>lots of girls like it
>fun to write the songs
>fun to play the songs
>insanely fucking fun to play the songs while drunk
>less idiot stoners than other genres
>kids come up to you and say you changed their life
>actual radio appeal so you can dream of making it big
>scene is pretty tight
>the one form of music where blacks aren't just so far superior to you that you might as well not even try

>the one form of music where blacks aren't just so far superior to you that you might as well not even try

try again, op

they still are superior, just not as much so. its not like rap or r&b, the only other genres even worth playing if you're not 9/10+ good looking and 18 years old and can sign to some big pop label

Because I don't really like pop punk, duh. If I had people to play with that really wanted to do it I could settle for a pop punk-y math rock band though.

Because power chords sound hollow to me and there is no scene near me and no one to start a band with. Fuck MI.

If I were to make music I would give my best effort to create great music, not pop punk trash.

>bad brains
>good

chicago not far away and cheap and great scene. just move there -- prolly best city to live in in the USA right now if you make under 40k a year
no one told you you had to be exactly like blink 182. a good fifth of pop punk bands these days are mathy
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

this

I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to be such a race-cuck about these things.

What blacks are good at is /inventing/ modern music. It's a major redeeming quality of theirs as people.

You were in a pop punk band between 2008-2012 that was the prime, where record companies actually gave out deals like water bottles. The Wonder Years, Fireworks, and Man Overboard were the leaders of those years. Nowadays you need something fresh to even get more than 1k views on YouTube it's dead imo and this is coming from someone who was a die hard fan. Get stoked on it fellas, get stoked on it.

>some stranger on Sup Forums told me to move to chicago so i'm going to do that

okay buddy i don't have to take your advice, i'd rather discuss something this important with a trusted family member or even a school counselor, nice try with your persuasion tricks but I'm a bit smarter than that, alright peter parker? thanks but no thanks, jose

this is good bait

proud of you, user

come to chicago so you can bait for real

because im the drummer and i dont know what the fuck im doing

>some stranger on Sup Forums told me to move to chicago just so i can bait

okay buddy nice try but uh im a bit higher up on the tree of smarts than someone that would fall for your hijinks, it's not cute it's actually alarming and not comforting in the slight. moreover i don't know why you're saying i'm trying to bait, i'm merely replying to your comment like a normal person who isn't going to be conned into moving all the way to chicago just because a stranger on an imageboard told them to, that would be crazy! and i'm not crazy, suzie, so keep your pie hole shut!

Was pop punk ever considered anything other than a complete embarassment by the punk / post-punk / hardcore / emo scenes ? I'm genuinely curious.

bait... and dubs. now thats a real combo

hey johnny-o, i don't know what you think is "bait" around here but my posts are 100% all natural responses that i'm 100% behind with support, you may think they're a little bit of a "deviation from the norm" (bit of what the kids say nowadays I think) but they are appropriate, well made and frankly i'm proud of them! so take your idea of what constitutes "bait" and throw it in the ocean, johnathan!

because i'm to old to play in front of a bunch of teenagers
>except drums
yea, this only takes a week.

i actually do play in a pop-punk band, have a nice day op

>Less idiot stoners than other genres

LMAO pop-punk kids are actually 2x more likely to wear weed socks than anyone who listens to actual stoner rock/metal. Every pop-punk dickhead I've ever met is "Straight edge 4 lyfe" until I bump into them 2 years later, they're smoking a bowl and still listening to the same shitty bands.