DREAM TURNED TO SCREENPLAY

So I had an awkward dream about one of my friends and I got a comedy movie idea from it and maybe plan on writing a screenplay for it if its a decent idea.

Basically its your typical seth rogan/james franco/jonah hill team up comedy movie.

Couple moving parts in it so I will break down the roles from what I have been thinking about.

James Franco - Lead
Emma Stone (maybe someone else) - Supporting Actress
Seth Rogan - prison guard 1
Jonah Hill - Prison Guard 2
Danny McBride - Prison Guard 3

Those are the main players.

>Movie Summary

>James Franco robs a bank to pay off his debts (or maybe something funny) and it obviously doesnt go as planned so he takes a hostage in Emma Stones character. James Franco character manages to get away through some comedy faggotry and they take off in his getaway car (metro geo). He gets caught and blames it on Emma Stones character and the officers believe him (officers played by Mark Whalberg and Will Ferrel {the good guys}) and they send her off to jail and let Franco go. Franco character feels bad about it and he tunnels into prison to get her out and he does. The prison guards played by Seth Rogan/Danny Mcbride/Jonah Hill catch them escaping by accidently stumbling upon them while they were smoking an amazing amount of weed. The guards scared they are going to get in trouble and clearly stoned out of their mind let Franco and Emma stone character go. Hours later they realize they just let a prisoner go and its their quest to track them down and bring her back to jail before the prison warden finds out and they lose their job.

Something along those lines. Obviously going to clean it up with the who/what/when/where/whys but what do you think?

You know what, I don't hate it.

Anyone can come up with ideas user.

I'd watch it.

What you really should do, once you get it done, is pitch it directly to Seth, he'd love it.

absolutely right but I am a writing major and I enjoy writing screenplays in my spare time and my uncle has a couple friends in the movie business who handle/oversee casting and calls and for amateur screenplays for cannes

It's so stupid it might actually work

Sounds fun, could flesh out the ideas for the tracking them down part, which I guess would be most of the film

If only I knew how to get a hold of Seth or any of these dudes lol

abduct seth and refuse to release him unless he reads your script

Yeah that was the plan. I was thinking the whole bank robbery to franco breaking her out would take maybe 20-30 minutes max.

Also they get caught in his Metro Geo because obviously its a slow piece of shit and thats another funny aspect of it cause he didnt plan it all too well

That is very fucking good, user. Literally a better premise than all of Rogen's other movies.

You should switch Franco and Stone's characters and we have a deal

Right? You can almost see the movie in your head already cant you? I think it could be a fun movie to write and flesh out.

I might add a scene to where franco has a friend that helps him tunnel into prison (maybe wentworth miller from prison break to add comedic effect lol) and it could be a trio get away thing or he gets caught and gets sent to jail lol

but as of right now I like keeping it a duo get away thing. Also keeping in mind budget for a movie like this will obviously mainly go mostly to the actors/actresses.

D R O P P E D

well if hes part jewish, wouldnt him robbing a bank support the choice for Franco as the lead?

I feel like the Franco can carry a movie a lot better and it wont feel so try hard with a female lead

just offer them weed

>Those are the main players.

so you won't be needing any music except Hava Negila, maybe Fiddler on the Roof

im screenwriting, not composing lol

shutup you goy animal many shekels will be saved

I live in virginia and low on funds but if I had the money I'd definitley make a trip out to cali only if I had the final screenplay written out though

is Emma barefoot in this movie?

of course

You can forget casting even one of those big names. Could work as an indy comedy maybe you can get eric roberts as the warden if ur lucky

I would watch this.