That lassie got glassed, and no cunt leaves here till we find out what cunt did it

>That lassie got glassed, and no cunt leaves here till we find out what cunt did it

What did Begbie mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SUZyNLZZjMs
youtube.com/watch?v=KtCG0wG-5E0
youtu.be/daFdPGBjrPU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Such a great scene.

Do people in Scotland really talk like that?

Scotland isn't a real place, idiot

Fucking love Robert Carlysle

He makes Once Upon A Time worth watching

I don't know, but I hope so.

youtube.com/watch?v=SUZyNLZZjMs

I saw this when i was 5 when it got released on VHS.

It ruined my childhood/life

>so I squares up, casual like

UM NO A BUFTY

what does "biscuit arsed" even mean? I almost wanna use it.

>shiets it

Means you look uncomfortable/nervous. Like ants in your pants but with ants swapped out with biscuit crumbs.

some of us. young ones sound american these days

youtube.com/watch?v=KtCG0wG-5E0

There's definitely areas where you will still find that sort of accent and the style, sentence structure is accurate as well. It's usually accompanied by more of a high pitched squeal in the tone as well, absolutely dreadful. I've been unable to understand what 'weegies' (Glaswegians) are saying, it does at times feel like another language.

P I C T U R E

T H E

S C E N E

Doss cunt detected.

>he was the one who glassed her
He's pretending like he doesn't know who did it, and he's going to find the person who did and kick his ass. He's just trolling to start a fight

"I'm up in my knees in fucking cowpat."
what did he mean by this?

m8s I'm a 1/64 Scottish-Ameriburger. I need to come visit the motherland soon. Where should I go to meet some top lads and clever lasses?

Whit does doss mean whaur ye bide big yin?

It means good/great/fuckin braw here.

Gowkthrapple

It means yer a dozy shite

For those genuinely curious and unable to figure it out he is 'knee deep in (cow)shit', or in a bad situation.

Kinda confused, shy, quite sheepish/embarrassed sort of thing. It was popular Scottish slang in the 90s but nobody says it here anymore.

>weegies

Based John

youtu.be/daFdPGBjrPU

IT'S SHITE BEIN' SCOTTISH

>At any moment you might need a minder--
>ARTHUR DALEY

YIR DUG'S GOAT TITS

Is the book Trainspotting was made on any good? There's some interesting characters in that story that I bet would be interesting reads.

That's pretty tame compared to some parts of Scotland

it's good but it's more like a collection of short stories than a focused narrative like the film. Also it's written with a ton of Scottish slang so it can be tough to understand at times

I had to google half of begbies shit so i prolly couldnt read

how did the scottish end up so far off?

I genuinely can't tell him apart from every other Glaswegian cunt I've met.

>turning on subtitles on Limmy's Show
>still unintelligible nonsense

Love the show though.

*shites

"Turn on the tap. Wa'uh. Pyoo wa'uh. An et tests.. a'fookal."

Gaelic used to be commonly spoken, so some Scots slang can be traced back to that, but a lot of it really is just chewing up English and spitting it back out though - e.g. somehow "Haw pul, min' geein a haun wae 'is widje?" translates as "Hey pal, could you help me with this?".

>well the game was mine

and that was it. That was Begbie's story.