I had surgery for epilepsy last summer

I had surgery for epilepsy last summer
Had my one year follow up today
EEG was normal, no seizures in a year and I can get my drivers license and am applying to university
I have no one else to tell
Feels good guys

good shit user. have a good life bro

Thanks user I'm pretty happy

Google "ketogenic diet for epilepsy" then go sue your doctor for not recommending it before surgery.

>ketogenic diet for epilepsy
This works best for children, and it's not a permanent solution. I also had a tumour on my right temporal lobe

pretty sure this is pasta
timestamp for my blessings
no stamp fuck off faggot

Tumour

This was a couple days after surgery

That's neato burrito op
Way to go.

not a timestamp pasta more pls
also nice date on the fucking pic retard

This has been posted before lmao

>also nice date on the fucking pic retard
July 17 2015
A bit over a year ago

Tell me about the surgery. I too am epileptic and I'm taking a pile of pills and I have a VNS. I haven't had seizures in like 3 years. I've told surgery is an option but I'd have to be awake and there is still a 50 percent chance I'll be pill free.

I'm happy for you though

congrats Sup Forumsroski! have a nice life
have this picture

Congrats man, keep moving forward!

Did you get an ECoG grid or longitudinal electrodes implanted to localize the epileptogenic tissue? I used to do neuroscientific research with data from those things.

I'm Didn't realize it was a tumor. I have Cordcal displazya. A part of my brsin didn't full develop in utero. I was fine most of my life and didn't even realize I was have seizures until I had a gran mal when I was 22.

Want to correspond on email?
Recovery from surgery was at least 6 months but it was worth it
I feel 95% back to normal now
I had pharmaceuticaly retracted epilepsy , mesial temporal sclerosis Right temporal lobe epilepty
I was on lamotrigine for 8 years but I still had simple and complex partial seizures several times a week
I lived a relatively normal life but couldn't drive and took meds

don't tell anyone about it. Niggers will run up and hit you in the head.

Enjoy your new life
Nice hairstyle BTW

Right anterior lobe resection, right hypocampectomy and right amigdalectomy
I had a 2 week EEG a month before surgery to determine where seizures were coming from though

>having a literal question mark carved into your head for the rest of your life
should've just died and cleared the gene pool of your worthless life.

good stuff bro
having brain surgery sucks. hope you can stay away from there now

>didn't even realize I was have seizures until I had a gran mal when I was 22
Did you have partial seizures? That was same with me when I was 17
I had partial seizures for years then a grandmal at 17
I'm 25 now

Cool story bro.
Here have a happy sink cat

Thanks user

Hey op I remember you from a scar thread, can't belive it was a year ago already.
Glad to hear it was successful, and the best of luck to you

stamps only apply to girls on internet,
learn to rules faggot...

I made some threads in hospital last year to keep me busy
Yeah man it's been wild , feeling good now

sorry mister meme lord

Exactly. I just thought they were panic attacks. Then I had one while I was helping unload a ups truck and the carrier asked what my name was and I couldn't answer. He told my boss and that got me to go to the doc. A month later I had the gran mal and got sent to the doc.

How many neurologists have you been though? My first 2 were fucking quacks. My latest is the best

I feel you, brother. I had a tumour. Unfortunately they fucked up my eyesight so bad during surgery that I'll never drive again.

I have a surgery Scar at the same place on my head, but on the left side.
And the Scar is Straight instead of curved.
Had a car accident and they had to take out a Portion of my skull (it cracked, only pieces left, was a car accident in January this year)

cant even interwebs, thinks rules are memes.
They are serious business...

>were panic attacks.
I thought this too

I went through 3 until the third recommended surgery and referred me

I don't wanna feed the troll but it's not genetic you waste of space

I lost 20% of vision in my left eye which wasn't enough to prevent me from driving
Not driving was the worst part of this whole ordeal for me
I got diagnosed as soon as I got my license at 17

Congrats man.

congrats bro glad shit's straightening out for you

That sucks, I had my license for a few years and I really miss having it. Still, beats having the headaches caused by a mandarin sized tumour.

Glad for you, user.

Imagine all those people who's lifes were literally over because of shit like that not more than 50 yrs ago. You have conquered something really shitty and I hope you will use this chance you've been given. Hope you will find your happiness and live a great life!

Did you have trouble with short term memory? For me it took a full year for it to recover
I'd often forget what people looked like or if I left a room I couldn't tell you what colour the wall was stuff like that

Enjoy your shitty memory.

Great news user. My cuz has epilepsy and the meds he has to take zombie him out.

Of course, it takes a long time to get back to what can pass as normal. I couldn't really read a book for a few weeks without losing interest, my attention span still hasn't recovered fully. I like to think my memory is better than ever now though, even with the frequent cannabis smoking.

I met some people like that it's shit
I was on one drug that did that and I didn't feel like myself

All the best to you OP

Excelent work lobotomite

Good for you m8. I hope you get well.

Yeah, it's pretty grim. He used to be sharp and funny with the quips, but now he sounds like he's on slow mo. If you're effectively cured now you've beaten a real shitty disease.

Lobotomy is the frontal lobe

Thanks feels good

get well op