What do you think about this masterpiece?

what do you think about this masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1v_5U8zxPyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there's a lot of bands that... i think if listen them now i won't be able to tell of what era they come from and about those bands think that's really magical and timeless but it's bullshit

>it's an alt-right thread

So boring

Did you hear his new album that he leaked this week? It was supposed to come out last month but got pushed to February.

I started listening to him via this album

Where do I go to next? The more depressing the better

Assuming you haven't already listened to his band, Porcupine Tree, try In Absentia and then Fear of a Blank Planet.

In Absentia has a song called Heartattack in a Layby, which you should find suitably depressing.

I'm familiar with his band. I'm want more of his solo stuff.

steven wilson depresing tracklist
1-the raven that refused to sing (from s/t album)

no, where can I find it?

Great album, I didn't like it much at first, but it has grown on me now
I also don't get what this board has against him.

What album?

Grace for Drowing (his best imo) > Insurgentes > the Raven

Are you talking about the new Blackfield album?

SAUCE!!

Yeah Blackfield V

I just listened to it on youtube

> youtu.be/1v_5U8zxPyU
> search for it, the first or second song has the line "no it's not a shame to be a family man"

Literally dad-rock.

>blocked in my country
Fuck

bump

I prefer Raven. Love the classic prog rock feel

Honestly nothing I've heard of Steven Wilson has disappointed but at the same time I've never been blown away.

What are your "blown away" Steven Wilson recs?

>that second section and climax of Anesthetize
>the guitar solos on Radioactive Toy, TSMS 1, Waiting and Dark Matter
>when the heavy part in Arriving Somehwere and Russia on Ice hits
>the ending of Collapse the Light and Lazarus

I'll give you my list of SW's songs that I've rated with 5 stars. In no specific order

> Radiocative Toy
> Nine Cats [five stars plus plus plus]
> Not Beautiful Anymore
> The Sky Moves Sideways (phase one)
> The Moon Touches Your Shoulder
> Stars Die
> Signify
> Waiting (Phase One)
> Waiting (Phase Two)
> Dark Matter
> Even Less
> Pure Narcotic
> Stranger By The Minute
> Tinto Brass
> Stop Swimming
> The whole Lightbulb Sun except for tracks 2 & 3
> Buying New Soul
> Cure for Optimism
> Blackest Eyes
> Wedding Nails
> Prodigal
> Heartattack In A Layby
> Orchidia
> Mother and Child Divided
> Voyage 34: Phase II
> From Deadwing tracks 1 through 5
> The whole FOABP extended edition, with special focus on Nil Recurring, Normal & Sentimental
> I Drive the Hearse
> Flicker
> Harmony Korine
> Veneno para las Hadas
> Significant Other
> Only Child
> Collecting Space
> No Part of Me
> Postcard
> Raider II
> Luminol
> Drive Home [five stars plus plus plus]
> The Raven that Refused to Sing
> Routine [Go watch the video, it is lovely]
> The triad of: Transience, Ancestral and Happy Returns is one of my favorite moments in contemporary Music (from 00's to date).
> Vermillioncore

>/sellout/core

give up on him and move on to other kscope kino like gazpacho

Go to bed Ghos

>his new album
you almost got me for a sec

It's cool for classic prog worship. He is admittedly a great songwriter even when the style is utterly generic. Home Invasion and Ancestral are highlights. The band is also ridiculously good live, and the movie thing is nice, too. There was a lot of Pink Floyd on this, and a lot of King Crimson on the previous album. I preferred him delving into jazz fusion and post-punk on the first two solo albuns.

My favourite SW/PT era will always be the space rock 90s, and in particular Signify is an album I don't think he'll ever match. The atmosphere, the krautrock influence, the catchy melodies, it's a perfect middle ground for the sounds he covered in his career, pretty heavy at times, too. The metallic era is decent, occasionally really cheesy, but still good. I'm glad his solo work hasn't covered that ground, because it did feel like he was throwing in butt-metal riffs at every opportunity towards the end of PT.

One thing I love about HCE and all Wilson's work is the production. He took a lot of cues from Trent Reznor and (electronic) Radiohead in the 00s. Ironic considering a lot of his fans are pleb rockists who turn their nose up at anything not guitar-based (and even then a lot outside of the prog genre). He also seems to talk about hip hop influence a lot.

>not liking Trains

I wouldn't call Signify his best work even though it has arguably his best song ever which is Dark Matter.