Why does Sup Forums hate The Revenant? it's great

Why does Sup Forums hate The Revenant? it's great

It was okay
But the best part by far is the early battle scene and it kinda built up expectations for the rest that were never fulfilled

Sup Forums doesn't recognise excellent cinematography when they see it. That's why 50% of this board consists of Game of Shit generals and the other 50% forced memes and spoilers.

its cinematography is like the only thing the film has going for it. its visuals are basically just Avatar but for "cinephiles".

It has a Amazing Atmosphere great visuals good music a good story and good characters

It's "too boring" for people under 18

It had a simple plot and it looked nice.
So people were angry, because only complex and 2deep4me movies can look nice.

This

It had style, but that's it

Full of retarded af mistakes too that I can't understand how any competent director would miss

Leo was garbage

damn that christmas was perfect, i downloaded all the leaks, few nights of just drinking, eating at christmas, smoking and watching this, hateful eight, bone tomahawk etc.

What the hell was Matt Hardy talking about in the woods when he said his relitive saw Jesus as a beaver or some shit and shot it.

He portrayed the crazy mountain man pretty well

banefully accurate

>Tarantino

2deep4u

>mfw tree niggers

>plebs see entry level cinematography and think that makes a great film
It wasn't excellent by any stretch of imagination

s'good

>entry level = bad
Sven Nykvist is entry level. Are you gonna say he's bad? Or are you a hypocritical embryo?

Nice strawman faggot, I said it wasn't excellent and it doesn't make a great film

Go fuck yourself

If I wanted to watch a good film about a broken man's journey for revenge after the killing of his family then I'd rewatch Gladiator.

Do you throw an autistic fit every time you get exposed? Please get a trip.

pelts

Wew, nicely played autism card

I see I'm dealing with an expert Sup Forums memester

>expert Sup Forums memester
I wonder what sophisticated website you're from where they use colorful vocabulary like
>pleb
>entry level
>faggot
>go fuck yourself
>wew
and the always substantive,
>memester

because it's *actually* pretentious

not like what plebs call pretentious
>2001 is pretentious!
>tarkovsky is pretentious!
>coen brothers are pretentious!

but as in the filmmaker made a shallow and dumb movie with good cinematography and he thinks its art

the way he hamfists those dream sequences says it all, really. the movie is banal, plain, preposterous, and mildly retarded. Only lubezki makes the movie worth seeing once, and it doesn't touch anything he's done with Malick

The Revenant is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Birdman, Iñárritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of arthouse. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Iñárritu is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to the ends of the Earth in search of a better shot, the Mexican counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

Such as?

Prententious is a meme word now
you don't know what your talking amount The Revenant is at least a 8/10

Fucking metal.

>the word is used incorrectly by dumbasses, that means it has no meaning
no, Innaritu films are some of the only films coming out today worthy of that criticism

dubs speak truth

Before your post gets overwhelming quad comments, Id like to say that first off I enjoyed the movie. However, I can see the shallowness youre talking about now that you mention it. A lot it unnecessary and at times even seemingly contrived. But, I still believe it to be an entertaining movie with some excellent parts scattered throughout.