What on God's green Earth gives Walmart the right to stop me and check my bags as I leave the store?

What on God's green Earth gives Walmart the right to stop me and check my bags as I leave the store?

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/three-walmart-employees-charged-after-florida-shoplifter-dies-n622191
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you look shifty as fuck

Are... Are you black?

Don't shop at Walmart if you're going to be such a faggot about it

in texas they do this if you have beer or wine. some shitty law about open carry but what does that have to do with alcohol

Just leave, they can't stop you if you didn't agree to anything.

You kinda have to stop at places like costco because you agreed to their terms when signing up, you can just leave but you will probably get your membership revoked.

Technically, nothing. You can literally walk right past them and they can't do a thing, most people don't know this. We're just programmed to accept authority, even when it's a false kind like the asshole ticket checker at wal-mart. I'm so serious, try it next time, walk past and no one will pursue you. I do it all the time on principal.

found the low life nigger.

they have right to do it bylaw

Nothing, dumbass. Tell them "No, thanks" and kep walking.
If they think they have reasonable suspicion, leave, stand your ground (don't let them lead you off to some room) and insist on police.

i stopped going because they kept hasting me about it even though the door was like 20 feet from the security dude.

Next time tell them you'll be happy to show them your bags if they take you to the front of returns.

You can at Costco, but if they can ID you they might revoke your membership.
I love Costco because real niggers hate the membership concept and stay away.

If yuo didn't steal anything then what do you have to hide?

Shitty logic

I would like to take this approach more often. This also applies to when the police stop me (UK bitches, this tactic can work if you play it right)
Problem is I'm always doing other illegal things that I don't want to shed more light on.
Only small shit but you don't wanna cuck yourself over a joints worth of weed just for the sake of having a temper tantrum, do you?
So I usually just play it cool, act friendly and cooperative.

So your a thief? I'm glad you admit it.

Let's walk through full body scanners that show me nude, cuz hey i don't have a bomb.

Hey cops should be able to pull me over and search my vehicle without consent even though I'm on my way somewhere, because hey i've got nothing to hide.

It's not about having anything to hide or not, it's about stripping away privacy little by little. Fucking pussy.

They can if they saw you commit a crime. Like, if an assist protection person saw you put something in your pants and leave the doorway of the store without paying for it, you are guilty and he can legally detain you.

They have no right to stop you, but they also have no obligation to let you return to the store. "That's the guy who flipped out when I asked for his receipt" is a reason to trespass you.

Hi losses through theft and shitty employees.

asset protection*

Or you can let them see your bags and receipt for 4 fucking seconds and go about your day.

Yeah, i wasn't taking into account someone actually stealing since i never do, so good point.

just shop online jfc

this thread shows up like 10 times a day and all you fucking summerfags keep responding to it

jesus christ fucking losers

they don't
you can just ignore them
if they get in your way preventing you from leaving you can file charges and sue for unlawful imprisonment
if they touch you at all trying to prevent you from leave you can file charges and sue for unlawful imprisonment and battery

but this is true too
so just be polite about it and say "No, thank you." when they ask for your reciept

Something else to consider. It depends store by store, but in some stores if you don't make a big deal about being caught they will hit you with a civil demand instead of pressing charges. However, if you leave then they will certainly press charges.

Civil demand isn't fun either as it's typically the value of what you stole times ten. But it's better than a fine plus jail plus a record.

yeah i didnt think about it either. i dont steal because not nigger

Yep but I never steal so I don't have to worry about that, honestly showing my ticket didn't bother me at first -- it's when I'd be in a line of people during busy hours, i just started walking out. Someone tried to yell at me to stop and it bugged me enough to have me walk past them every single time now. Honestly though, most people don't say anything even if they were looking at me ready to check my receipt.

Bullshit. Everywhere in the US it is legal to detain a suspected shoplifter. Most companies have internal policies against this incase someone does detain someone illegally (ie no actually suspicion of shoplifting, but because the employee doesn'doesn't like them) they don't want the liability of an untrained person detaining people, but it is tItaly legal to detain a person provided you contact the police as soon as possible.

nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/three-walmart-employees-charged-after-florida-shoplifter-dies-n622191

bawhahaha

shoplifters win again

fuck cucks who pay for shit

Better yet, if they say to sign the civil demand OR they will contact the police, you have them for extortion.

i hope minimum wage was worth prison

The shoplifter didn't win in this case, the shoplifter fucking died.

>Everywhere in the US it is legal to detain a suspected shoplifter
as long as you have reason to suspect them
if they can't provide any evidence that you were shoplifting my previous post is 100% valid
and guess what
if you aren't a nigger (aka stealing shit) then there is no evidence of you shoplifting
and you can figuratively push their shit in

i always win you blithering zero

At my store we only stop for big items (stuff not in bags)

but as other people said.. if you say "im not showing you shit" and keep walking then they can't really stop you.

>source: I work at Wal-Mart

Because you are on their property and in so doing consent to their rules. Fam. Uhh.

>shoplifter dies
>shoplifters win again
I think you're too high if that was the mestage you got from that article

>semi-public location
>checking receipts not explicitly posted
try again faggot

stores bazaars have had visits from thieves since cave men set up their first veggy,meat & animal skins roadside markets 1-200k years ago,walmart has one gumshoe to put at the entrance & exit door,vs a dozen or so floor walkers,the customer most pissed off by the system is the one who shops with a bookbag,damn stores load you up with 4 or 5 tiny to big plastic baggies & get you outa there in the shortest time possible. fkcn crooks

you fucks have no idea about "Shrink" .. which is what they call it at Wal-mart

stores constantly shrink out over a million dollars a year.

thats why they check your bags.

By being place where you go onto their private property and receiving goods from the store. They could legally say they are not yours until you leave the store.. you pay for them at the register, then they become your belongings once you leave. Many businesses operate this way, namely fast-food restaurant.. you pay.. wait.. then you get your item.

By shopping there, you are agreeing to this. If you do not agree to it, you have the legal right to return all the items and get your money back before leaving.

>They could legally say they are not yours until you leave the store.. you pay for them at the register, then they become your belongings once you leave
no dumb fuck
the items become yours the instant the cashier takes your money
yes they can claim that you haven't paid for them
but if they were dumb enough to claim that the items were still theirs until you left the store that opens them up for theft charges

> What on God's green Earth gives Walmart the right to stop me and check my bags as I leave the store?

Earth is blue.

God doesn't exist.

Fuck you, op.

>omg you used an idiom, you're retarded for believing the literal meaning of the idiom.
make like a banana and an hero

.....FOR THE LAND OF THE
>FREE

That's not true though.
Go to starbucks. You pay first.. the item is prepaired, then you get you item.

I work at a store where some of the items we have to buy a slip, then come back later with the slip and purchase them.
There is no legal necessity that states that the items are yours the moment you pay for them. Walmart is DEBTED to give you your items in any period of time. If they make you wait in a long line and you end up saying "fuck it.. not worth it" then you have the right to go back, return the items, and get your money back.

Additionally, you do not pay for the bags, and the bags themselves can be considered store property for as long as they want.

If you bring your own bag and stuff the wallmart bags you recieve into it, then sure, you can probably get away with it, but all they have to do is "no large bags" or put a up a sign that says "personal items will be checked before leaving this store." Most stadiums and theme parks to that. If you don't want it to be checked, you can return your items and get your money back.

give up. it's a losing battle.
This shit is ancient and the system is designed to close the loopholes you are trying to produce.

jesus fucking christ
learn some contract law
the instant money changes hands the party receiving the money is legally bound to provide you with w/e they took the money for
all those examples either have specific contractual terms that change the baseline purchase contract
the rest a legally obliged to provide you with w/e they promised to give you
if they refuse and offer you an exchange you can refuse the money and file suit for breach of contract
but you own the purchased item the instant you give money
walmart has no such "show a receipt" clause because they do not post signs at the entrances saying that you must present a receipt upon leaving the building
if they did then you would be right

lol

You are 100% right. Without the signs, they could, in fact, be sued for not stating in the contract that the items are not directly given to you upon purchase and remain store property as the recipet.
If they fail to allow you the item, that is breach of contract, but they are allowing you the item or return on payment, so they have not breached the contract.

You could theoretically refuse and sue them for breach of contract.. in which case you will be issued a return of the price of items purchased that you never brought out of the store and the store would be obligated to put up signs that say "we check bags" as part of their business contract.

Alternativly, if you try to steal something, they catch you by searching your bags, you could sue for false contract, and they would sue for shoplifting. I'm sure you would rather not go to jail for a few years in order to get a small payout of a few thousand dollars, would prob not even cover your court costs. In the end they would probably drop the charges, then put up signs so it never happens again, and you would get a free TV that costs $30,000 (for legal fees) that's assuming you can win.