I am so fucking sick of hip hop what will be the next big mainstream genre?

I am so fucking sick of hip hop what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear "uh uh skrrrt nigga smoke muhfucker" over the same shitty trap beats. It's run it's course.

I am so fucking sick of grunge what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear "wah wah brrrrmmmm muhfucker" over the same shitty drum beats. It's run it's course.

grunge and trap are both bad what's even the point of this

I am so fucking sick of pop what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear "wah wah oooooooo party" over the same shitty drum beats. It's run it's course.

And grunge eventually got replaced. So did rock, so did that EDM boy band shit and christian buttrock of the 2000s.
Now it's hip hop's time.

Pop Country, unfortunately.

pop punk gonna make a serious fucking comeback except this time it's going to be nihilistic, degenerate, and played by korean and chinese boys that look exactly like girls

>Now it's hip hop's time.

It's been well over 30 years polfag. It's not going anywhere

thug country

I am so fucking sick of drone what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" over the same shitty drum beats. It's run it's course.

that's what people said about rock

Well by the looks of it popular music is heading in the direction of shitty edm bass drops

>drum beats
>drone
you fucked up son

>you don't like shit trap you're a polfag
kill yourself /r/hhh
i'm not into rock either. i think that's also a dead genre. hip hop had it's moments but it seems to hit a creative dead end now. where is there to go from here?

>tfw to dumb to appreciate rap musics

Well "rock" isn't exactly dead, more like it evolved and seperated into different branches, just like "hip hop" has done.

he means when will the trap mainstream stop being fashionable like happened to gangsta rap in 2008. Trap will be there forever I guess

rock is almost entirely dead in a pop music sense

I am so fucking sick of 4'33 what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear "_____________" over the same shitty general background ambience. It's run it's course.

lol you probably have no friends and have never been to a party or a lit concert. That shitty rap music you are describing is suppose to make you dance and rage. Something you will never do with other people you pathethic waste of human being

it's coming back
21 pilots, mac demarco, vampire weekend, tame impala

I am so fucking sick of shoegaze what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear barely audible vocals over the same shitty vacuum cleaner beats. It's run it's course.

Not exactly but I guess Hip hop and rappers like Kanye west, Kendrick etc... Have taken over the role of those rockstars like Zeppelin, Stones, and the beatles in a sense.

>lit
Get out underage.

I am so fucking sick of atmospheric black metal what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear "Bzzzzzzttt WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BZzzztt" over the same shitty blast beats. It's run it's course.

>any of those bands
>rock

>dude just turn your brain off hurr
k

I am so fucking sick of lowercase what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear extremely quiet sounds amplified to extreme levels over the same shitty intermediate periods of silence. It's run it's course.

This implies that one type of music has an objective superiority over another, which is false.

>the last time I saw someone make this argument it worked really well so why not give it a shot

remember to turn your brain back on if at all possible

I'm a pharmacy student at UCSF. I've used more brainpower in the past week than you've probably used in your life you community college loser.

Nice try though

wtf else would you classify tame impala as?

>2016
>falling for the (((college))) meme
>not going to trade school

c u c k
how's the debt?

Irrelevant considering I'll be making 100k starting salary in about 2 years when I graduate

woah pharmacy at ucsf that's super impressive you must be some sort of genius

not even to mention the 2.80 GPA you must have achieved (at least!) to get into that course

mr brain on the loose here

kekekekek

You must be retarded. The average is clearly 3.5.

That 2.8 GPA dude was probably some rich kid.

the official entry GPA is 2.8, sorry

it's about as much of a claim as saying "I'm smarter than the national average"

The average student's GPA is 3.5.

>hurr durr if you don't like rap music you must go on Sup Forums

Generally speaking I dislike rap music. I also dislike Sup Forums.

>Generally speaking I dislike rap music

Then you're racist

(you)

lmfao

its literally in its most creative time period right now. Thats why its getting so much critical appreciation.

back to your containment board

except thats not what he said

>"hip hop" has done.
then why do all modern hip hop songs have the same predictable beat patterns and synthlines?

sounds hot tbf

I am so fucking sick of field recordings, what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear the same sounds of wind over student chatter. It's run it's course.

You're ignoring the fact that no mainstream rock bands exist today

I am so fucking sick of noisecore what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear "I CANTA GET NERRR SADIS FACTIONNNN 1 2 3 4!" over the same shitty noise guitar and drum pounding. It's run it's course.

this is bait but the sad thing is many libcucks actually believe this

Pop-punk never went away, it's just categorized as "alternative/scene music" now.

I am so fucking sick of jazz what will be the next big mainstream genre?

Everywhere I go around campus I hear babbys first saxophone, sometimes over a shitty drum beat. It's run it's course.

topkek

mu logic
>if you dont like rap youre obviously a racist nazi
>go back to pol

popular rap music is literally just as bad as kiss, guns and roses, motley crue, and twisted sister you stupid sissy 15 year olds

Indie rock sound

fellow math major?

>pic related

>what will be the next big mainstream genre?

natsoc atmo bm

why care about the mainstream? just listening to your fucking music faggot