get the same gratification of exploring space but more accurate scientifically.

solid point. you got all of these things right, but there's this thing, i mean i mostly bought it because of the visual orgasms. i mean the game is really fucking beautiful. i like nice things.

What i believe people fail to realize is that he has kept most of the game secret for people to discover on their own when the game comes out. That is either a really amazing thing or a terrible one. I say that meaning the game actually has no content or that there is a fuck ton of it that no one knows about.

You bought a game because it's beautiful? That retarded

No there will not be much. Your hopes are set too high

It's going to be one of those games that is cool at first but gets old really fast. I can see it being really bland and repetitive. procedurally generated isn't the same as infinite content. It's going to be the same shit over and over.

suit yourself

This is what I got out of it. Fly around. Bust up some rocks. Name a plant you or anybody else will ever see again. Get bored. It's pointless. I can't see it being very popular beyond 1 week if that. There is no multiplayer and seemingly no goal from what I have seen. No thanks.

Space Engine sure is amazing. Every now and then I like to spend hours exploring. But the thing is, I think you really have to be in to this kind of simulation. I, for the most part, like exploring when I play Sandbox games. Now specially when it involves space. Lot's of people don't like Elite Dangerous, for instance. I love it. But then again, I like this kind of stuff.

I´ve been following the leak on reddit and so far only thing I can say (specially after watching 50 minutes of gameplay by this redditor), it`s basically what Sean promises it would be. It´s mainly a Planet exploration game and it's pretty damn good at it. So yeah, I can almost guarantee that I`m going to like it and play the shit out of it.

Being that casual gamer, uncreative scum. Go play Ubisoft games then.

Show me what you've gottttttt!

No multiplayer, still needs servers, bound to fail at launch!

I've been waiting for a space exploration game for forever and reading this thread the hype is almost all gone.

If you want a space exploration game, do drugs like LSD...

I feel bad for those who preordered

I'm planning on it

This!

Why? As I stated above, I followed the leak and gameplay footage. I don't regret preordering.

There is no game, once you're bored of discovering planets thats only different colored. There is nothing else to do.

It's like Spore all over again...

Imo it's like Star Citizen but shittier.

Overrated.

Like any other game nowadays.

It won't be nothing out of the ordinary.

Just a game randomly generating stuff from it's options.

Sure you can fly into space or whatever but, what's actually the point of the "game"?

All I know is im gonna light up a joint and get lost in the universe, cant say otherwise for you Sup Forumsros

Star Citizen haven't even reached the shit state yet... That game wont release before 2020, if ever! The programming is so bad I don't even know where to start!

Sounds like a plan Sup Forumsro. Might just have to do that myself

the point of the game is to suspend disbelief, get super stoned and explore the god damned universe. for FUN.

Women only skies

That's exactly it. It's about the feeling and atmosphere, the exploration. I don't care what other think about this game but I love this sort of stuff.

atleast i can play with my friends in that game

Starmade is better atm. It looks like fucking minecraft but if you can build properly its actually nice. you can take over a station asteroid or a planet. you grow big and then you got your own system. the map is fucking big. This is a example of a mothership of a fleet youtube.com/watch?v=JLhnts8Xd5Y btw. you can build your own ship with your own ideas.

Rebel Galaxy is better.

Yeah, but apparently you need shitty multiplayer filled with loads of 12 year olds and other casual game factors in a game nowadays according to these fags.

You mean I can check the colors of the planets.

It's over hyped, but what isn't? I believe it can be a great game but it's worth waiting for reviews.

because a game has never been given updates to add content ever...

But after a couple of hours you've seen everything it has to offer

I heard it is procedurally generated.

people are playing it on twitch, now

So what you're saying, you think they'll add an actual game during an update?

9-11 confirmed.

Enjoy your 20$ dlc to be able to unlock minor stuff that should be actually in the game from the start.

No man's sky is a money grab. Just get that into your systems, faggots.

"I pay $60 for indie games"

I think if your the kind of person, who turns on gta5, to run around and explore.. it will be fun. If you play gta and only do missions, it might not be the game for you.

Why would they ever release the game when they can keep selling "backers" $200 spaceships?
What are they gonna do, charge 60 for the actual game release? Come on man, theres no money to be made doing that

I expect it to be a game that loses enjoyment very quickly, unless you're easily amused. It seems like something to kick back and aimlessly explore. If I still smoked pot, I'd probably enjoy it a lot.

I know it's going to lack depth and variety. There's no way it's going to be as immersive as it seems. It will be fun for a while, but I don't expect to be blown away at all. I'll lose interest in probably a week.

I'm not buying it until it's been out for a month or two. I learned my lesson with Fallout 4. I will never pre-order or buy on day one again. Giving into hype creates a delusion in your mind that always leads to disappointment.

i enjoyed fallout 4

You mean minor stuff like extra skins which holds no purpose?

I did until I had discovered basically 95% of all the armor and weapon types in the first couple of days, then I just didn't feel like playing because there was nothing else to discover but places filled with the same shit. I just feel games like that should have a lot more items to collect. Not the same items with beefier stats over and over. They improved the gameplay a lot, and that's a step in the right direction, but it was lacking variety for a new fallout title.

Not to mention, it's focus on fucking base-building and the lack of RPG elements killed it for me. Voice acting, story. I could go on. My complaints are shared by many. I just don't see myself playing it again until there are tons of mod that make the game feel more.. full. The only thing better about it compared to the previous two is the gameplay. That's it.

there are a ton of mods out for it though.
there were a good selection even before the creation kit came out.