Anyone else get rekt by the new windows update for gaming?

anyone else get rekt by the new windows update for gaming?
can't steam play anything. can't origin anything. can't even access anything with messages without vague responses

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/7/27/12294708/tim-sweeney-microsoft-windows-10-uwp-steam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pc master race fails again
>get in here bro's

Shoulda got a console faggot.
Most of us only have to rebuy our xbone or ps4 with the updated versions this year...meanwhile you are sucking nigger dick with every update.

>Windows 10.
>Pic related.

MSTR RCE PLEB SEKT
LULZ FOR THE KEKS.

Fucking get a linux OS and learn to not game any more. How old are you anyways? 30? Fucking move on.

ITT master race is butthurt. keks all around.

OP just wait a few days for the fixes to come around. sorry you wasted your day off trying to enjoy something you already paid for and that worked once.

>69
>posts gif
>is jpeg.
>2016 and being this good.

my shit works fine.
mebbe update your hardare nubcunt.

disable the new windows defender it's a piece of shit. worked for me.

>Window X
Well what did you expect from prealpha?

ever consider kys? i mean
captcha - select pictures of jews or juice.

ITT we all play pong on linux and laugh at windows gamers...while talking shit to console.

>mfw i stayed with windows 7

mfw i voted for that faggot and people talk shit about trump.

Mah nigga

It's like XP all over again, I won't let go of 7 until Microsoft fixes it shit like they had to with Vista

/thread.

>mfw you spent more time denying the auto forced 10 updates than anything else and fighting to keep your OS.

Sauce?

>that

gooksforfux dart carm.
>fuck if i know

I only have important updates enabled, therefore i never got the annoying tray icon, which comes from a recommended update.

I love linux.

Then again my hobbies include searching for stable drivers and organizing file access permissions.

It was annoying seeing it pop up every day I'll admit, but then I just disabled it and didn't have to deal with it no more.

Nah consoles are for fags he should just buy a copy of Windows 8

>downgrading to windows 10
windows 7 master race

why people use an OS with mandatory updates is mind-boggling

>windows 8

I'd rather have 10 than 8 tbh

Modified w10>w7>w10>w8

what does the mods do?

You can disable the update service but I agree anyhow. They should have included the important/recommended/none in the update settings.

Disable the telemetry/data mining and make it look like w7

I have a program that BTFOs any windows 10 forced update.

i dont have a problem unlike you retards.
i just disabled the update service permenantly.

i only start it up when i want to update, i.e. after ive checked online that nothing is going to get rekt.

the whole point is to get users used to the idea of not having control over things.

the next step would be to "rent" software as opposed to buying it.

That's not good enough. Microsoft will bypass that.

>Disable the telemetry/data mining
you can't turn that off completely, bro, it's hardcoded in the kernel. some security firm confirmed it.

dumb enough to install windows 10, stop complaining faggot

Yeah but that's in w7 and all smartphones too. You can't disable it in w7 either.

I use windows 10 and a gtx 970 and I can run gta v with everything on very high 1080p 50-90 fps. processor OC'd to 4.4 ghz though. It even works well with my daw and audio drivers. Don't know who you people are with window 10 issues. Buy quality hardware.

it's not on the same level as win10

Except you can get rid of it in windows 7, because you have control over updates. All the telemetry updates were under the "Recommended" category and not "Important".

KB3068708 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB3022345 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB2952664 Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7
KB2990214 Update that enables you to upgrade from Windows 7 to a later version of Windows
KB3035583 Update installs Get Windows 10 app in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1
KB971033 Description of the update for Windows Activation Technologies
KB3021917 Update to Windows 7 SP1 for performance improvements
KB3044374 Update that enables you to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to a later version of Windows

Microsoft wants to make Steam buggy and broken
theverge.com/2016/7/27/12294708/tim-sweeney-microsoft-windows-10-uwp-steam

>"rent" software
It's already happened. You can't purchase the latest Photoshop anymore. Subscription only.

Hell I'm not even gonna upgrade my XBONE and I'll still be fine

they could. but nerds are everywhere. sooner or later somebody's gonna come up with a solution and post it online.

xbox games wants to kick out steam eh?

i dunno. does steam work on macs?

>does steam work on macs?
Yes, but it has a tiny fraction of available games obviously.

this is why, at this point, its important to archive and store old versions of software.

most software we use on a daily basis have already plateaued. only small adjustments are made, hence the need for this rent system in order to get a revenue stream while doing less work.

just look at ms word. there's been no major changes since word 2007, yet they keep pumping out newer versions with better interfaces.
while you can still buy this outright, office360 is purely subscription.

then either steam is screwed, or some nerds will figure out a workaround.

personally i doubt it will happen. if microsoft pushes too hard, people will just revert to win7. making win10 a flop.

having said that though, there's not really a decent OS for touchscreen hybrid devices, so i guess some of us have to make do with win10