ITT: Performances so good that you can't recognize the actor

ITT: Performances so good that you can't recognize the actor

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzMDGYKLSzk
youtube.com/watch?v=CDJ8ocSN5GE
youtube.com/watch?v=Gh7Vlbck330
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not as a kid atleast

You can't recognise him m8 because he's wearing make up and prosthetics.

>not Oldman as Mason Verger

I like Jake Gyllenhaal too.

I wouldn't call a prosthetic mask a performance.

Don't get me wronged, I loved him as Verger but anyone could do that voice.

meh, I guess you're gonna like it if you're 12 or something.

this one's great, zod was the shit

You're posting another picture of him wearing prosthetics?

The bottom half of his face is completely altered.

youtube.com/watch?v=mzMDGYKLSzk

Are you telling me if Danny Devito was wearing makeup you couldn't tell who it was?

I can see Ledger but his performance WAS good enough for me to completely forget who I was watching.

Besides you both forgot best Oldman.

youtube.com/watch?v=CDJ8ocSN5GE

Excellent choice

How the fuck did they manage this?

so what faggot? Lots of other movies have actors with prosthetics and you can still easily recognize the them. Even Ledger's voice as the Joker sounded nothing like him.

Such a great actor.

This.

I can't recognise this guy in any role he's in. He always seems like someone completely different.

Is Snowpiercer good?

get back motherfucker ya don't know me like that

not very deep or thoughtful but i found it really entertaining with some pretty good acting.

It's okay.
It's definitely some normie tier stuff, but the premise is interesting and the sets are good

Ledger's literally the best actor of all time

this lead farmer too

ah okay. sounds like a perfect 2AM flick for me.

Literal meme performance.

I saw Snowpiercer at this event where you ride a train and then watch the movie on a giant screen in a field. The entire time the organizers were referring to Chris Evans as "Captain America". Even the director did this, who was taking questions after the film.

Fucking normies

from RDJ's Twitter

best penguin ever

Facebook*
I don't use either

Why was Penguin so horny in that movie? Surprised he isn't the role model for Sup Forums and Sup Forums that every user aspired to be.

>Lots of other movies have actors with prosthetics and you can still easily recognize the them.

Because their prosthetics weren't as good as Ledger's. He's caked in makeup for 99% of the movie. That's why he's "unrecognisable".

>tfw tinker tailor had the scene of the xmas party
>tfw even spies have boozy xmas parties where simmering sexual tensions explode into a quickie in the stock room
>tfw being a spy is just a different kind of office job

working an office job in the uk is an ambivalent kind of suffering.

Cry more.

hahahahahaha no

didn't know he had multiple roles until i looked it up

Heath Ledger Joker is nigger tier. Only plebs like it.

Pic related is the better performance (and better prosthetic work)

>inb4 he played himself

I'm not crying lad. You're the one dishing out the insults.

Jurassic World was a poor role for him.

cry harder summerfriend

You know it's true

That is a large man.

2 W

Oh fuck me. I feel like an idiot.

Pretty much every role he plays.

he always plays the fat obnoxious prick in everything he's in

really? you didn't recognize in Nine or Gangs of New York or TWBB or My Left Foot or the last of the mohicans?

I mean, this is essentially a Gary Oldman thread.

he's plenty recognizable in a bunch of those.

this tbqh

It's mindboggling that this is also the guy from Show me a Hero and star wars man and the king from robin hood.

This.

I completely forget who the fuck he is and enjoy his characters every time.

dudes a fucking chameleon

he was so overrated in Leon

Who is this?

>""ironic"" blackface
no way this shit would fly in 2016

are you guys kidding?

I hate Matthew Broderick. I love Ferris Bueller.

Who the fuck cares? Do you feel special every time you point that out? Keep your fucking mouth shut if you have nothing worth saying, you cunt.

Brendan Gleeson?

Conversely, an actor who's makeup is so thick, but his performance is so indicative of him that you know who he was even if you didn't know he was in the cast... (My reaction when I saw Davy Jones..knew it was Bill Nighy right away and I never knew he was in the cast prior to seeing the movie).

Are you kidding?

wildly disagree.

But, to each their own. Far be it from me to disparage someone else's opinion.

wew lad

his best work

No... it's pic related.. Twice academy nominated Tom Wilkinson...

no

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=Gh7Vlbck330

>knew it was Bill Nighy right away and I never knew he was in the cast prior to seeing the movie
I don't believe you. I still can't believe that's Bill Nighy

General Cornwallis

Brad Pitt in Kalifornia

Tom wilkinson user

it's just that I thought Jean Rino killed it, and then every time the movie's brought up people talk about Oldman's character. So more just overrated comparatively, still love the movie & Oldman

I literally didn't even know who Heat Legend was until I saw that film, so yes, i didn't recognize the actor.

He did though. Not shitting on Nicholson's performance at all, he was genuinely frightening, but pretty much every one of his roles have been that grinning anarchist.

Ledger is a bit different. Look at his career. He has nothing. He has zero identity, zero point, nothing that could point to his construct of an actor, except the joker. Before then, he was legitimately a pretty face.

It's the McConaughey thing. Imagine if he just did TD, alongside his pretty boy roles, and that's it. He died. Car accident, or something else. Exact same case.

why does he look like his face is shopped onto his head

Same here. However I recently watched A Knights Tale and it really put The Joker into perspective

That pretty much sums it up, but be prepared for a totally unsatisfying ending.

Just watched this and couldn't believe it was him.

I knew this guy from Drive but somehow didn't recognize him in Ex Machina.
Maybe it's because of the role though, in Drive he played the bottom scum of society, in Ex Machina he played the richest and most powerful man in the world (arguably).

Gary Oldman.

Came to post this.

Can't bruise the Cruise.

The only actor who can go on screen in an A+ movie and violently parody top movie execs and walk away unscathed.