Okay anons, I'm quite annoyed today

Okay anons, I'm quite annoyed today.

I'm sick of people trying to tell me that things will get better for me or that I will eventually fond someone to marry and all that bullshit.

Why? Simple: there is such a thing as a lost cause, and I am one of them.

Sure I get lonely and would enjoy someone to bond with, but at the same tine I am the reason I get lonely and miserable. I refuse to help myself besauce I'd rather use my energy to harm myself. My friends and family have tried hooking with people, and my response is either to ignore them when it's time to meet up, or flat out tell them no.

This is real life. Some people will never be happy. Some people will never have love. Some people will be miserable until the day they die. I am one of those people, and nothing can or ever will be done to stop it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SH0yN2DS1pI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ok

nice man

Setting the standard for yourself there user. This isn't "Real life" as you say. This is just your perception of yourself, and people who just call themselves "lost causes" are just the people who don't want to put any effort into fixing themselves or having goals.

You think I don't know that? I know the kind of listless piece of shit I am. I just want everyone in my life to silently realise it and leave me the fuck alone. If I'm too obvious about it, I'll get sectioned and fuck taking pills and talking to a shrink again.

Furthermore, how the shit is self perception not a facet of real life? Is that ypur idea of help? Invalidating someone's views like that? No one just wakes up and decides to act or think like this. This is a product years in the making.

Nah man. Calling yourself a listless piece of shit IS the excuse user. You are just giving yourself an excuse to not try by saying that it's in your very nature. You could try, it just requires effort. And you don't really have an excuse to not put in the effort outside of the fact that you may not want too

Would you prefer that I baby you and tell you none of this is your fault?
You can either be a product of your life, or you can be who you want to be despite your life.

Of course I don't want to, I've hated myself since I was 8. Can you imagine the effort it will take to undo 20 years of self abuse? Without any help from others? Who would want to fucking help a trainwreck like me? Ask my exes, it gets bad.

I would rather be nurtured cos I didn't get that shit as a child. I got beaten mercilessly and told I was an awful person constantly. Only one person in my life ever told me I was of any value and my parents made sure I saw as little of that person as possible.

Hey man I get it. I know when you are all wrapped up in your pain it's liberating. If you don't give a shit about yourself you don't have to give a shit about -anything-
But giving a shit about yourself is -believe it or not- a choice. You just have to start doing things for yourself, you have to treat yourself better than you would naturally. It's a grind, it's not initially fulfilling, but it's life.
Thats just the first step man. And I'm not past the first step yet. I can just tell you it's been working. I've stopped drinking until I black out, I've stopped doing stupid shit to my body, I've ignored the fact that I hated the man I saw in the mirror.
And my life has slowly been stitching itself back together ever since.

Nurturing doesn't help now. You didn't get it when you needed that and me being nice today won't change your past.

I dunno man, I just can't see myself as capable of doing the same. I think I have legit brain chemicsl issues cos every time I'm on venlafaxine, the majority of my shit goes away. Right up until I stop taking them AMA.

lazy fagggggggggggggg, self pity is the dumbest form of pity lol, grow the fuck up mang

Fair point, user. I'd just be more content if I'd stop wanting to get better. To be perfectly honest, my biggest fear of getting better is that I'll end up commiting suicide. I won't kill myself as of this moment cos I feel suicide is an act of love that I don't deserve. So I'm afraid if I don't feel better exponentially, then I'll hit the point where I love myself enough to commit suicide, if that makes any sense.

I'm 28. Don't think the growing up thing is gonna happen. Mang.

Hey man I'm just giving you the truth on loving life unmedicated. It's easy on meds to do this shit, it doesn't come naturally and I'm not saying this will make you feel better. It'll just improve your quality of life over time.
Man your just wired for excuses. You know you are fucked up, most fucked up people don't know they are fucked up. They don't have a choice, you do. If you know it exists you can either give into it or choose to not let it define you.

get professional help, you clearly can't do it alone so pay someone to give you a push in the back.

It's hard to see for what end. The point where I am not, everyone benefits from me cos I only let this shit out on Sup Forums or some other place where I feel people legit don't care. My family and friends only know about the episode I had in 2010 and have assumed I have gotten better cos I do that happy act convincingly enough around them.

I suppose I should. If I ever get to a point where I can afford a doctor visit.

Why do you say you want to get better but shoot out excuses as into why you can't get better?
Also, hypothetically if you were to get better you wouldn't want to kill yourself.
Also suicide is either about attention or an end to suffering. You are romanticising the concept.

Why do you hate yourself though?

Have you consulted your pineal gland?

youtube.com/watch?v=SH0yN2DS1pI

It's alright user, things will get better. Every storm passes, every night has a dawn.

Love is out there waiting for you.

Hypocracy and contradictions are my thing?

For real though, I know that all this I feel is wrong which is why I want to get better. But I have felt this way for so long, this is a comfort zone for me and trying to change it triggers that stupid part in all our brains where we fight off any form of change.

I meant living* life unmedicated in the last post

Also. The purpose of the whole thing is to give yourself a future man. Depressives don't usually feel like they have a future. But if you take care of yourself and try to not indulge in your sadness your life starts to get better. You can make face around friends and family but that doesn't help you with your "lost cause" mentality. And honestly nothing anyone can say to you will. It's all in you. You can talk it out to a therapist, you can type out your frustration online, you can drink, smoke and hurt yourself
But until you start taking actions to improve your life none of it is going to actually change anything.

After 20 years of self hate, I just figure it's habit, I suppose. But it's probably an imbalance cos SNRIs work on me.

Interesting take

Low quality b8

There's some truth to that cos despite my lost cause mentality, I have a job and pay my bills rather than suckling off the system or living in absolute squalor.

why tf are you babying him, nigga? shit will not get better unless you make it better. people like you are why people like this think it's OK to feel sorry for themselves.

You talk about your mind like it's this separate entity. You are fully aware of its actions but you can't control it.
You are obviously self aware, but you aren't at the wheel. We can act independently of our insecurities and instincts.

OP here

There is a huge difference between nurturing and giving meaningless platitudes. That user is doing the former.

Also
> taking the b8 this hard

Yes we can and for normal people it still takes effort.

Me on the other hand have days where just getting out of bed is a Herculean effort. More days than anyone ought to have.

if youre that fucking smart why dont u get ur shit together u jagoff

Holy fucking hell, I'm an idiot. I meant the latter.

It's almost like you can be smart but still have a major failing. Gee wouldn't that be just the craziest darn thing.

Maybe you are destined to have a life of misery, and loneliness.
You certainly will be if you go through your life thinking like that though.
The beauty in this life is no matter how much pain or joy you experience it will all be erased as soon as you die. Every experience won't matter, your self pitying life you lived will be gone in an instant.
So why not go out and take some fucking risks? If you're so miserable just do whatever impulse takes you. Ask out a cute girl, eat seven pizzas, go burn down a church.
No matter the result in the end it won't matter, you'll still die someday and it'll all be gone, so do whatever the frickity fuck you want and stop being a self imposed loser.

*ladder

>frickity fuck
What are you, 13?