bad music too

Looks pretty gay

>it's a /bleep/ artist pretends to be a rock star episode
so cute

I would've been thrown out for laughing too hard

Perfect way to end the fest. Was front row

I'm proud of the replies in this thread

Yes i did.

Was disgusted during the goat live birth video and went to Travis scott.

How does that fucking weirdo make such good music?

he is a rich gay kid who spent his youth fucking around on fl studio then went to one of the music schools in america

>one of the music schools in america
whoa one of them? amazing!

GAY

was gonna say is arca like a venezuelan trust fund kiddie who's parents let him dick with fruity loops full time or what

it was fucking amazing

me too. did you mosh?

I was there at Day For Night, my dude. He had a great set. One of the best of the whole festival desu. Also, he was probably one of (if not) the loudest acts I've ever seen live.

I feel like he purposely did a mediocre house set just to appease the edm crowd at the fest. That wasn't necessary because Matmos was on the same stage earlier and is way weirder than him. Wish he did more of his glitch hop.

people went wild for matmos. they performed with a fucking washing machine, it was great

what did you guys think of OPN's set?

agreed
friend saw him last week do a show with dean blunt
apparently he remixed a bunch Cocteau twin shit
jealous

I wish I could find a setlist somewhere for Arca's set.

It was alright. I'm a huge 0PN fan, but personally I just think that his music doesn't translate well to live sets.

>implying anyone went for the "music"
post more boipuss

I thought Aphex Twin and Squarepusher were the best sets

Oneohtrix.Never was also really good

Bjork dj set was kinda lame

squarepusher and opn were a bit underwhelming to me. aphex matmos and arca were amazing though

didnt catch bjork as i was tripping on acid looking at the nonotak show upstairs

No I didn't mosh. Mainly because I wouldn't lose my spot on the fence for anything and I was too captivated by the set to start moshing

Holy shit this. I've never seen a better dj set in my life. And this is the longest my ears have rang still after the show.

I wanna fuck that butt

what's this weirdo's deal?

why are artists so fucking weird? why can't normal people just make music? fuck

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Where did your friend see him?
A Dean blunt and arca set would have been crazy.
I was wondering if arca planned that hype Williams the throning played while he walked on stage last night.

If only normal people made music it would be boring.

found some vids

youtube.com/watch?v=t6nF0wi5bjg
youtube.com/watch?v=18BzjxvZseo
youtube.com/watch?v=jgA6kekUnU4

got to mosh w/ machine girl in there towards the front amongst the choas. got my phone pickpocketed at the end of the show, along with a bunch of other people. I meant to leave travis scott to see arca opening but travis was so hype I couldn't make way through the huge crowd. I didn't know who matmos was and didn't see him, and from everyone's description it sounds like I missed out

he's gay he's a revolutionary and crucial and sooooo talented you don't know shit fuck shut up cis scum #radfem

Where do I start with Arca?

fucking dudebros and their shit taste, day for night is lame now

tinder probably

WTF Im gay now

anyone see Liars?

Same

new music?? Reverie when??
he fucking said in text its coming out his year

WHO?

yeah he actually is a trust fund kid, his parents back in Venezuela are doctors or surgeons more specifically

unfortunately most of the current bleeding edge comes from backgrounds of privilege. its a hyperacademic environment where money speaks. Arca, m.e.s.h., Lotic, Kablam etc. all come from really posh homes but keep the details vague.

I was only in red for butthole surfers, and figured to kill same time and see t scott. once butthole surfers were done people started piling up so much for travis scott that the crowd was literally a pack of sardines and I couldn't move

SCARUFFI GAVE HIS ALBUM A 7

green not red, I mean

ecco2k and yung lean's parents are rich too, HHH is also super rich iirc

>unfortunately most of the current bleeding edge comes from backgrounds of privilege. its a hyperacademic environment where money speaks

i actually don't mind this. it shows how they just care about making music than making a living really.
much as I like hip hop and other indie acts too many of them are just straight up poor that they can't afford to keep making music in this economy.

yeah but indie bands dont make social-political music like the bleeding edge does

Matmos is two people

First of all, 90% of Sup Forums cares more about making music than making a living. Furthermore, cities are filled with trust fund kids who make music coasting on their trust funds, but they aren't friends with Bjork so nobody thinks it's cool.

Arca is replaceable pop music with an avant-garde coat of paint.

i agree in that hes replaceable but youve got to admit it would be no easy task, nobody has gone as far out as him

You're underestimating the disparity in market demand with what the gatekeepers are throat fucking us with.

It's crazy, it only takes some contrived story about some kid in a gated community with nothing but time thinking himself into concentric circles to make p4k readers think ~2000 follower soundcloud-tier IDM is some sort of aggressive political statement.

got any examples of better IDM/ or whats arca making right now?
Been searching for awhile and haven't found anything

>yeah but indie bands dont make social-political music like the bleeding edge does
I really didn't notice arca made political music?
All i know is that hes gay and hangs with the hoodbyair crew. whats is he trying to promote?

It's not about what HE'S trying to promote.

Literally everything. It's not that he's bad or totally untalented. He's overvalued. The journos (who absolutely shill here) jump on this album, that festival appearance, or the other thing, but that hype doesn't actually exist.

It might be unrelated but people really need to stop mistaking 2016 mix and master techniques with groundbreaking material.

KEKEKEKEKEKE

Reverie better be fucking mindblowing
if he can top Mutant & Entranas i would just not release any music

>Literally everything. It's not that he's bad or totally untalented. He's overvalued.
that maybe true but as somebody who just cares about good music. I'd love to hear what you consider better. I'm not well versed in what the journos are promoting

*can't*

this

Reverie tho
He needs to release it before 2016 ends: it'll be AOTY.