Sound board advice

Hello i want to buy an offboard sound card to plug in my guitar and record shit with reaper and positive grid.

I also want an usb pedal controller which i can use to simulate a wah wah with said interface.

Can you advice me on what to buy

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/slave-beaver-revolt/freud-and-the-terror-train-ii
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm also interested in this, I already own one but it is shit and want a new one

that sapphire is the normal entry level choice. cheap, and does what its supposed to do. if you're just looking to record you gaytar, then just get that one

/thread

how about the pedals, if i want to emulate a wah wah with my computer what kind of hardware should i use?

You should just buy a actual wah pedal.

and theres no situation in which i would want to conect something before the wah?, cause that would seem impossible using that set up

because if all of my effects are computer simulated but my wah, im forced to have my signal go trough the wah first in all cases, is that how its usually done?

It's called an audio interface, and the scarlett is good to start out with. Any expression pedal should work.

Just use a wah plugin

>Any expression pedal should work.
>Just use a wah plugin

whats an expression pedal, is there like a chepa version of it? can i be sure it will work with reaper?

Also, should i buy a wah or a pedal?

Hey, guys, I'm thinking about buying a Shure sm57 microphone to record my electric guitar. But as I don't have any offboard sound card to connect it to my PC, I'm considering buying this xlr-to-usb converter cable (pic related) to do it. Would it work?

It's a usb pedal that can control MIDI, so you can use it to control whatever plugin you want. But I just realized there isn't a stand-alone usb expression pedal that I know of. Usually they plug into a MIDI controller like a keyboard. If you've got a usb keyboard you could probably use an expression pedal to control a wah plugin. Or you could use the keyboard's mod wheel to control it if it has one, or its cc sliders if it's got any.

If you use an actual wah pedal, it would have to be first in the chain if you need to use it live as you play. Alternatively, you could record the guitar without the wah, put on whatever effects you want before the wah, then send the audio out of your interface, into the wah, and then re-record back into the interface. You'd want a re-amp box if you're going to do that, though.

It will "work" but it will sound shitty. It's essentially doing the same thing as the Scarlett 2i2, just badly.

Yeah you can use a expression pedal. If you can find one cheaply though, if it's too expensive you might as well buy an actual wah

Also I mistyped just now when I said it's a "usb cable", because they actually use an audio cable to plug into a keyboard.

soundcloud.com/slave-beaver-revolt/freud-and-the-terror-train-ii

>experimental rock

inb4 "mashing two songs together doesn't count as experimental"

Shiiiiiet, wrong thread. Sorry!

sapphire is good. just don't buy the old gen 2i2 or solo because they clip. the new 2nd gen is fine.

>positive grid.
for the love of god no. it sounds like literal ass. get s-gear and/or amplitube 4

>usb pedal controller
a real wah would sound better but is less versatile. m-audio ex-p could be what you want though

>recording guitar with direct sound
Stop. Mic your amp.

This is terrible advice. Unless you are actually recording an album or something, using plugins is much better. Especially for songwriting as well, you can pull up almost any kind of sound in seconds.

They both have their merits and drawbacks

Wah should always be very early in a signal chain since it overpowers anything put before it, except gain, so it wouldn't matter if you used a wah pedal before the computer or a plug-in.

mic your amp and then connect your mic into direct sound.

Unless you have a very nice amp, a sm57 laying around, and an acoustically treated room, going direct is better.

especially for bass guitar. It's fun to experiment for yourself with micing and amp to learn what kind of sounds you can achieve.