Non-Americans, please tell me everything you know about the Civil War

Non-Americans, please tell me everything you know about the Civil War.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upjlKlV9uIA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

states rights desu

more than I should.

Everything i learned from assasins creed III

Something about the southern states wanting to preserve states rights to slave ownership.

All I know.
youtube.com/watch?v=upjlKlV9uIA

you want me to come down there again?

I hear it's been over for a while now, but strangely enough those who benefited the most from white men killing each other still act like the white man is the cause of all their troubles

>leaf shermanposting

It wasn't really the blacks who benefited the most but the northern whites though. Blacks were basically still slaves due to legal loopholes, working in agriculture to pay "debts" until the 1900s, when they faced prejudice everywhere, all the time. They didn't get any proper education until the late 60's

The good guys lost
remember the alamo
worst day in the history of the cotton industry

I see the obvious disadvantages, but here for example around the 1920's a huge % of the population were immigrants with no education and in many cases even zero knowledge of spanish.

Most of them could never get a well paying job at local businesses. Many were never able to fully master the language. And guess what? Most of them worked hard and thrived, and their children became doctors, lawyers, etc.

>but muh discrimination

There is a meme here, even today, that Spaniards are stupid, Italians are lazy, Poles are drunkards, etc. Imagine how it was at that time.

El Alamo
The South will rise again
Guys with funny masks and bayonets on their rifles
Niggers in between, picking cotton I presume

it's not just discrimination though. Spainards, Italians and poles weren't subjugated to segregation laws. That's a huge difference. Discrimination nothing but a small portion of the many disadvantages, problems and unfairness blacks had to endure. Not only that, but blacks also lost their culture and history. They had to come up with a new one. That's why laws against the Chinese working in the US didn't prevent them from thriving; they had culture, gastronomy and knowledge from their ancestors and their country when they immigrated. Blacks had nothing.

It was about Good Reds and Bad Blue
Also one guy with a badass surname Lee

America won.

The South got cucked so hard they are now proudly sucking the northern cock and celebrating their American heritage.

>One were pro slavery and the north weren't.
>Civil war happens, south loses
>Few hundred years later and some southfags still butthurt.

>Bonus: Some of southern soldiers went here after the war and founded a city called Americana.

That's all i know.

>tfw you know more about American history than the average American

good guys lost

Then you don't know anything

this desu

> USA is divided into states with different laws and ways of life
> broadly divided into "North" and "South", with a number of states (Kansas, Delaware, Virginia....) in the gray area
> wild west shit goes down in Kansas, like the Pottawatomie genocide that the North refuses to recognise to this day
> eventually Buchanan (probably a foreign mole) rises to power and fights to take away states' rights, even with violence
> partial military occupation of the Southern states sparks the revolt at Fort Sumter
> new President Lincoln makes sure this series of local conflicts become a full civil war
> outgunned, outmanned Southerners fight for their states' rights to the last man, and still manage to win most battles thanks to the mastery of Lee and Sherman
> the North resorts to throwing Irish refugees escaping hunger to the front lines
> Sherman sets a new Mongol style record in brutality against civilians
> in the end the industrialised and populated North wins, as expected
> states' rights are taken away
> new brutal military occupation of the South
> carpetbaggers profit from the situation
> never forgive, never forget

Is this what Alabamans actually believe?

>Is this what Alabamans actually believe?
probably