ITT: Baby's first album in a genre

ITT: Baby's first album in a genre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdXqGsXg5SQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thats not Filth

thats not Buy

Swans are not No Wave. Nor are Sonic Youth. Nor is Glenn Branca's solo work.

Black metal: Burzum - Filoselm
Dungeon Synth: Depressive Silence

Great album too

s/t and roman candle are better anyway

thats really the only album in the genre anyone actually likes

That just reduces it to Teenage jesus, DNA, Mars and Contortions and thats no fun now is it?

Granted if you broaden it to the stylistically similar bands that followed immediately after its not like there's heaps to choose from.

ok almighty genre decider

"coz i said so"

All of them are from the same scene and were doing something similar, the difference is that they didn't dissolve like Teenage Jesus, DNA and changed the course of their careers

Ya they are gay faggot

Probably Another timewaster and attentionseeker, it's astonishing and miserable the amount of these things on Sup Forums.

Well you surely know more than everyone else

Self Titled is his best, I think Either/Or is better than Roman Candle tho

There are very little no wave albums start with

XO and Figure 8 are best

end this meme

both were part of the original scene. swans s/t is full on no wave, and they retained aspects of the musical style up until greed/holy money-era. sonic youth were no wave too up until bmr at least for the same reasons. i agree that branca's symphonies are not though.

XO > Elliott Smith = Roman Candle > FABOTH > Either/Or = New Moon > Figure 8

Figure 8 sounds too homogeneous for its own good and is by and large awesome but has some of his worst songs by a p huge margin
XO is where he had the resources to make the arrangements he wanted but kept it interesting so that they didn't all sound the same and also every song is a 10/10 except for maybe Amity

they literally hung out with the same people at the same venues.

Now its this

youtube.com/watch?v=sdXqGsXg5SQ

Though this is actually good compared to Pulse Demon.

Are you actually retarded or just trying to bait? Obviously No New York would be the first since it's the only reason that one was even released

I don't get how every slightly experimental thing on youtube links to this now

Figure 8 doesn't deserve to be last. It had his worst songs, yeah, but it also had some of his best

>That chilling bell ring on Junk Bond Trader
>Everything Means Nothing to Me

Yeah but it's got his highest ratio of bad songs to great songs
If anything it's not really a statement on Figure 8 being bad it's just the others being god-tier

baby's first, but also shoegazing's magnum opus.

Never even heard that album though. DNA was my first after listening to Swans

yeah definitely, still a nice album though

what genre? indie folk? indie pop? indie rock?

unfortunately

But that's because you're retarded, any one who actually gets into No Wave historically, all started with No New York...most other No Wave albums are only no wave in location and not sound or in the case of the album you posted, just a compilation and not a proper album

I'd honestly say Sunn O))) Monoliths and Dimensions is more typical babbys first drone metal but yeah this one works too.

Totally off the mark on Figure 8...some of his greatest, most beautiful material is here. Indie snobs just love to shit on it because it wasnt released on kill rock stars and he finally had the means to make a record with lush arrangements, grand orchestration and superior production. The songs are just as personal as his early work perhaps moreso.

It has nothing to do with how personal it is or the fact that it wasn't on KRS, it has everything to do with the fact that the arrangements are by and large too similar and that the songs just aren't as good. There are a few that are pretty underrated (Colorbars) but Better Be Quiet Now, Easy Way Out, Somebody That I Used To Know and especially the goddamn closer are weak.

If I just wanted to trash it because it was on a bigger label or because he used bigger arrangements I sure as shit wouldn't have put XO at the top of the list