War movies

Hey guys, do you know some movies about the US Marine Corps, Navy SEALs or the US Army. Movies like "American Sniper" "Act of valvor" or "Lone Survivor" etc.? Thanks in advance.

American Sniper.

user... plz

Act of Valvor.

Jarhead

And act of valvor. and now stop it. it's a serious question

Lone Survivor.

Sniper: Special Ops

>act of valvoline

Black Hawk Down

Tears of the Sun

stolen valor

i just watched the trailer and it looks bad

american sniper

All of those movies are bad.

Just watch Band of Brothers, Generation Kill, and Black Hawk Down.

you're a fucking pleb

BlackHawk down and Jarhead are the best

Why you list 3 shit movies OP?

It isn't so much a movie but rather an HBO miniseries: Generation Kill. I highly recommend watching this series, as it's based on the real life exploits of United States Marines from the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion during the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

cuz i like them.

Shit taste m8

looks good.

Watch the last 30 minutez of this and you can watch SEALs theatrically kill Bin Laden.

Than tell me some good movies m8

seeAlso Jarhead
Also *then

i already know jarhead

I'm not sure if you saw this last year user, but I enjoyed it. If you can get over the "muh stronk woman fbi swat operator" character than you're in for a wild ride. It's not specifically about the military, but it does feature units such as SAD/SOG and CAG. Benicio Del Torro fucking rocked this film.

seeand

> wild ride
> literally 2 operating scenes that are good
> del toro le lone gunman so epik

Into the trash

Full Metal Jacket, Saving Private Ryan, The Platoon.

The tension alone was enough to make those two scenes worth the price of admission. That's what saved it from the trash for me.

>stronk womyn

Did you even watch the movie? She did nothing remarkable, she was out of her depth, inferior to every single male spec. Op in gunplay, physically and was used solely as a political loophole.

OP here. i just found the trailer of "The Hornet's Nest" on Youtube and it looks not that bad. It's a war documentary

True enough, but it was still trying to portray her as the stalwart by making her the motarded "by the books, we must follow procedure!" character type, which didn't fail to get on my nerves.

>female character being portrayed with any positive qualities triggers user

why am i surprised

Delta Force
Generation Kill
Platoon
Black Hawk Down

Well she was a bad character. Her own desire t to follow a black and white moral code of what she thought was proper law enforcement almost led to her own demise, had it not been for Del Toro's intervention.

good one. is on my list user

Can't wait for Sicario 2 !!!

if you liked Lone Survivor,you'll like Shooter.
Also try Green Zone,Behind enemy Lines,The Kingdom,The Raid 1 & 2.

But if you want content that uses tactics & strategy,especially in urban warfare, watch TV series like Burn Notice,Person of Interest,Strike Back,Ultimate Force.

She was an idiot, though

that's literally the entire point of the movie

when your lead protagonist's actions encapsulate the central argument of your film that's called good writing

>Wanting movies about the retards that are SEALS

>gets tricked into some black op illegal shit
>hurr she doesn't fall in line with this way of working, what an idiot XD

She represented a noob's POV for noobs like you.
it'll become a kino 2deep4me without her,just like Traffic (2000)

Atleast she had nerves & that is more than what you have

i like shooter. it's a great movie. i check the rest on youtube later. thank you user

If we're including Documentaries, then Battle For Marjah is great too.

OP here: ok, i have enough. Thank you very much guys!

13 Hours. I know it's Michael Bay, but it's actually the best modern military movie since Black Hawk Down.

Watch Bagdad ER and "Wounded" from BBC to see how you can get fucked up in a pointless war

It isn't out yet and good luck finding it in a theater.

We Were Soldiers is good. Even the parts with the wives getting their telegrams as their husbands drop one by one is good.