Why are the Simpsons more popular when South Park is clearly superior?

Why are the Simpsons more popular when South Park is clearly superior?

SIMPSONS DID IT

Because South Park is fucking juvenile

>Early Simpsons
>Written by geniuses and autists

>Early and current South Park
>Written by two fuck ups who try to be as topical as possible

The Simpsons is family friendly.

SP hasn't been good for over a decade

Every one of their stories spanning multiple episodes have been absolutely rubbish.

What is the appeal of SouthPark?

They both suck now.

Simpsons peaked higher though.

D R O P P E D

Because The Simpsons did it first. South Park is still superior, though.

everyone knows matt stone is a jew lol
the truth is matt and trey are dried up hags that have no business writing the show in 2016.

Politically incorrect comedy for people that like their ideas pre-chewed

But the last season of SP was the best in years

The Simpsons is for the whole family, it's just that simple.

This, it doesn't contain any edgy 12 year old humor.

Current maybe,
Early south Park was pretty clever in how they decided to push the envelope on what was and wasn't alright to say on tv

Episodes like "Deep Space Homer", "Homer Defined" or "Lisa's Pony" are much smarter, creative and better written than anything from South Park.

It isn't a competition, like the fact Futurama at its peak could only scratch the surface of the greatness of The Simpsons.

>any edgy 12 year old humor.
>implying anything +18 is edgy

KILL YOURSELF you fucking safespace redditor

Whom are you quoting?

South Park has never been funny
People convinced themselves they like it because it's "cool".
I remember when I realized I never actually enjoyed an episode and stopped watching.

KotH > B&B > SP > Futurama > Simpsons > CH > BB > Daria > AD > FG > PJ > CS

Prove me wrong.

not as offensive.

fodder for dull edges and stale bait on Sup Forums

>PBJ>ADD>GHB>BBW

Current South Park is one of the only shows talking about SJW views from an objective standpoint though.

South Park is still good atleast

They are both not nearly as good as they used to be. Either way, who cares?

>Early south Park was pretty clever in how they decided to push the envelope on what was and wasn't alright to say on tv
>FUCK YOU YOU FUCKIN JEW FUCK YOU FATASS BRAVO 10/10 PUSHING TEH BOUNDARIES

and its failing to be funny in the process and honestly feels like a completely different show. They need to move on and perhaps make a more serious series that can fight again PC culture without flanderizing old favourites like randy, cartman and butters.

the sooner you realize that people aren't too sensitive to appreciate your humour but instead just grew out of that phase of their lives, the sooner you'll stop sounding like such an edgy teen

>they should've quitted after you're getting old
PROVE
ME
WRONG

insane mode: try not mentioning "SJW"

the fuck even are all these acronyms? PJ? CS? B&B? CH?

honestly they should just focus on sp games. Stick of truth was actually really good and felt more in line with seasons 5 - 10 when the show was peaking

>2/2 of my gfs had been jewish
>new one is jewish too

guess its time to learn the torah

Fuck off, the games are boring /w rehashed jokes.
But you're a child that plays videogames. You don't even have any voice here

Pretty sure south park has done better ratings and been more culturally relevant and critically acclaimed than the Simpsons for the last decade plus.

south park was better for longer
and matt and trey are 1000 times better than matt groening

>more culturally relevant
but i never hear anyone but south park republicans talk about it

Golden Age Simpsons > Golden Age South Park > Current South Park >>>>>>>> Current Simpsons
This is a fact.

with golden age south park i hope you mean 2000-2011 and not season 1-3

Post-movie to season 10 actually.

So people talk more about new Simpsons than new South Park?

>what is "bullshit" Alex?

Cartoon Wars was incredible when it first came out

Well, this is correct, but why would you insert facts into the conversation?

The last season of South Park was fantastic

B&B is obviously bed and breakfast

i love that show!

no it wasn't. literally every joke was "haha. look at how dumb these SJWs are! amiright libertareddit?" long time south park fan and didn't laugh a single second.

>being this much of a cuck

No wonder you didn;t like it

>everybody agree with me because i'm so obviously right!

>literally every joke was "haha. look at how dumb these SJWs are! amiright libertareddit?"
This is bullshit and you know it.

but it sucked.

it is true though. every episode had PC principle in it and he had some big importance to the plot in one way or another

>PC principle
he actually would've been funny if they exercised a little restraint but they overdid it by a huge amount

>not realizing how much they patronized both sides of the argument, and how reality getting hanged by EVERYONE was a critique not on SJWs but on everyone.

>my name is reality.

BRAVO PARKER
R
A
V
O

What other show did that on tv?

none... because they were all too busy trying to write actual jokes

>actual jokes

>Because South Park is fucking juvenile
It's literally too deep for you apparently. You. Specifically. Because you're too retarded to see past the vulgarity.

Has Simpsons ever actually been funny? I dono if it's an American thing or something, when I watched it as a kid I thought it was just brain dead jokes for retards, like if I compared it to recent shows it would be the season 2 and onward of walking dead of Tv series or the game of thrones season 5 of tv series or w.e

I'm seriously here, is Simpsons fun because it's old and nostalgic, or do you actually think it's funny because honestly I find it worse than family guy

>there are actually people ITT who are too fucking stupid to understand fucking South Park
Amazing.

woe dood, u mist be relly smert

Simpsons: lmao he's a stupid alcoholic xD lmao he's choking his son xD

South Park: lmao cartman is so anti politically correct XD

Still not as bad as Family guy though

But American dad is better than all 3, and season 1 of archer is better than that

American dad is the most bland and retarded show I've ever seen.

You can make anything sound stupid by summarizing it into one sentence starting with "lmao" and ending with "XD"

It doesn't actually mean anything, shitposter.

Because of them South Park will keep going until Matt and Trey call it quits. There will never be an end to stupidity and absurdity.

Simpsons was a work of genius in its beginning and thorough it’s golden age. The writing was sublime.

However, The Simpsons is dead for many years now. It is unwatchable. It is a comatose patient whose plug should have been pulled out a long time ago. It probably still earns the owners a lot of money, so they will keep milking a cow who is already eaten by gangrene, but to anyone with even moderate taste The Simpsons is now a complete failure.

The situation is so sad that now The Simpsons has a larger number of trashy and mediocre episodes than of good material. Yet it’s first seasons were some of the best comedy ever produce, and the impact on the culture of humanity will last for a long time.

As for South Park, much of its impact was due to the shocking liberties and audacious use of several kinds of offensive and taboo material. The show was and is also very topic, relying very much on the current world affairs. The creators are very smart, no doubt about that, and they have a keen eye to notice patterns and current trends and to dive their inquisitive finger in the open wounds of society. But the show lacks the same humanity, warm understanding of life and family, of the everyday problems of all of us that was present in the golden age of The Simpsons.

Yet is irrelevant to talk about The Simpsons now. The show is dead and rotten. South Park at least keeps alive.

I should also note that, in their way, the Stewie-Brian and the Roger scenes in Family Guy and American Dad are sometime superior even to South Park, and certainly much better than the zombie that is the present day Simpsons.

this

No. You clearly don't watch South Park if you think it lacks humanity and a warm understanding of life. In fact the moments they do it hit harder than most shows that use that as their bread and butter.

The golden years of The Simpsons (S3-10) was as good as it is possible for a TV show to be. Hilarious, ridiculously dense and taking advantage of the format in a way that a non-animated show can never compete with. Just genius.

South Park has been inconsistent throughout its whole history, but the great shows are genuinely great and the fact that Matt and Trey are still there has kept the general standard acceptable. Also, Cartman is the GOAT TV character!