God tier movies thread?

God tier movies thread?

I just saw Full Metal Jacket the other day and I'm looking for another good one.

bump

last bump, guess there is no interest

bump

La Haine is my favorite

whatch city of god if you haven't yet

peacekeeper wars.

watch it after season 1-4 of farscape though

leon the professional was pretty perfect, Jean Reno did an okay job but his acting wasnt anything special

Fear & loathing in Las Vegas

The Deer Hunter

Very nice

Kung fu hustle
The matrix
Are the last two I watched.

Haven't seen these, might check 'em out.

Watch this.

I know you're probably posting that ironically but I actually like Clerks

And this.

Looks good user.

Was the movie with Johnny Depp any good?

Same here user.

And Dogma

THIS TRAILY IS MY FAV MOVIE EVER

THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEDOOMMMM

I read the book and watched the movie. As usual the book is better but I enjoyed the movie too. Johnny Depp gets typecast as a fucking weirdo for a reason.

Best movie of the year

Wasn't that meant to be the whole point of his role?

It is, alot of famous actors are young in that movie.

I mean Hunter S. Thompson is for sure a very strange individual. If you're asking me if Johnny Depp did a good job capturing his strangeness.. I would say yes.

what do you think of Apocalypse Now? I hear it's in the same vain as FMJ and Platoon.

Oh. Well someone thinks it's good.

Apocalypse Now is a good movie too. I would say it's similar to Platoon and Full Metal Jacket as it focuses on the psyche of the characters. They all take place in Vietnam, but I wouldn't call any of them war movies.

>
Apocalypse Now is a loose adaptation of Heart of Darkness.

Basically about a killer of a man who can't escape his past, descending into madness as he goes to murder a rogue military commander.
Comforting what he has become, a personification of madness.

The horror, the horror...

that was beautiful user

Saving Private Ryan

Yeah apocalypse now is good.

I'd recommend the original Manchurian Candinate, OP. Real good movie. The remake ain't bad either

It goes beyond that, both were statements about the absurdity of European and American policy. Kurtz in both works was brutally effective and efficient in meeting the stated goals of his masters, yet they wanted to kill him for it. The powers were trying to improve the savages, while stealing their resources. The savages in both act more logical than the great white saviors. Both have examples of the tendency of white men to sorry less about fixing the problem than putting on the appearance of doing something, the hippo in the book and the bridge that is rebuilt everyday in the movie.

>the child of men
>y tu mama tambien
>amores perros
>2001 space odissey
>trainspotting
>pulp fiction
>pi, not the indian shit, the b&w one
>dior and i, if youre into design
I really recommend the 2 and 3, very deep plots, theres frontal nudes in both of them

Taxi Driver. My favorite movie of all time.