Just saw Neurosis live. AMA

Just saw Neurosis live. AMA.

Other urls found in this thread:

bc.ctvnews.ca/concert-review-sleep-envelops-vancouver-1.2226328
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DUDE PHASER PEDALS LMAO

They didn't actually use phaser pedals very much... or any pedals for that matter. Just a lot of feedback and support from their synth player.

Hey Joe, I'm glad you liked the show.

Do they still put on a good show?

Do you have any local Vancouver favorite albums this year? When I think of Vancouver I think of Nomeansno and thats about it.

or is Sumac your favorite? I didn't realize they were from there.

>Joe
My name is James. Where'd you get that from, m8?
Fuck yes. They closed their set with The Doorway and it blew my mind. They haven't aged a bit.
I enjoyed the new Sumac record. Anciients are from here too, but I've never been to big on them. Tim Hecker's also Vancouver alumni, but I didn't really like his newest one. Shame too because Virgins is in my Top 10.

Will you welcome refugees fleeing Trump's America?

Good stuff mate - i saw them in 2014 and it was one of the better live shows i've been to. Even with their age they are still unbelievably intense.

The doorway was about mid-set and it fucking blew me away, times of grace is a masterpiece

No, fuck off.

Totally. I forgot my earplugs and I'm probably going to have aneurysm well into tomorrow.
Nah, fuck em.

Unlucky mate, i saw sleep in 2013(?) without earplugs and i now have tinnitus... shit is no laughing matter. Pike is a fucking monster though.

Get a set of 'Hearos' or equivalent and dont leave em at home

Did you see Sleep in Vancouver? Because I'm pretty sure that was only early last year.

Nah im in Perth Australia, they've done 2 shows here since reforming and the first would've been close to 2012 or 2013 which is when my hearing got obliterated. Without a doubt the loudest band i've ever heard and the best tone i've ever heard, their second show was much quieter and just didn't have the same furosity.

Ayy, I saw em when they came to Van last year. I got my setlist signed.

Thats fucking sick! Good shit man, seen any other d00m/stoner bands lately? I just caught Acid King and Ufomammut/Monolord this year, Acid King have been on my bucket list for years and was stoked to finally see em. Tone for dayzzzzz

They played all of Dopesmoker? How long was that set? Holy shit.

I saw Uncle Acid later that year, and funnily enough (and you're gonna be jelly at me for this) I saw OM last month. What a fucking trip.

bc.ctvnews.ca/concert-review-sleep-envelops-vancouver-1.2226328
They only played an abbreviated live version (22 minutes).

I wanted to go to that OM show, but I was broke as hell.
Ohhh okay.

no jelly here m8 :^) i caught them here in early 2013 on the Advaitic Songs tour, i consumed a fair whack of mushrooms and they kicked in JUST as Al stumbled onto the stage, a fantastic show slightly ruined by some millennial douche jumping and going "whooooo" every minute. Someone dragged him aside to have a word with him and i never heard from him again so all good.

I saw Elder open for Earthless as well, that was one hell of a gig. Elder is a force to be reckoned with! Always wanted to see EW/Grails but the likelyhood of them lazy stoners coming to AUS is unlikely.