Bought this house - Whats downside of new build houses ?

Bought this house - Whats downside of new build houses ?

Not on the in Hull - in another North Yorkshire town

I got a new build, quite a few snagging issues but they'll fix all those for free pretty quickly. No other downsides I've experienced really. Enjoy your new house!

Just genral decor issues ?

Thin as shit walls but at least they'll be vertical. Bought a 1950's house and plastering that bastard was a pain in the arse.

Yup, nothing major. Few paint scuffs and chips, a scratched window pane. All sorted week one.
Actually one other downside, mine is one of 1000 new homes, so there's still some building going on nearby after over a year and a half. Upside is that new builds have good enough double glazing/insulation I never hear them...

yea we going to be in a building site for 3 years i think lol

the problem with mass produced homes like this in a cookie-cutter neighborhood is the builders want to finish them quickly so by the time they are halfway thru the development they are doing shoddy work to "get it done" so if yours is one of the last houses to be built chances are its got issues. cause they are on that deadline to finish

Its not too bad as long as you got it on H2B.

It will be covered by the NHBC warranty so it won't be too big of an issue.

If you can afford not to use help to buy then don't use it, you'll be better off

yeah but after that 3 year warranty period you are fucked especially if your foundation starts to sag

Nhbc is 10 years

why do you post this shit every night?

Most people looking for a first house can't afford not to you use it and it isn't that bad.

diff peoples opinions and advise obvioulsy

Yea we have put down 44K for 15% deposit

Yeh true, help to buy is a great way of getting on the ladder

God damn that looks like the most generic cookie cutter Sims garbage I've ever seen. Why would you ever buy this let alone have some poor bastards build it and continue to fill this world with soulless eyesores god fuck

sorry its not to your standard ! would love to see your house !

And getting on the ladder in not particularly easy in these trying time. Although Resi sales have actually gone up post brexit, surprisingly.

How do you think the house prices will hold when we leave ?

They will go down the shitter for a few months just like all the major house builders have,

Although it really depends on whether the banks will continue lending.

>Whats downside of new build houses ?
It can have issues, but you might not notice them until there are very visible signs.
On the plus side, you will find out pretty quickly from neighbours if there are common issues and the builders will fix them at little to no cost.

Oh, even though it is a bit late, check if there is/how close you are to social housing, this will help you determine whether you are likely to have little shits on their bikes and scooters, or if you will get robbed.