The Last Face reviews: Sean Penn film ripped by critics at Cannes

>Full reviews of the film were published by Variety, The Wrap, and The Guardian, while many other reactions were posted to social media. Buzzfeed’s Alison Willmore called it “a transcendently bad movie, while Indiewire’s Eric Kohn tweeted Jean Reno had “the worst of the godawful dialogue.”
>Starring Javier Bardem and Charlize Theron (who is also Penn’s ex), The Last Face tells the story of two people who try to keep their romance alive while aiding war-torn Liberia.
>“The Last Face is Sean Penn’s version of an Angelina Jolie movie,” Variety’s Owen Glieberman writes, “It keeps advertising its compassion, yet it’s really a drama about two beautiful movie stars trying to save the world. Who, after all, can’t identify with that?” The Wrap’s Ben Croll notes Penn intended the film to be “a call to action” regarding, in a broad sense, “the plight of refugees worldwide,” but explains the film “misfires on every front.”
ew.com/article/2016/05/20/last-face-reviews-sean-penn-cannes-film-festival

Sean Penn on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=163cNwQPHoI
rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-says-sean-penn-didnt-assault-her-in-court-document-20151217
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he shouldve used the memes :0)

Kinda like when Sean Penn ripped Madonna's face

Did cartel not get him yet?

eh, i'll still watch it. i dig his movies just not his everything fucking else. i can separate his work from his persona, though, and his films are usually pretty good.

I fucking hate Sean Penn as a human being so much

Rapefugees BTFO

this

I don't like Sean Penn anyway, but for whom are these "first-world Whites trying to find love in horrible, third-world environments" dramas made?

Sean Penn deserves everything bad that could possibly happen to him.

wish one of El Chapo's guys would tie him to a chair and beat the shit out of him just like he did to Madonna

lmao I worked on this.
bad idea to premiere at cannes, my guys

Cannes doesn't like pretentious film stars?

Yeah but most of all, they don't like bad movies
I heard the crowd was booing within the first 10 minutes.

Rich white liberals.

hilarious that we are allowed to talk only about certain movies that played Cannes

SPICOLI!

I like how all the hyped releases at Cannes are bombing this year. (Refn, Dolan, Dardenne, Penn)
Last year, Gus van Hack was the only guy to get a bad reaction.

Dont worry, he'll likely get killed by the cartels.

And Madonna

sounds like every movie is getting a bad reaction at cannes

edgy faggots

That's because Sup Forums talks only about those movies. Toni Erdmann, Sieranevada, Paterson and Aquarius got really good reviews.

Good. Fuck that pompous ass.

Why?

This. He's the one actor that I cannot differentiate his life from his movies. I won't watch a movie with him in it, I can't support anyone who gives that bag of dicks any money.

anyone knows the song in trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=163cNwQPHoI

They booed based Refn?

fuckin plebs

>“The Last Face is Sean Penn’s version of an Angelina Jolie movie,”

Fucking BRUTAL

I hope this meme continues.

I don't keep up with shitty celebrities.

What has Sean Penn done that is so shitty?

>all his movies get terrible reviews
>universally considered to be a bad person
>going to get fucking killed by the cartels
How does someone fuck up this badly? Could it all be some kind of performance art?

That forehead

Kant biopic when?

Tried to make a movie of a cartel leader that paints him in a positive light.

His interaction gets the Cartel leader caught.

Listening to his press conference he sounded like he's suffering from years of alcohol abuse. Maybe it was just him trying to be eloquent but either way it was hard to listen to.

how is Refn bombing? two people booed while others applauded. it's getting mixed reviews, mate. now Dolan and Penn fucking bombed for sure.

Did he go full retard again?

Sean Penn is a faggot

Mystic River was okay.

he's always given half-assed interviews. watch the one he gave charlie rose on 60 Minutes. really cringe-worthy stuff and i'm a fan of his. his acting and humanitarian efforts, not his personality or politics.

>all his movies get terrible reviews
Whether they are good or not is debatable but they don't get bad reviews. By "his movies", I assume you just mean movies that he directed, rather than everything he's acted in.

But even then, movies like Into the Wild, The Pledge and The Indian Runner (all of which were directed by him) did get some pretty fucking positive reviews, so I think you're overstating that a little bit.

that was just Mexican govt pr. they had El Chapo in their sights already when they saw Penn and the other lady meet up with him.

now, the interview/article for Rolling Stone Penn wrote was really lousy, pandering shit.

>Sean Penn, a well received celebrity known for his stance liberal issues, he has spend the years travelling the world to denounce the country that made him rich and famous. this is classic dis information, What exactly is penn trying to cover up? Madonna.
>After he got good and drunk (again), at night, Penn scaled the wall surrounding the Malibu house and found Madonna alone in the master bedroom.
>the two began to quarrel. Penn told her he owned her ‘lock, stock and barrel’.
>When she told him she was leaving the house, he tried to bind her hands with an electric lamp and cord. Screaming and afraid, Madonna fled from the bedroom. What followed was a nine-hour ordeal which left her deeply shaken.
>Penn chased her into the living room, caught her and bound her to a chair with heavy twine. Then he threatened to cut off her hair.
>According to the police report, Penn was ‘drinking liquor straight from the bottle’ and the abuse went on for several hours, during which time he smacked and roughed up his victim.
>Penn went out to buy more alcohol, leaving Madonna bound and gagged. Some hours later, he returned and continued his attacks.
>Madonna said that he untied her after she agreed to perform a degrading sex act on him. She then fled the house and ran to her car.
>Penn ran after her and was banging on the windows of her Thunderbird while she spoke to police on her mobile phone. Fifteen minutes later, she staggered into the sheriff’s office.
>Years prior to this, In June 1987, Madonna went to the Cedars Sinai hospital for an X-ray after Penn apparently hit her across the head with a baseball bat.

quite the opposite, mate. most of his movies get positive reviews. hate the guy all you want but don't revise history.

>Madonna and Penn have both repeatedly denied that any of this actually happened

He sues people for bringing this up now. He sued that nignog from Empire

yeah, they've both denied that story where he's accused of tying her to a chair and beating her with a baseball bat ever happened. however, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, right?

proof:

>"Sean has never struck me, 'tied me up,' or physically assaulted me," singer declares

>rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-says-sean-penn-didnt-assault-her-in-court-document-20151217

calm down sean we know you got your lawyers to settle everything on paper and to legitimize it all. "it never happened", "what ever happened, right?"

lol. that's not the way it works, little boy.

>forcing your wife to deny that you're an asshole
Madonna is beta as shit