Did anyone else go "HOLY SHIT" at this moment?

Did anyone else go "HOLY SHIT" at this moment?

me

I guess you can say I was a bit pissed off

how the fuck could he not tell that there was a bomb in the room?

I was laughing

I was all pssssshtt bahahahaaa

and then I was all: wtf I thought this movie was called Batman V. Superman because there was gonna be a big discussion during this scene between the people and superman and making it one big explosion was a cop out

Biggest laugh I had all year in the cinema.

Seriously, the whole thing was so absurd. It felt like Terry Gilliam had come in to direct that scene.

Lead.

>Prometheus stole fire from the gods' capital
>Superman brought fire to the US Capitol
Is Snyder the greatest artist of our generation?

when the car bumps on him like a toy?

You are now aware that there are Sup Forumstards who never even watch the movie in question, just watch a few YouTube reviews, read a Wikipedia synopsis, and comment away.

he specifically mentions to lois later on that he wasnt paying attention. So he feels guilty for it.

This is why it got bad reviews. You simple fucks need everything thrown in your face in order to understand whats happening.

Yeah it was a good scene, but literally what happened went nowhere.

It was a good scene in the wrong movie.

>congress blows up
>nothing is made out of it
>they find Superman wasn't guilty
This thing lead to absolutely nothing.
This is why people shat on it.

this.

Are you saying some people in Sup Forums are doing things to make other people mad?

no

it surprised the fuck out of me then i felt bad for superman because people would hate him for that

He's just a fallible man.

>superman who sees and hears everything let a bomb go off just because he "wasn't paying attention"

BRAVO ZACK, SO RELATABLE

That was my Holy Shit moment

Fucking savage

No I was asleep

Theyve always been here dude, these fuckwits are everywhere. Even in civil war threads youll get some retard asking
>who is the bad guy?
>what was his name?
>how did he know about tonys parents?

THEY SAY THIS FUCKING SHIT AT THE START OF THE MOVIE PAY ATTENTION FUCKS SAKE

cant wait for the ultimate cut blu ray kino

Do you regularly suspect the disabled as suicidal and bomb-rigged?

Well I'm not Superman

Why did they make Lex so fucking autistic.

>wasnt paying attention
some Superman

>they find Superman wasn't guilty

That wasn't the point.

The point was for Lex to show everyone that
1) maybe he isn't a god after all
2) he was unwilling to act, therefore doesn't really care about humanity

as well as the bonus of
3) superman carrying a serious emotional burden

He wants to break him emotionally as to manipulate him (along with capturing lois and martha), leading into the next point:
1) he kills the batman and shows the world that he's a ruthless killer and killed someone trying to help Gotham (most of Gothams innocent love Batman)
2) He gets killed by Batman and is no longer a danger to humanity

Think for a second before you post.

So Superman should?

Hard as balls to find the HD version of the rip.

I felt bad for him desu. Plus I knew it was gonna happen because of spoilers. I actually feel bad for ol boy he can't catch a break. Gets his shit pushed in by Bruce then get a his ass handed to him by Doomsday. Then he gets killed in front of his 2 new acquaintances making him seem like a bitch. Supposed to be all powerful yet dies from a baby basically.

All I could think about with that mildly disappointed look on his face was Curb Your Enthusiasm music playing in the background as the camera zooms in on his face.

He got smacked around by his daddy. His origin may be weirder. Plus it's pretty clear that he's being controlled by Darkseid

Because he trusted the people.

He mentions that to lois as well.

>superman carrying a serious emotional burden
That is never referenced or even mentioned ever again

Most of what you said seems like post rationalization of a stupid scene that added nothing to the plot.

>That is never referenced or even mentioned ever again
Did you even watch the movie?

Yeah, it was a genuinely funny moment.
I'm not sure Snyder wanted it to be darkly comedic or if it's just a fuck up that turned out to be gold.

The way Holly Hunter spends a solid minute gaping at a jar of piss, the way that cripple unceremoniously explodes and Henry Cavill's just stands there, looking like he just dropped his phone in the toilet.

>it's pretty clear that he's being controlled by Darkseid
That isn't clear at all. At best you can say it was implied by one scene that was fucking cut from the film.

And it doesn't really explain all the goofy ass shit he was doing before he started talking to the ship.

Nah, I had already walked out of this chucklefuck of a movie by then.

Yes.

Literally the only time Superman literally never talks about the Congress explosion after the scene where he fucks off to Antarctica or wherever to have that stupid conversation with Kevin Costner's ghost.

Fire?

FIRE?

TELL ME, WHAT DOES THE FIRE DO?

IT RISES

Kek

You're a real smart guy user. I saw the whole Darkseid ruling Earth thing in the knightmare and Luthor at the end saying bells are ringing and something is coming from space and thought it was all pretty clear, but you saw something totally different.

I can't tell if Henry Cavill is a bad actor, or if Zack Snyder's direction is ruining him.

>Literally the only time Superman literally never talks about the Congress explosion after the scene where he fucks off to Antarctica or wherever to have that stupid conversation with Kevin Costner's ghost.

So he's so burdened by it, he dreams of it.

Also, you either didn't watch the movie or have ADD or some shit.

He vents this shit to Lois Lane and expresses guilt about not being prepared and not watching for it.

And when he goes to fight Batman, he says "no one stays good in this world".

Marvel cucks confirmed for attention span of a fucking fly, jesus christ

I was sleeping at that point.

He talks about it with Lane before going off into exile in Kansas. I appreciate that he didn't go "hey ghost step dad, I'm here because congress blew the fuck up", but not spelling shit out like that does not make it not a reference.

You're making connections that were never implied by the film.

Plus the prison scene doesn't happen until the very end of the film. What scene before that implies Luthor is being possessed by Darkseid?

>this absolute lack of emotion
lmao what dog shit

He has that whole scene with Lois where he feels like shit because he could have saved them, but wasn't paying attention. THEN he fucks off to talk to ghosts

None? Why does the implication have to come before the action user? Why can't it be right at the end?

There is that Communion scene that hey had to cut because the MPAA doesn't like excessive blood

I wish more people were as smart as us gentlesirs.

Me laugh at pee pee.

He couldn't look at the cripple because he was felt too guilty, I think it's reasonable.

What was retarded was that he stood there feeling sorry for himself instead of helping potential survivors. That was the fucking stupid part.

That's what I said. But that's like two scenes in the film, and it seems to have zero influence on his actions afterwards. Mostly because the film itself never gives him a chance to take Kevin Coster's advice and apply it. And that's probably because Batman took up like 75% of Superman's film.

I was disappointed actually. The tension leading up to it was amazing. Then they had that woman stutter for three minutes and then a bomb went off.

So many wasted opportunities.

If he had taken Kevin Costner's advice, Earth would've been New Krypton by the end of Man of Steel

Ever think that maybe that's the exact reaction the filmmakers wanted?

Why would you assume he's possessed when he's not really acting any differently?

If we actually saw a change in personality, I would believe it. But he's the same quirky weirdo he was throughout the film.

>That's what I said. But that's like two scenes in the film, and it seems to have zero influence on his actions afterwards.

He probably wouldn't have gone savage on Batman if he wasn't so emotionally unstable at the time.

Superman was ready to kill Batman forsure, which isn't like Superman at all. He could have easily physically restrained him and explained shit, but he decided to tackle him through a fucking skyscraper and assert dominance in a fit of rage. And after the first kryptonite gassing, flat out kill Batman physically.

But of course, once again, this flies over your little pea brain.

I ain't gonna lie. Martha was kind of hot in those pictures.

>Communion scene
Cut.
Even if you include it, what about that scene implies he was possessed by Darkseid? Seems like he was just communicating with the alien thing. I'm sure he learned a lot about Darkseid.

Why didn't he hear them kidnapping his mommy?

The more and more of these threads I read, the more I know that people who shit on this movie don't pay attention and don't like even thinking at all when watching a movie.

Why didn't Superman just snap Batman into murder?

damn

just look at that hairline

is it better to be a manlet with a sick head of hair/hairline or be a balder like OP?

>What was retarded was that he stood there feeling sorry for himself instead of helping potential survivors. That was the fucking stupid part.

"Tell that to Zod's broken neck"-tier autism.

He was busy saving Lois from turning into a red smear on the sidewalk.

Mommy kidnapping happened at least a couple of hours before Lolita was thrown off

But why did we need a fucking Kevin Costner scene then? We already knew he was mentally unstable, seeing as he just stood there with a mildly disappointed look on his face while the senate hearing blew up before his eyes.

> Superman was ready to kill Batman forsure

But he wasn't really. He had no intention of killing batman until Luthor kidnaps his mommy somehow without Superman noticing. And what the hell does that have to so with the Senate blowing up?

Hell, he even tries to tell Batman about Luthor before he gets a blast of the sound thing.

TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN

You're such a genius. Only you can see how brilliant this film truly was.

I laughed at that. Henry Cavill's expressions in this film are a goddamn goldmine of laughs.

He had an almost psychic ability to hack into that Krypton ship amongst other things.

To be frank I had no idea there was a deleted scene, and that it's having some kind of communion with something it's probably just the case of you being a bit shit at reading movies or something.

I'll be interested to hear more about his birth since the brief talk about that was p vague.

>until Luthor kidnaps his mommy somehow without Superman noticing
So when Superman can't spot a bomb a few meters away you expect him to just know where his mother is all the time?

What are you getting at?

>He had an almost psychic ability to hack into that Krypton ship

Yeah, that's probably due to shitty writing. I mean, I guess you can just say he was possessed, if that makes you feel better about it, but it just comes across as lazy to me.

None of this is actual content in the movie.

>All this hating on Superman

Jesus, was I the only one who noticed Captain America is outrightly a fucking douchebag, sticking up for a mentally unstable enemy agent against his own comrades, even to the point of nearly killing their leader (Iron Man)?

He's either a dick, a moron or an actual supervillain...there are no other options.

He comes to Lois' rescue fucking twice out of nowhere. I imagine he would keep a bead on all of his loved ones, especially his mother, who was almost killed by aliens jus two years prior.

The Kryptonian ship is basically a sentient thing. He didn't need to anything special. He just talked to it.

18+ kiddo

I literally didn't get it.
>Some twenty something entrepreneur is mad at me
>He leaves a passive aggressive note for me and doesn't show up to the trial
>Start spilling your spaghetti everywhere, presumably because you feel immensely threatened
I don't get it, why would she assume he was going to blow the place up. Lex may be weird, but from her point of view he's not a super villain.

Was it another case of the screenwriters not establishing shit because they're rushing the story? Or was it bad acting and she was just supposed to be distracted? Or did Snyder direct her to look and act spooked as fuck because he forgot the movie hadn't established he was a super villain?
Who's to blame?

Also it was really weird that Superman wasn't implicated in the bombing, or at the very least not held responsible for not preventing it.

>Supes walks into the courtroom
>oh yeah badass Superman is going to deliver an epic speech about how he's here to help humanity
>Cavill just stands there like a block of wood while holly hunter prattles on
>oh my god JC a bomb
>Cavill continues to just stand there with a mildly annoyed expression on his face

I don't know if Cavill is just a shitty actor or he's given bad direction, but this superman is garbage

Yeah that didn't make any sense. There was zero implication from her end that he was trying to kill her. Unless it was the piss in a jar that was causing her to spill her spaghetti like that.

The look on his face bothers me the most. He's just like, "D'oh, I did it again...".

I also love how the news explains that it wasn't his doing immediately after that scene.

>why would she assume he was going to blow the place up

She didn't assume shit, tripfag. The scene is shot so that the audience notices the piss, then notices Luthor's charity-case in his Lexcorp wheelchair.

All she knows is that Luthor left a calling card, and she doesn't know how it got there, or why, but it's clearly an insult.

It was definitely a face of confusion and pain.

She didn't, but him leaving a jar of piss there with nobody taking it away meant that he had either A)infiltrated the court system to some extent or B)had just left a jar of piss there, which regardless of intent is malicious and strange. He wasn't in his seat which perhaps made her think the worst.

Nobody is to blame. It sounds like you're fucking stupid and incapable of making simple logical connections.

Why would that cause her to stumble all over her words like that? Then she just stares at jar and the empty seat as if she has enough clues to piece together Luthor's intentions.

Is not a look of pain. It's a look of mild discomfort at best.

you cut the face he makes when he first see martha's pics the reaction is priceless

love this movie

>The look on his face bothers me the most. He's just like, "D'oh, I did it again...".
>Then she just stares at jar and the empty seat as if she has enough clues to piece together Luthor's intentions.
>Is not a look of pain. It's a look of mild discomfort at best.

all dis projection, lol

It's the look of, "Every time I try to help them people end up hurt. What's the fucking point?"

0/10 bad try

What's also priceless is the sound Lex is making. You see Superman's sad face and Lex is making the whimper that doesn't comes out of Clark's mouth.

You really see the sadistic pleasure of a beta humiliating an alpha.

I honestly don't see how you get that. Henry Cavill's Superman is just awful when it comes to conveying emotion.

>projection
Isn't that what people who are defending this film have been doing this entire time?

No because it was predictable and stupid as fuck

yes