People keep telling me the "proper" format for EDM is either EPs or DJ mixes...

People keep telling me the "proper" format for EDM is either EPs or DJ mixes. To me that just reads "EDM artists and fans have the attention spans of hummingbirds"

Are full albums just a bit taxing for you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ik9cExHOazw
youtube.com/watch?v=qqZJcN1G8fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

EDM isn't made to be listened to.

most dj mixes are longer than albums, what are you talking about? Not to mention the fact that most good house/techno requires way more patience than most other genres.

And most greatest hits albums are longer, too. Compilations are the format of choice for plebs with short attention spans. What are DJ mixes but compilations with better marketing?

>Are full albums just a bit taxing for you guys?

no

the only somewhat decent EDM album

the only perfect 10/10 EDM album*

FTFY

worlds is literally one of the worst, most pretentious albums made in the last decade, and you should neck yourself for posting it.

eh I actually really like Porter but he hasn't realized his full potential yet, really looking forward to his next project though

proof?

only 2 songs on it (polygon dust and years of war) i didnt like, so the "10/10" is an exaggeration. hope he tells madeon to fuck off and makes another solo album

>not liking years of war

come on man

>proof?
it's nothing but vacuous monstercat pop with a halfbaked weeaboo concept thrown over to give the false impression of artistic value.

You know it henny

its too pop-y for my taste. it isnt a bad song, it just didnt fit the feel of the album. it felt like a pop song to me

lmao monstercat pumps out shitty "electro dubstep", worlds is a melodic synthpop. tons of artistic value if you actually sit down, listen to all lyrics, and just feel the album. thats what i did, and i love it

>lmao monstercat pumps out shitty "electro dubstep", worlds is a melodic synthpop.
bullshit arbitrary genre signifiers aside, worlds fits right in with all the garbage entry-level EDM mostercat markets to twelve year olds. maybe that's why their audiences bleed over into one another so much.
> tons of artistic value
maybe if you're an easily impressed retard with a tumblr account.

you have a lot of pent up anger about worlds, user. tell me, on the doll, where it touched you

yeah, i'd say it's rather annoying when such mediocre drivel gets put up on a pedestal by morons like you who lack any kind of taste.

I've literally never heard of this album until this inane tantrum, clearly they aren't putting it on a very high pedestal.

Because you can't DJ with a full LP

Also "EDM" is a disingenuous term and to label the entirety of dance music as such is ignorant. There's a big difference between Larry Levan and The Chainsmokers, the latter being what "EDM" tends to refer to.

I am into EDM and i prefer albums. I can't be bothered to go looking on discogs for singles and ep's, albums are more immersive, satisfying and better value.

Mate go listen to porter robinson then lmao

Pards can't even tell the difference between house and jungle

Ask Sup Forums's EDM containment thread:

>i'm an uninformed idiot
>this makes it impossible for things i don't know about to be placed on a pedestal.
great logic there, chief. maybe try thinking about your own post before calling someone else's inane.

Dude i'm Australian
FYI i can tell the difference between house and jungle; i've been listening to many kinds of electronic music for years. If you don't like electronic albums, fine. That doesn't mean there are some great ones out there, or that i'm ignorant.

>That doesn't mean there are some great ones out there
Name 5

(mean that there *aren't)

OK
Move D - Kunststoff
Drexciya - Neptune's Lair
Anthony Rother - 62 Minutes On Mars
Glenn Underground - Atmosfear
T. Power - The Self Evident Truth Of An Intuitive Mind

And don't judge my choice unless you're heard them

Heard drexcyia and t power, but come on, both electro/techno and drum n bass are singles genres.

techno is not exclusively a singles genre

>edm

ok

Are you going to approach a point anytime soon or what?

No

I agree with you on that; the bigger and better tunes are probably on singles (i have to take your word for it because i don't listen to them!). I'm just saying i prefer albums for _said_ reason, and that there are some good ones out there (even if there may not be many, as is the case with DnB)

no probably not mate, though i do think that the term "edm" is just a way of gentrifying and capitalising off of an underground scene and the styles within, and i hate that people just throw it around willy nilly.

here's a tune for your troubles (off an album no less!)
youtube.com/watch?v=ik9cExHOazw

have another ;)
youtube.com/watch?v=qqZJcN1G8fg