Post AOTY contenders, I'll start

Post AOTY contenders, I'll start

I don't think it's AOTY but I still love it. I just love that sound that Cudi came up with when he released MOTM and I love that he's back to it.

>tfw an artist you had literally fucking dropped releases another good album

This.

That album is awful, is this a meme?

Is it a meme, or are we contrarians?

lets post real answers please

What was it that made it bad?

The problem with cudi releasing an album that is even considered decent on Sup Forums is that after he released Speeding Bullet he was already considered a meme. The trolls hailing his new album as great are indistinguishable from the people who honestly believe it. The lines are skewed, blurred. You cannot trust your eyes alone anymore.

Tbh I am more curious what makes it good at all.

The whole album is built on "vibes" instead of good songwriting or catchy melodies and the only half-interesting song is By Design. Swim In The Light is also one of the worst songs I've heard in a while, it is just repeating an uncatchy chorus for most of the song with a terrible beat behind it, and I hear people praising it and in general I am just confused why people like this.

The only good thing about this album is that it is slightly better than his past few albums, I'd give it a 3/10

Do people like Tonedeff on Sup Forums?
He's unquestionably a good rapper but I fucking hate his sound

literally who?

this album is fucking horrible, shit taste. nice dubstep beats and tryhard lyrical miracle raps

welcome to the clusterfuck of post-irony, user. you must be new.

Tonedeff is the guy who made Polymer, the album user posted

You just have shit taste user

Yes.

You have patrician taste user

Tonedeff made the best album of 2016 yall niggas is gay

I don't like it desu senpai

Why

The way it sounds is not good

Doushita no?

You have broken ears user listen again

the production is just bad

/thread

The production was the best part shut up homosexual

are you kidding me? the production is insane on every level, incredibly inspiring as a hip hop producer myself.

if you've never tried to make music, you have no right to criticize the production

AOTY should be this and only this.

Shittiest album of the year desu.

i am a glowing man I ammmm

Only one of these posts got trips

This and coles album fucked me up.
before this i was like ye its alright i can prob make a list of good albums this year even tho tons of good ones came out from basically every popular artist and most underground 2

then they came out and other than deja vu coles album is great fucking impossible 2 consider best album 4 me. guess ill just wait till gramys to see what they decide.

personal pick for rap AOTY

+ JEFFERY, Floss
- YG, TLOP, Chance

for me Jeffery, Passion Pain and Demon Slayin', and Savage Mode all tie for the top spot

Not a Cudi fan but savage mode is a +album. Like it a lot better than scHoolboy and J Cole's projects

even if you're not a fan I'd urge you to give Cudi's latest a try. I think it's way better than anything he's ever done. if you enjoy great melodies over amazing production like young thug, you might like this album.

you're a faggot

Kid Cudi was always a meme. Le depressed weed man mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooaoaaaaaaaaa

cole's album is a solid 4-5/10 for me
>for whom the bell tolls is nice but this has nothing to do with the next track which contextually makes no sense.
>head game stronger than a few excedrin.
this honestly doesn't even fit for his wife let alone the concept of the album where its for his daughter
>that part about corporations on the second part that was brutally unnecessary.
>ville mentality with that god awful singing and repeating lines over and over
>deja vu being straight trash
>changes having that funeral part which doesn't coincide with neighbors following after it
>most of the album is about cole himself rather than his friend, i didn't even know this was through his friend's perspective that this album's for his daughter until after seeing the lyrics for 4 your eyez only.
>rhyming almond milk with milk, not utilizing foldin clothes as a greater metaphor for being a loyal companion.
>overall this concept on this album is weak

Nice dadrock logic

this and atrocity exhibition

>Tfw you fall for the scaruffi meme