Scrubs: Season 9

What went so wrong?

wow nice shoop, m8! while I would have loved for there to be a season nine I think it's good that they ended it when they did rather than risk the show going on for too long and ending on a bad note

I really loved the series finale with J.D.'s montage of what his future could hold. It was such a perfect send-off to the show.

why couldn't they just fucking name it Scrubs: Med School

Honestly, the new focus on the interns wasn't THAT bad. It's just hard to take a show that revolved around so many good main characters and then switch ALL OF THEM to try to save the series. Some of them were actually decent, but without the main hook of JD/Turk it was pretty much doomed.

also, pic related is best new girl

>Not only did they get rid of most of the cast and replace them with cheap ripoffs, they couldn't even bring back the original set for Sacred Heart
Like, shit dude. It was as if they couldn't tell whether they wanted to break away and do something new, or try and be a faithful sequel. If it had all of the same cast as Season 9, but took place in the original Sacred Heart and had a few more of the bit characters like Keith and the guy who faked medical issues for painkillers, it still would've been shit but it would have at least felt like they were trying. Either you commit to trying to make it a ninth season of Scrubs, or you give it some shitty spinoff name. You can't have both ways, which is why it bombed

Eliza Coupe was teribble
Dave Franco was awful.
The series should have stopped at 4/5.

but 8 was a perfect ending.

dave franco was great in this. fuck you

>Dave Franco was awful.
Dave Franco is always awful

hi James Franco

Maybe something to do with focusing on a bunch of new characters nobody really gives a shit about. It's spinoff tier, just a ghost of what Scrubs was.

Also what made Scrubs special was JD always daydreaming and acting like a cute little girl and how that played off the other characters.

Eliza Coupe is ALWAYS best girl

>they had already ended the series before it was Frankenstein'd back
>they introduced a bunch f new characters, including a try hard female JD
>most others were hollow characters based on the aspects of other characters
It was a textbook example of taking something great and over doing it, ruining it

>the Book of Love is long and boring...

They managed to actually develop their characters over seven seasons, bringing them to satisfying ends. The world just didn't care enough about the new characters. It wasn't even bad desu

>seaon 9
>scrubs

pick one m8. The scrubs I know only has 8 seasons

>implying scrubs wasn't always shit

It's shit but it's hard to be mad.

Bill Lawrence has outright admitted he just did it because the writer's strikes were going on and he wanted to secure the Scrubs crew another year of work during a hazy time.

at least it was enjoyable shit.

9 wasn't enjoyable at all.

sheeeet, if that's how it was then I forgive them.

that episode was perfect

Honestly, I thought it had the same quality writing and directing as season 8 outside of the finale.
Which wasn't great but still watchable.

Lucy never felt like the main character despite the attempts to basically clone JD.

I liked Drew's character. Dude had hardships and even though he wasn't struggling for the same reasons as every one else. he still seemed to have had it hardest.

They all wanted out.

this

it's a kid's show for little cishet pissbabies