ITT: Your favorite unaccessible album

>Tfw Bird Seed is unironically one of my favorite album of all time

this is just some faggot shouting

i get u user.

mine would probably be the body & full of hell's collab.

Or anything by Amenra, but that might be considered accessible.

your favorite album is probably just some faggot singing
what's your point

nigga that album is accessible af, just search for it on Soulseek

>unaccessible
>power electronics
pick one

>meme you are

There's no possible way I could narrow down a term so broad as "inaccessible" to one single album, so I'm gonna make a couple posts on here, since I think it's a neat thread. I think I'll do one or two more.

I don't think people really understand how important this album in terms of progressing rock/metal music as a whole. On the surface, it appears to be a quirky album that puts an interesting spin on, and possibly even parodies, contemporary black metal music and its infamous ideologies and aesthetic. These allegations are probably all right. If you honestly approach this project musically, it borrows inspiration from a multitude of other genres and styles, such as math rock, jazz, black metal (obviously), and classical. All of these influences fuse together into an extremely intricate piece of rock music that is very unique.

When I say the word "intricate", it's not in the same context of how modern prog/math metal artists would describe their music. It's very intricate in how the musicians in the band organize their compositions and build off of one another constantly. When you listen to some of the longer tracks here, after a while you get a sense of how impeccably in-sync the band members are. This is something you don't typically experience in most rock music. As the songs swell and crescendo, the guitar leads and chords defy tempo and become more intense, which is extremely surprising because the production doesn't utilize typical methods of achieving this effect (reverb, vigorously detailed track layering). It's just the fucking band. And the band is throwing you on a fucking thrill ride of energy using nothing but their instruments, and very little production tricks. At certain points on this record, moments are so bewilderingly intense, it can be misinterpreted as just plain silliness. I kind of get that, but this album is still like an 8.5/10 for me.

kek, p4k drone btfo

It's pretty accessible for noise and power electronics. It's one of my favorites to though.

I'm listening to Amenra right now for the first time as it happens and it's definitely accessible, it's just a less varied Neurosis, I like it though

Having seen both live, i pick Amenra over Neurosis. Check out Nowena and Boden spijt by them. I love those whispers.

It's accessible on here, but shove it in a normie's face and see if it's accessible then.

>the last guy to give this a 4.5 on RYM, gave Tears for Fears a 4.5 two days earlier
Makes sense

the most anti-normie album i listen to enough to call it a favorite

Oh it's definitely very good stuff and certainly better than the weaker Neurosis records, I just think this accessibility bullshit doesn't make sense because everything can be regarded as accessible or inaccessible depending on who is listening to it

unaccessable is not a word

The Body is just fucking weird. There's no way I can really describe this artist the same way I did with Liturgy, because while Liturgy has a strong emphasis on carefully orchestrated rock, The Body goes for a much more straightforward philosophy—disturbing doom music, by any means necessary. I wouldn't say this record is as unique as Aesthethica, but it's just as weird. Chip King, the vocalist, delivers vocals that sound ridiculous and unfitting at first, but the more you listen, the more you realize that this odd vocal style complements the music very well. He abandons the screeches and growls than you've come to know in metal in favor of this high-pitched yell that is simply uncomfortable. To balance out the yells, the guitars are repetitive, tuned lower than the bottom of the fucking ocean, and fuzzy. Listening to records by this band is a lot like watching all of your loved ones be tortured to death in a prison. This one in particular mixes horror and dread pretty effectively, collaborating with renowned dark ambient artist The Haxan Cloak.

I'll admit though, this album carries an unfortunately large amount of downsides. Namely, the repetition can reach a point where it's almost annoying, and the general sound of the record is fairly one-dimensional. 7/10

this. it's so completely unaccessible to heterosexual males it's almost impossible to listen, but it's bretty gud.

Enjoyed reading these a lot. It's nice when someone on this board actually tries to explain their opinions instead of going "this is shit, that is good". Agree on Aesthetica. It's interesting how they barely use distortion for most of the album, yet still come out with fairly heavy stuff.

I don't know how to classify "inacessible" but it's probably this

I'm assuming most of you have heard this one, so I won't say as much about it. Put simply, the song structures and instrumentation create this carefully-orchestrated mess of a project that is about as far out-there as you can get. Jamie Stewart's theatrical, over the top vocal performances create an atmosphere that is extremely personal and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, the songs become far less memorable as a result of its constant boundary-pushing experimentation, and at points it's hard not to feel like the whole album is so odd it's almost a gimmick. There are moments, however, that are oddly emotive despite how challenging they are. 7/10 for this one too

There ya go. 3 mini-reviews for some of my favorite "accessible" albums

Not sure how inaccessible this album is, but I unironically like it.

Thanks man, I love doing this kind of stuff.

also my favourite album.

Good Morning Good Night
Took me several years to get into

Really beautiful drone-raga-folk

nice review, you should write for pitchfork fag

I had to unfriend a shitton of people on RYM, because of this shit & now you are shilling it on Sup Forums? Fuck off.

I wouldn't say it's too inaccessible, but compared to the rest of their discography it certainly is.

thats a good one, i think this album did it a little better maybe

It's shit like grindcore.

grindcore is shit in a cool way though

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

Coming back to this thread. I'dd probably add a lot of no-wave records too... DNA, the Contortions, the works. Do you guys like no-wave?

No wave is baby music.

>implying Wriggle Like A Fucking Eel isn't practically pop

>inaccessible
it's beautiful folk you could literally play it on top 40 radio and people would love it and think it's soooo deep lmao