Why it was so good?

what made it so good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2N8RbFgaqck
youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
youtube.com/watch?v=JHOGs5x90PU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pacing, cinematography, practically everybody's acting was on their A game and even if they weren't they had the tits to get them through

Great writing. Superb direction. And truly simpatico chemistry.

setting, matt+woody=gold

Because we all felt identified with rust, Sup Forums its just like him

It's a police procedural with a weird fiction twist. So it felt like something new.

Plus Rust is like the ultimate fedora self-insert.

I was annoyed by one thing that didn't made sense. But overall i liked it.

- Top-tier chemistry between the leads
- Fukunaga's direction was on a whole other level from most mainstream film cinematographers, let alone television
- Pervasive ambiance of seedy dread with hints of something beyond comprehension lurking beneath the surface
- Consistent tension and perfect pacing

fuck i love the intro song

I wish I had discovered The Handsome Family before this show. Now I can't be smug and hipstery about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=2N8RbFgaqck

Woody and Matthew had like 3-4 movies they were in together to work on getting their chemistry being perfect.

Fukunaga's direction and cinematography we can recognize from Beasts of no Nation, being without reproach as well.

Oddly enough, Fukushima kinda went astray with parts of Beasts of no Nation with an incoherent plot towards the end, and Pizzeria convoluted the shit out of the second season until it sort of imploded on itself, and couldn't be told in a well paced and coherent manner.

I think those two need eachother.

the fedora tipping

I fuckin love Dusty Mason

you can always lie like i do.

>why green ears?
>good

Season 2 didnt even have a moment that bad.

It wasn't.

The classic chemistry of Matt and Woody. The unconventional theft of Thomas Ligotti. Pacing. Fukunaga doing likely the greatest thing he ever will. Prime setting. Dialogue. Pizzo.
GOAT show of a generation for sure.

>what made it so good

"AHEM"

memes

i have more hope in Fukunaga producing top tier work than Pizzolatto writing any. different jobs, though. Fuk can pair up with a decent writer and produce amazing work. Piz needs a great director to elevate his material. however, i would love to see the two collaborate again, but it seems Piz isn't that fond of Fuk.

also, let's not forget Piz's theft of Alan Moore and Grant Morrison concepts and material.

>That outro with the tugboat slowly gliding into the frame

in comparison to S2, they took years writing and tweaking the plot until it was really good and finished.
they rushed S2 so they story wads a hot mess, it they had taken their time with it and trimmed it down it could have been a good season. HBO even said this, so lets hope they follow through this time

The GOAT opening credits sequence.

/thread

the setting was intimate and personal. the show suffered in its second year because it didnt seem like california at all. that and the characters were a joke.

say what's the thing you faggot

>i'll put a solemn period at the end of my trash post, that will make it so autoritative and cool
fuck off nigger

Second season was still good though, not as good as S1 but still better than 90% of TV and whatever HBO is airing right now, both from a directorial standpoint and a characterization standpoint.
It just wasn't as good as the first one.

>procedural

Don't know what that word means, do you pleb?

S2 was not better than Silicon Valley...I bet you don't even FUCK

I will try and answer for him as it was my only "wat" moment in the entire season, what the fuck was the Galaxy that was in the big bad guy final fight scene? Just Rust losing consciousness?

Haven't seen beasts of no nation, but i know season 2 was definitely rushed. Not saying fukunaga doesn't better pizza, but I think that still would've had problems because of timing. Fukunaga is getting a bunch of jobs, though, right? I feel like tons of new projects I read about involve him.

Best scene of each season

1:
youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

2:
youtube.com/watch?v=JHOGs5x90PU

Prove me wrong.

My dick is diamonds.