Finnish will soon replace English as the lingua franca, so I'm going to give you a free lesson

Finnish will soon replace English as the lingua franca, so I'm going to give you a free lesson.

Useful phrases:
Hi! = Moi!
My name is user. = Minun nimeni on user.
I am ___ years old. = Olen ___ vuotta vanha.
I live in ___. = Asun ___.

Numbers:
0 = Nolla
1 = Yksi
2 = Kaksi
3 = Kolme
4 = Neljä
5 = Viisi
6 = Kuusi
7 = Seitsemän
8 = Kahdeksan
9 = Yhdeksän
10 = Kymmenen
11 = Yksitoista
12 = Kaksitoista
20 = Kaksikymmentä
21 = Kaksikymmentäyksi
100 = Sata

Grammar:
There are no articles.
Prepositions are replaced by cases. There are 16 of them and 15 in official Finnish.
There is no future tense.

Any questions? Are you now fluent in Finnish?

why would english ever be replaced?

Finnish cultural imperialism. We have been infiltrating websites like this to spread our memes. They have become very popular and the next phase of the plan is to start including the Finnish language into the memes. Slowly but surely the world population will subconsciously start learning Finnish and eventually start speaking it without even noticing.

Bumb

Minun nimeni on Minigun.

Siip huup.

That's very good, Minigun.

>Minun nimeni on porkkana (carrot).
>Asun anus.

Is it right?

*Asun anuksessa.
Because there is no preposition indication the location, you have to use a case.

Working as a bartender in UK I met a guy from Sweden whom I spoke to for a while. Cheerful guy who liked talking about countries he has visited, their cultural differences etc. When he spoke fondly of Scandinavia I said to him that I have been to Finland. I will never forget how his cheery smile dropped..and after a pause asked "...Why??"

Swedes are just bitter, because they didn't manage to keep us as a part of their kingdom and completely wipe us out. And they know next to nothing about Finland. They just assume that this place is some barren wasteland. The reality is quite the opposite.
And just to be clear, Finland isn't part of Scandinavia.

Can we please use a language that is not a complete cluster fuck?

what? polishfag here, who would love to go to Finland on a vacation. never been there, i strongly admire them however. great people and great culture - sauna, sisu, Sibelius, Mannerheim, the linux guy, winterwar, great vodka, hatred towards russians. and really beautiful women, great pisa results, levan polka...

What do you mean? Finnish is quite simple and there aren't even that many dialects. If you learn the official Finnish, you can speak to others even if you can't understand the dialects. So that's not so bad.

Thank you! Be sure to not get stuck in Helsinki. It's not necessarily a good representation of Finland.

I agree with you, I love the culture and the people. I have great resect for how they run their education system as well as their driving ability.

Does it have irregular any things?

No buddy, it would be far easier learning Latin! The only thing that is simple is the pronunciation

Kind of hard to say really.

For some reason foreigners don't often learn to pronounce but all in all Finnish isn't that hard.

The way letters are pronounced are the same as in my language and I found it easy to adapt to the word stress difference and that little halt you do on the consonants. Like 'kelo' vs 'kello'
Those are the only easy parts. I abandoned hope after that.

What went wrong? What's your native language?

So it does, next language.
I'm tired of all those little extra rules and exceptions that don't make any sense. Not to mention the whole fiasco with the pronunciation.
> we write it that way
> but say it this way, isn't that fun and exciting
No it's convoluting and stupid get your head out of your ass.

OP, tell me how to say "Hello, white hamburger cunt/ pussy"

Minulla on hampurilainen perseessä

I guess a few irregularities but it's often hard to tell, which words are regular and which ones are irregular.

Everything is pronounced as it's written and vice versa but we pronounce the alphabet differently than in English and there are also three extra letters: Ŋ, Ä and Ö. Ŋ isn't officially in the alphabet but it's used in the spoken language. I think there could/should be even more special letters but I haven't figured out yet, what they should be. Some things just look wrong, if they are written on paper.

Something like " Terve, valkoinen hampurilaisvittu." but don't quote me on that.

Mitä vittua mee takas laudalle

So, it has come to this. I will never submit to you Samii filth!

Mene itse. Vieläkään en käsitä, miksi täällä on niin monta suomalaisuutta vihaavaa suomalaista.

We are not Samis.

No.... That can't be it... Shouldn't it be something "vitto" or "pimppi"

Its slang

Yeah, That sounds about right. Learned it from a friend who could speak Suomi many years ago.

Most excellent! Finnish is spreading.

"Vitto"/ "Vittu" and "pimppi" is slang?

Finnish is awesome!
But I'm a Norfag, so it's not that far. I know people up north who go to Finland for cheap alcohol

No, is just slang way to say it

Mikko Koivu has a giant cock.

I see. Thaks, bro

No problem

You have native speakers there as well. I'm sure you've heard of Kven language.

Checked.

Why does he always look so unhappy then?

Also. Why do Finns kill themselves constantly?

That's only a myth.

Oh, right. The "Forest Finns"? Heard of them.

Nope. It's just the scrotum to Sweden's dangling dick.

And it's filled with the worst Slavs. The inhuman scum that Sweden doesn't want and Russia wouldn't take.

The only way Finland would have cultural imperialism is if suddenly all other countries decided reindeer-fucking was the best thing ever.

And your women are fucking hideous.

Because they live in fucking Finland.