Which european country is most in tune with it's pagan roots?

which european country is most in tune with it's pagan roots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xvVLWSsKjkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

German folklore, Scandinavian viking mythology.

Us.

Samis

MUH

Japan, the abode of Amaterasu, the original Aryans

The British. They have these legends about once being some great empire or something. It's pretty funny, but they actually believe it.

wtf am i reading in this thread

This, us Scandinavians still know our pagan roots are still there in our now Christian holidays.
But we can't hold a candle to the samis when it comes to upholding their pagan roots, some still even practise shamanism

Honestly, it depends on what exactly you mean by that.

In terms of percentage, Iceland. Over 1% of the population are practising (neo)pagans, and much more believe in fairies or spirits and such.

In terms of actual numbers, the UK. Which has at least over 80,000 (neo)pagans as of the last census count in 2011.

But also in a lot of eastern Europe and rural communities, lots of festivals and celebrations take place which are pagan in origin, and there's lots of old folk beliefs and tales, even if most people there would still call themselves Christians.

tfw. no qt sami gf.

pfft, the average Scandinavian learns his Nordic mythology from Marvel

are the baltics more pagan than scandinavia?

I can't say us,but we are pretty near the top

ur fucking muslim

Slovenia seems like cool guy

Bulgarians.

Not really.

idk why but for some reason the samis and their beliefs remind me of the native americans

Gallaecians.
youtube.com/watch?v=xvVLWSsKjkI

Iceland, no discussion needed

>for some reason
slanty-eyed shamans vs. slanty-eyed shamans
hmmm

why do you say this?

i would say Latvia or Lithuania is the most pagan influenced

Icelance might have the most practicing pagans...

Finland.
Latest Bathtized, and latest to modernize.

Sure, everything north/west of east Norway was basically Pagan Christians;
and same is true of North Swede
But the thing is its a mild thing, with occasionally dying folklore and folk beliefs.

Nah, Our pagan traditions got absolutely destroyed since they were mostly oral anyway. What we know now of our past beliefs might just be a load of bull. There's some holiday still that have pagan traditions like Kekri, or Nuutinpäivä but we're probably the purest christian state out of the nordics.

No fun folklore?
No "little people" that will troll you if you neglect your property in minor ways?

Britain was the equivalent of the USA until 1919.

Some here and there but it's treated as just that fun folklore. But i'll say if anything we have pretty heartwarming folklore.