ITT: Albums that absolutely changed your music tastes

the seer
the money store
those two were pretty much what opened the doors for me to enjoy other styles of music used to be a strictly hip hop guy

Went from Jeezy and Gucci to Bonobo and Gold Panda after I heard this on acid

couldn't really appreciate Pet Sounds until this one clicked either

obligatory

could you explain what's so absolutely amazing about Spiderland? i've listened to it a couple times and it just completely goes over my head.

Breadcrumb Trail is a great song, but after that I pretty much lose interest. i really wanna like this album but i just don't get it.

Helped me unironically find God

I wanted to like these guys but the little boy going "one?" for like the whole album completely ruined it for me

I'm retarded that's a different noise rock band, I can't remember their name

I love lightning bolt, have another bump

Life altering

You have to hate yourself, and everyone else, to really understand this album.

well, i'm slowly getting there. maybe one day it'll click

Disgusting

Isn't there a fedora general you can post in?

fedora would be the opposite, redditor

Same except for me it was Exmilitary and To be Kind

You don't want to. It's not the kind of depressing that makes you tear up and feel sad cathartically. It's the kind of depression where you're empty of anything but hate. I feel like this album could make murderers unironically out of the people who it really clicks with.

I guess everyone has their own take on it so this is just mine

One of the things I really like about it is the subtle complexity. The music doesn't appear to be as complex as it is, but once you really start listening you can hear/find something different each time. A change you didn't notice. How the bass weaves in and out of riffs. How the drums seem as more of a lead instrument than a time keeping device.

All of these carefully laid out ideas brought together to then impose this dark, "spidery" atmosphere.

I don't know thats just me

It's best experienced driving down dark and winding roads at night in autumn.

I was a metalhead until I listened to ITAOTS. Not even memeing. Also, Bob Dylan.

the only thing I really listened to was rock and metal until I listened to good kid m.a.a.d city

WHERE YOU FROM NIGGA

like i said, i'm slowing getting there. not actively choosing to, it's just kind of happening.

yea, i remember hearing that the drummer wrote all of the parts, which makes sense because you can even hear it in the recording. the drums are recorded beautifully and the guitars sound like shite.

maybe i'll give it a go next year or sometime soon at 2am

I fucking hate admitting this.

Eminem is the first rapper I got into and if it weren't for him and his song 'Stan' I may have never gotten into hip hop....

(I no longer listen to him but Stan is still a very good song)

Not even kidding
Completely changed everything

How is it disgusting?

My fucking man, song cycle has to be in my top 5 albums.

great album

pic related made me get into ethereal wave and finally understand dream pop

Witchcult Today for sure.