Which one do you use?

Which one do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(psychology)
alphagamers.net/threads/spotify-music-ver-6-0-0-864-mod.198693/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

YouTube

>paying for music

Yikes

Spotify. I'm anti-apple , I hope they leave the music business

>so poor he can't afford 10 bucks a month for unlimited music streaming

>paying for music

>he isn't poor
Sellout.

>paying for 0's and 1's

>renting music

01001010001000100100101001001000001000000110110101010110010010010101000100010000100010101010011101000100100100100XXXX
pay me 5 dollar on my ebay account to find out the missing 4 ones and 0ros

>renting music
This is the biggest problem.

spotify free desktop is perfect

spotify free phone app is perfectly decent

Why do people that use these services always make this argument? Don't they realise you don't need to pay for music streaming at all? Did the digital revolution simply not happen to them? It's not like spotify helps the artists either, the amount of money they get per play is pitiful. You're literally just throwing your money at middle-men who were made redundant by digital music formats.

Let's make a quick analogy here to help you understand. Everyone around you is breathing air for free. They can breathe all the air they want to for free. You decide instead that you're going to pay $10 a month to breathe air, and then when they ask why the fuck you would do that, you shout "you're just too poor to pay to breathe air".

¿Qué coño haces, friendo?

what do you think a concert is?

Are you comparing a live performance to listening to music on your phone?

no I'm comparing it to renting music

and you are aware that with bluetooth you can listen to music "on your phone" actually on your stereo, right?

i use apple because more exclusives.

neither one coz i will never run out of illegally uploaded youtube albums that i can browse for free until the end of times

also radio exists. so do i need to pay for music? no.

this tbqhwy

>exclusives
?

Soulseek

Because maybe, just maybe, they want to help pay the artists, even if it is minimal amounts for making the fucking music they made? I only torrent if the artists wont let me but their fucking music
Pic related

but you can buy the cd, no?

it's also about the convenience idiet

Spotify Premium and pirating

>paying for music you pretend to like

Apple Music

are you anti music streaming people also against netflix

fake it till you make it

This. After putting up with itunes and apple devices for years i completely avoid anything apple - now i use foobar2000 and have an android phone.
In a lot of instances there are albums i haven't been able to find on youtube, that are on spotify. Plus the layout of spotify is good, it's more music-centred and easier to use than youtube. Plus with premium you get 320kbps (highest quality on YT is 196kbps, and that depends on the file uploaded). It's just really great to be able to type in almost any album on spotify and have it immediately available to listen.
This as well. I never used to like jazz for instance but i forced myself to listen to it for a while and now i do.

I use Spotify for streaming, playlists and discovery
iTunes for podcasts
Google play for buying digital albums and supporting artists
Vinyl & CD because why wouldn't I
And I download from Soulseek and the Archive because I like free stuff every now and then

I've honestly never understood the hate towards streaming and probably never will.

You're retarded. Air is impossible to control. No one can create a monopoly or even polyopoly on air because it is physically impossible to take air away from someone (taking away their means of breathing is a different matter and has to do with interpersonal violence, which is illegal). Music on the other hand is entirely capable of being controlled by the industry.

Even if air could be sold in the manner of your analogy, it would be an inelastic good. People would pay their life savings for air because it's a necessity. Music is an elastic good, which means that as the market fluctuates, the demand for music will fluctuate with it. People don't need music to live; they do need air. Your analogy is awful.

Im not going throughs the hassle of buying a cd, burning it, then putting it on my phone/computer. With tool, id rather support them by going to concerts and maybe buying vinyls.

>type in almost any album on spotify and have it immediately available to listen.
the one and only argument for streaming.

my music player has a better layout than spotify, but downloading an album takes a minute instead of the seconds it would with Spotify

>air is impossible to control

user, you can't be this retarded to not understand a fucking analogy

>hassle
In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable—or even admirable and ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(psychology)

found the libertarian

>downloading an album takes a minute
How fast is your internet???

Not against it so much as I think people who use it are lazy, stupid, tech-illiterate, or all three.

He was showing that it was a shit analogy; which it was.

>Music on the other hand is entirely capable of being controlled by the industry.
Maybe in some dystopian comic-book hellscape but not here on Earth in the present time with the internet, user.

>but i forced myself to listen to it

holy autism

not very but mostly it depends on the fags on soulseek who i'm downloading from. i also account

lookup time -> search time -> look trough results time (not just with slsk) -> actual download time -> sorting time

that's a lot of shit compared to

click -> type -> click -> play
on Spotify

basically paying for convenience (and hoping the album will be there)

But there are only 16 possible iterations

????

figure them out yourself if u like, or send me the 5 buxx, poor wagecuck LOL

oh I'm sorry do you have to walk uphill both ways in the snow? not that this would even justify it but still.

If the copyright owners want you to have the album for free then they will provide it. End of story. Otherwise you are violating their rights.

My point it that I have no problem supporting artists, but if they make it hard for me to support them, Im not jumping through hoops

Best thing is buy cheap from amazon get download as well on account forever
Whereas lose iTunes folder / lose music
Or.... buy vinyl get download certificate

But amazon sucks

I'd open a cd shop

Autism.

spotify.

i'm not poor.

>iTunes
>Spotify
>pay the artists

Top kek.

GPM

>paying for lossy music

you can't make this shit up

None, I'm not a fucking idiot.

Convenience, some of us have jobs and don't have time to download and organise all the music we want to listen to.

>i'm poor

This.

10$ a month isn't shit, and not having to worry about downloading music and managing a library is fucking awesome. Plus I can upload anything it doesn't have, which is pretty rare anyway.

>paying for music

Tidal

every single service offers lossless music

even then, don't try to pretend you notice the difference

Some of us have jobs that are well payed enough to allow us to spend time enjoying our hobbies.

Apply yourself, you'll dig your way out of that Mcjob eventually.

If it's under 320 kbps, then your argument makes sense.

Clearly a teenager
Cleary never had a job that pays more than minimum wage

See
I have no problem with buying music. Buying it is great, if you can.
Streaming, or renting is fucking idiotic.

I don't get it. There's no downside to downloading everything for free, unless the police knock down your door. Space is cheap. It costs less money on the whole, at least. It's not like artists would get your money anyway, just the streaming service. That's why you go to concerts or buy merch, or actual physical copies of music from small labels you like.

Actually own your music and save money at once, fuck streaming desu

you probably also think there's no tanks in terraria don't you?

Projections so strong you should open a cinema.

/thread

ANYONE WHO DEFENDS STREAMING IS AN APPLEKEK WHO HAS AN iPHONE WITHOUT EXPANDABLE MEMORY

APPLE KEKED YOU ONCE FOR GIVING YOU A PHONE WITH NO SD SLOT AND IS KEKING YOUR SHIT AGAIN BY TAKING YOUR MONEY EVERY MONTH

And don't even get me started on the wireless headphones shit.

Spending half an hour a month on downloading and managing your collection costs more than streaming if you make at least average salary. Of course if you're a glorious NEET and your time is worthless, then it's "paying for music lol" and "not owning your music kek".

No, because most of the shows on Hulu/Netflix I can't find online. Most music you can find online by simply putting "zip" or "rar" after it when googling.

>I like being robbed for music with artifacts

That's a good point, it is basically no money. Ok, then just owning your own music is good enough for me. Hell, I buy CDs. The collector's impulse isn't a bad thing

>Apple Music is on Android
I dun ged it.

You could be using your time on Sup Forums to download music.

Also, if you truly were so financially stable, you'd know better than to spend $120/year needlessly on something you can easily get for free.

Thank god for these services. Now I can listen to any music available on iTunes, anywhere, without a computer, without taking up any space on my phone, with all the convenience in the world in my pocket.

I use Apple Music. Got the 5 dollar discount at least. 60 dollars is chump change for how many hours of enjoyment I get out of this service. Well worth it over downloading everything like used to imo. Fuck wasting all that time organizing and finding quality versions of new music.

It's like I'm reading an ad.

*tips fedora*

Again, "for free" is if you don't value your time whatsoever. I too was quite fond of building my music collection and meticulously tagging it while in college. Nowadays I'd rather pay $10 for someone else to do it and spend my time doing something I enjoy, even if it is autistic shitposting on Sup Forums.

>spend my time doing something I enjoy
>I too was quite fond...
not much of an argument to be had then, as you understand

I'm not an Ad user but don't look at my file name k?

I agree tho; finishing a pitch with something, "and it all fits inside your market" is market-y af

for any cheap ass(like me) who wants to listen to music on Spotify without any ads and it beeing shuffled on their android phone: alphagamers.net/threads/spotify-music-ver-6-0-0-864-mod.198693/

Why not? Collecting because you enjoy collecting is great. Arguing that it's more financially sound than using streaming is silly.

ads and personal endorsements are one in the same in the world of marketing big guy

wow, i can't believe all you guys actually listen to music. music is trash anyways

lolrote so true haha

Spotify

r u dumb

spotify is freaking awesome. Even though it doesn't have some artist, it's pretty cool actually and one of the most comfortable ways to listen to music on a phone while not using all your data.

Also, I pay for it but share it with other friends. There are currently 4 people using my same account, so yeah I mean, it's really cool. And the interface is beautiful too.

Apple music is better, i have the 256gb iphone now so i don't need it anymore though

I use both, but Spotify has the better playlists.

Oh ok so basically you're a total pleb who is incapable of hearing audio quality differences. You probably listen to music on YouTube too.

Spotify with an ad-blocker

Spotify. I just payed a buck for 3 months so why no? It's very good when I'm not at my room and playing music through chrome cast. When I don't have premium I just download cracked apk and patch the Windows app.

>Spotify. I just payed a buck for 3 months so why not?
Me too. It's not perfect but still well worth it mostly because I get free data for it with my phone.

For everyone talking about how they download music to save money, you do realize that you can just hop on TOR and buy a spotify/apple music/tidal account for like $3? If I'm going to steal, why wouldn't I just steal that way?

these guys get it

>he didn't put a 128gb sd card into his phone and load it up with tons of music from soulseek that he got for free.

Am I evil for torrenting?

>he's friendo
leave this board and never return