What is the proper way to prepare a steak?

What is the proper way to prepare a steak?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4
youtu.be/amKyA2PrSu4
youtube.com/watch?v=lCc8IEvh70w
youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you disgust me you sick fuck. You ruining /b

Depends on how you want to make it OP. This is a very subjective question. I personally like mine rare - medium rare. Are you asking about marinade or actual dishes?

Microwave for 20 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

You don't prepare it. You should eat it like any other sensible human being should. Breathing.

Take a bit off the live cattle.

Anything below medium rare is for niggers who can't get their spear chucking DNA to leave their bodies, so they used to eating raw meat.

if you can't hear moo anymore it is ready to eat

enjoy your tapeworm

Medium Rare - Medium

Rare and below are for closet manlets who are constantly trying to prove their masculinity.

Anything about Medium is ruined shoe leather. Just order the damn chicken if you're going to be a faggot

srsly, what wrong with well done?

youtu.be/amKyA2PrSu4

Because Medium well is all you need, beyond that, you are just wasting your money. Go chew on an old big Mac if you want nastyness.

Steak meat should be juicy, tender, and be marbled with roast fat. When you cook it well done you melt all the fat off losing a shit ton of flavor and you end up with a brick of tough meat.

>all you need
you won't telling me how I am going to enjoy my steak, you fucking communist prick

I bet you put barbecue sauce on your steak faggot

But eating less fat is good though. If I go to a place where I can get freshly prepared meat by the pound I always ask them to trim the fat, because im not a fat fuck who stuffs his face all the time.

People eating anywhere among rare are eating their steaks raw, so they belongs to zoo rather than civilized society.

Best way get a steak about an inch thick cook on grill place it down at 10 o clock for 2 mins then put it to 2 o clock for 2 mins flip it over still at 2 for 2 mins put it back to 10 for 2 mins and you got you a dank ass grill lined sexy steak

Spoken like a redneck, can I join in on your cousin fucking party? Or is it family only?

Hating any steak that isn't prepared Medium Rare or, less commonly, Rare, is a meme. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your steak however the fuck you happen to like it.

At some point, Dorito-munching faggots on the internet decided they were food experts and that liking well done somehow meant uncultured and/or effeminate. And it spread from there.

I'm a Medium Rare man myself, but I'm not the sort to have a dramatic bitchfit over a Well Done steak. It still tastes good to me.

Medium rare. Pan seared if you don't have a high intensity grill. Amateurs put raw steaks straight onto a regular grill.

Steak ain't right without the A1

>eating less fat is good

I would expect much from someone who probably lives off chips, bread, and sugar. Enjoy your diabeetus

Quit ranting, faggot. We talking about steak here, go back to your trap threads faggot, bringing up efeminiteness, faaaaaaaaaag.

It's named a barbecue sauce for reason, you dumbfuck moron

salt pepper
sous vide.
rare
deep fry
finish with compound butter on top

the only thing you stuff your face with are dicks you fucking faggot, holy shit, that has to be the gayest comment i've ever read.

Eat it raw.

Source : I'm a vegetarian.

47 an have yet to have a tapeworm yet

Well done, with ketchup.

lol, yeah ok, you have fun imagining whatever you want, to justify your sad pathetic existence to make yourself better. But I weigh 150, and my thighs are so buff I can do 1 roundhouse kick and knock your bitch ass out.

You hold take a roundish piece of wood and sharpen it with the knife moving away from you. Duh, feebs.

Light salt. Thoroughly cook on both sides until completely brown in the middle (otherwise you're eating raw meat). Serve with ketchup or your favorite steak sauce.

boiling the living shit out of it

Boiling meat...... you must be british, cause you got no fucking clue about taste.

>put on plate
>slather in butter
>deep-fry in butter
>coat it in butter
>get that butter:stake ratio up to 3
>realise that you're french
>go outside in attempt to kill yourself
>on the way there get run over by truck
>somehow still alive
>try to crawl to the nearest bridge
>you see 3 women being raped by sandniggers
>let out a happy sigh, praise the religion of peace and resume crawling
>get shot by abdul
>bleeding the fuck out, praying to god to just die right there
>eventually die because of the stench of your own blood

such is the life of a baguette

This meat looks waay undercooked.

Prime ribeye
cooked medium if other cuts medium rare
Ribeye is best medium because the fat can render down a bit and its even juicier than medium rare.
Salt and pepper but salted 2 hours before cooking
start steak from room temp
Cool on a natural wood charcoal grill

Here is some USDA prime ribeye I cooked a few weeks ago

someone got triggered

i misspelled steak i'm such a fucking tool god just fucking take me already

Well done with milk and jellybeans you fucking pleb

>raw meat
>eating with hands like chimps
USA
S
A

Lol, using "triggered", millennial fag detected.

cooked in milk with raw jelly beans you mean

I personally like my steak medium rare

also let it rest 10 mins or so after cooking

"Not well done" is the correct answer

HI GRAMPS TELL US SOMETHING ON BOMBIN THE SHIT OUT OF JAPS

Unless you like it well done, in which case, well done.

You can most all the memes you want, still doesn't change the fact you are a closeted homosexual.

Gordon Ramsay is a highly awarded professional and he gets violent when food reviewers get well done steaks because they can't properly review it. So professionally speaking, well done is ass.

NotInUsa that s the proper way

Back in the day, we thought It would be a good idea to drop some nukes on Japan, well boy were we wrong, now we got all these traps, weeaboos, and naruto fags. Sounds like we need to finish the job.

Shave it down to a fine point and load into a crossbow so it puts the vampires down easy.

lightly coat with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, rub down with garlic

sous vide to 130°F

heat a cast iron pan to 500°F, throw that bitch on it for 1 minute on each side

you're welcome, bitch

Disgusting waste of trips

Beat with a meat mallet for about five minutes per side to tenderize.

Make a mixture of onion and garlic powders, rub vigorously into the meat.

Pan sear: this should be done @ 350 degrees in a well seasoned cast-iron pan.

Grill over an open flame until done to taste. (rare, med rare, med, med done, done, med well done, well done.)

>When finished give it to your pet because you probably fucked it up and ruined it.

use olive oil.
fresh quality pepper
fresh quality salt
cook until medium rare.
let sit a few minutes
put butter on if desired
/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=lCc8IEvh70w

Level of heresy is overwhelming.
It is only exceeded by how much dick you take in the ass.

>He posted his opinion on steak
>H-he's a faaaag!

Next Level projection there bucko.

bait/10

well done. its literally in the name.

fuck the cavemen.

Then what is the fucking point of having "well done" steak option on the menu in his restaurants?

Would he ranting at me if I would order a coffee with milk in his reastaurant too?
>IDIOT YOU ARE KILLING ALL THE BITTERNESS OF COFFEE WITH THAT MILK IN IT, I CAN EVEN HEAR AS IT SCREAM LIKE JEWISH CHILDREN WHEN GAS WAS BURNING THEIR EYES OUT

Boil it fagget

>complaining about bitter coffee
>purposely ordering a shit burnt, bitter steak

So is bitter bad or good?

i know that microwaving it is for lazy fags who do not deserve steak. You lonely ass mofos

sure is summer in here

Have you ever tried using sunflower oil? I'm from Eastern Europe, so it was like crack growing up. If you weren't using butter, you were using sunflower oil. And want a little mid-day snack? Pour a little sunflower oil in a dish, add salt, and take some legit really dark whole wheat bread, none of this Frenchy baguette faggot bullshit, no Legit European bread, slice it into pieces, and just dip it in the sunflower oil and enjoy.

Gordon Ramsey is an attention whore.

It's true that a lot of the flavour in a steak comes from the slightly marbled fattiness of a Medium Rare steak. But at the end of the day, if someone prefers theirs burnt--who cares? I'd bet 99.99% of the people who make a big deal of it are not 'professionals' at all; they're just people who at some point heard that steak HAS to be done medium rare or it's trash.

Same sort of people who wax lyrical about good wine, but you just know if you decanted some cheap stuff in a fancy bottle, they wouldn't know the difference.

>put milk in coffee to avoid bitterness
>cook more the steak to avoid raw meat inside
which part you can't understand idiot?

he was ranting about bullshit aside from stake though.

I'm a chef, I like Rare.
Your taste buds are your taste buds though, you eat whatever you like however you like. I don't give a fuck I'm still getting paid

been here since 2008, so eat a dick.

Just sear the outside. No bacteria can burrow past the top layer of the meat. Worms or other parasites are extremely uncommon in beef in the U.S. The percentage is incredibly low. I have worked in the beef industry as a butcher for 11 years now, and the best way I found to eat a steak is just after the middle begins to warm. A Prime-grade bone-in ribeye cut closer to the chuckroll with just salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic is perfection.

>What is the proper way to prepare a steak?

Go to /ck/ and lurk

1. Buy decent steak
2. Allow to come to near room temp while you
3. Build a hot charcoal fire in a grill on one side of the grill
4. Rub steak w a little good oil, salt, pepper
5. Onto the clean grill it goes for maybe 3.5 minutes
6. Other side for maybe 3 minutes
7. Move to less hot side of grill for another 2 minutes a side
8. Let the steak REST, cover loosely w foil on a plate and leave it alone for 10 minutes. Important. Let steak recover from the heat.

You have a nicely prepared steak. Enjoy it.

Prepare it however you need to to suit your own tastes.

I prefer a little salt and pepper, medium rare in a super hot pan (no oil).

If you like it well done, swimming in grease, with ketchup on it, then do that.

tartare

Montreal steak seasoning
pan fry in white wine until seared on both sides
>mama mia

>deep fry

Rly? Never heard of that.

Are you kidding me? Where do you get your facts? At the stupid library? You do realize that most of the world doesn't want to even touch US beef because how bad regulations are? Literally go anywhere outside the US and you will have better beef. American beef is just atrocious and disgusting..... and sadly, I still have to eat it because I'm not made of money. If I could get imported beef, I would.

When you put milk in coffee - it's called cappuccino.
When you like your steak well done - YOU ARE RUINING IT, GOD HEAVENS, JEFF

Like, what's the fucking point, someone like this way?

5 truthful sentences constitutes a rant.

>sunflower oil

Sounds amazing. I'll have to see if I can find that here.

I like mine with some seasoning, slow cooked at 250 for about 2hrs.

youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

5 huh? Good to know, you taught me something today.

oh yeah. God tier crust

Good Luck :)

This! Get your cast iron hot hot hot, 30 seconds on each side then grill for 5 mins a side enjoy your locked in juices with some butter on top!

>middle begins to warm

so it is a basically warm, raw meat inside.
This is when you can split the people on the ones that like eating bloody warm raw meat and cooked one.
There's no reason to hate each groups.

Niggers usually like well done, tbh. Its kind of a stereotype in the restaurant industry

Do you know what a flash is?

This - USDA steak is the weakest filth I've ever eaten.

Get your ass to Paris for some chateaubriand.

It's terrible in the industry as a whole, but there still aren't any parasites in the meat. Not only that but we have a fair amount of smaller farms in the U.S. that produce delicious cattle. I get my facts from working in the industry.

Really? What state? Because I've worked in the service industry, on the west coast, and it's rare here. Knew a guy who would cook it just until the outside was done. It would be like super red in the middle. Disgusting.

Good steaks don't need anything more than salt and pepper.