ITT: Artists whose deaths you're unsure you'll be able to cope with

ITT: Artists whose deaths you're unsure you'll be able to cope with

Other urls found in this thread:

4degreez.com/nailz/ninterpretations/downspiral.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm unable to cope with his life honestly

I'm gonna take a personal day from work and drink myself into a stupor to Rain Dogs when he dies
What do you mean by this?

honestly

Christmas can fuck off

I like him
But I would like him more if he took his thumb out of his ass and got some fucking work done.

How can you not cope with the death of a musician you don't know on a personal level? When a musician dies, will you not be able to listen to their music anymore?

A musician's significance and importance in society is how they expressed themselves through their medium. You'll be fine dude, no need to be dramatic.

So with that said, it'll be a sad time when these two are gone but I will be able to cope with it because I only really identify with how they expressed themselves decades ago.

Brian is immune to meme magic, both positive and negative

Should've been more specific

Right in the feels

But Pitbull's still pretty young

>mourning the edgelord who recorded an album in the Manson house just to be a prat

I've been listening to The Fragile for the past 4 hours. Don't even fucking mention, dude...

Why do people like NIN? His lyrics sound like stuff from an edgy teens journal.

this desu. I don't have the time or energy to try and to try to "cope" with some celebrity's death when I can't even fully cope with my own reality.

Fuck off loser, you clearly missed the point. Try listening to the album again, but this time use your brain a little bit. Maybe read an essay or two about the deeper meaning, there's tons. One of my favorites:
4degreez.com/nailz/ninterpretations/downspiral.html

As Courtney Cobain Corgan once said
>Don't name your band nine inch nails if you have a three inch one

It's going to hurt like hell when Peter goes.

I have learned this year that I really don't know how to cope at all. It just happens and time moves on whether I can accept it or not.

Also, this one would hurt a lot.

I once thought long and hard about which (if any) celebrity/ artist's death would honestly have any real effect me.

Hers was the only name I came up with in the end.

please never die Kate!!

Also this. It's not really coping for me. It's just moving on as the world continues to fly by. Sort of dehumanizing desu.

Willie Nelson and David Allan Coe

highly recommend you check out the link to the interpretation that this user posted, it's a great read and it really helped me garner a new respect for NIN and the downward spiral in particular, and I'm someone who wouldn't really call himself a huge NIN fan

>please never die Kate!!
diabetes at 65
dead at 74 in 2032

sorry, meant to link

This. I wish he took better care of himself

I feel the same. I don't think it's dehumanizing, it's just life. David Bowie is one of my favorite artists and when he died I felt a strange confusion for maybe 10 seconds and then you have a kind of resignation and acceptance of how abandoned you feel and you move on.

If she dies I give up on everything...

I don't know. I have seen it happening in my own life and it's the same where we almost immediately moved on. Just in 2016, two people that I knew in my (rural) town committed suicide, one overdosed on meth, and another drowned in the harbor in the city nearby. It's probably just unique to me, but that wrapped in with celebrity deaths is why I feel it's dehumanizing.

he's gonna outlive you user

my baby :(

lol FAGS

It's way more about the god-like production and instrumentals than the lyrics for me personally

December 7th, 2064

trips and kanye dies within 2 years

I will become a broken man on this day

Reroll

Dubs confirm, but I already know this. I'm an alcoholic.

How American is Trent Reznor

This post is boggling my mind

anything could happen

Define "American." There's no real definition. There are values we all uphold as Americans but culturally we are a big fuckpot.

This desu. Also Fiona Apple

I was recently arguing some twat on here who thought she was Asian.

Saw him over the summer. He is in very good shape. Only one in better shape is Steve Hackett.

(You) do know who Jon Anderson is right?
Neil will be one the hurts a lot

This would fuck me up.
Yup.
Oh wow. Never really thought about that one...

Phil Collins will hit me right in the feels.

I can understand why someone would think that at first. I thought that when I first got into her.

How stubborn was he about it?

>that grey
>he will die in your lifetime

Won't be ready

I wonder if he'll ever have kids with his qt wife

This man. He's so perfect. I really do regard him as a genius and he's the cornerstone of pretty much all I admire in a human being.

I'm glad you say that, seen a lot of people shitting on him for asinine reasons lately

will be very depressing, the way his attitude comes out in his music is glorious

his lyrics are pretty clever/humorous and his guitar style matches

He was quoted once as saying something along the lines of that when he makes a guitar solo he tries to make it an intricate way of making fun of a guitar solo

That's tough. Yeah I guess if it's something you see too often it can make you feel completely apathetic at some point, even though subconsciously you're probably not, it's just something you live and deal with, kind of like people who have morgues and funeral services type of jobs.

It's going to happen soon and it's going to hurt.

I can understand mistaking it but the user refused to understand that neither of her parents are. She's just a bit Inuit. Also, the pixie look only furthered that look.

>I'm glad you say that, seen a lot of people shitting on him for asinine reasons lately
That's just out of habit, most people don't even know why they don't like him, some time ago he was somehow categorized as an asshole because of a few minor incidents and people kept repeating the same bullshit as usual. A friend of mine heard a QOTSA song in my car a few months back and when I told him who it was he immediately said "Oh I heard he's an asshole". Not only he didn't even recognize or knew his music, he couldn't even tell me one incident Josh Homme was involved in.

>his lyrics are pretty clever/humorous and his guitar style matches
His guitar style is so unique. No one can play like him and he doesn't even do complicated stuff, it's like he found scales and chords no one else thought of, and yet his songs are melodic, straightforward and badass. Not to mention the fucking charisma.

Yep. There was like that incident at the concert where the guy threw a bottle or something at him. He was already on a ton of medication because if I recall, he was super sick. So, while toughing it out and performing anyway, he gets heckled like crazy, so in his muddled state, he calls the guy out and calls him a faggot. Now, I don't particularly care for the word. I know how some people can feel about it. But the thing is, he apologized for the whole ordeal and made amends. He's a stand up fucking dude who can admit when he's done wrong, but also doesn't take any shit.

The guy that got me into all this

>tfw there's probably an artist i'm into who will kill themselves in the next 10 years
>tfw i'll never know who and i'm powerless to stop it

>the pixie look only furthered that look.
Was a damn good look though...

My sources tell me he will pass sometime in 2017.

>caring about the word faggot

I might have typo'd. I meant to say I don't care about it myself. Only that, you know, I'm not a 13 year old edge lord anymore and I know some people might. So yeah.

I know people might, I'm just saying I don't respect that fact. there are worse things in the world than the word faggot

May be the only musician death that'll hurt me more than Bowie t b h

I never said there weren't worse things? That doesn't mean basic respect for others isn't a good thing. The fact of the matter is that it's generally considered a slur and it's been used in association with literal violence against people.

the quints overpowered the dubs

if someone gets a sextuple saying he'll die, then he's fucked.

THIS i can't imagine the feels and he's just getting to that age where it could be next year or not for two or three decades