R&R Hall of Fame inductees include Pearl Jam and Journey

usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/12/20/rock-and-roll-hall-fame-taps-tupac-journey-pearl-jam/95616556/

There is no God...

>tupac

>REEE THE R&R HOF SNUBBED MY FAVORITE OBSCURE HIPSTER NO-NAME BAND THAT 99% OF ROCK MUSIC LISTENERS DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YET AGAIN I AM SO ANGRY REEEEE

kill yourself

pearl jam is good tho

>tupac
how do you even explain this shit

Leave

>disco group Chic rejected after being nominated 9x

It'll never happen because the HoF is controlled by Jan Wenner's crew and he still has it in for disco 40 years later.

>Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
>Journey
>rock and roll
>Journey

Something does not compute here.

Why has it taken this long for Yes to be inducted?

Prog sucks? IDK.

What's wrong with Pearl Jam?

The Rock and Roll hall of fame is something for rolling stone tier dad rockers. I don't know why anyone else would care. Its not the Smithsonian or anything.

there's literally nothing wrong with dont stop believing

Frontiers [Columbia, 1983]

For those of you who truly thought the jig was up this time, I'll remind you of how much worse it could be--this top 10 album could be outselling Thriller or Flashdance or Pyromania. My suggestion is for Steve Perry to run as a moderate Republican from say, Nebraska, where his oratory would garner excellent press, and then, having shed his video game interests, ram the tape tax through. D+

Power rankings
ELO = Yes > Tupac > Joan Baez = Pearl Jam >>>>>>> Fuckin' Journey

Joan Baez is cancerous, but at least she does have some cultural significance. Most of the others...do not.

Don't Stop Believing is complete and utter shite. I would genuinely take more enjoyment with shoving genuine excrement down my earholes than having to listen to that tripe ever again.

Journey had a lot of hits but that's the only one most people nowadays know. If you live in the Bay Area though, the local CRR stations play all of their hits. Yuck.

I mean, come on. I'm not a bubblehead chick that reads romance novels.

how are you little babies so late with the world of music? Rappers have been going into the R&R HOF for a while now fyi

Alice in Chains>Nirvana>Pearl Jam=Soundgarden

because i haven't been paying attention to this crap

well lucky for you literally no one under the age of 40 cares about this shit, every big name rapper and band ever will be in there one day, whether they're actually good or not

Soundgarden are better than Pearl Jam. I'd say peak Soundgarden tops the lot of 'em.

AiC>Soundgarden>Nirvana=Pearl Jam

>Somebody sounds pissed that most mu-core will never, ever be considered for nomination.

Soundgarden>AiC>Pearl Jam>nirvana
Face it; Kurt was way overrated for that era and forever.
Soundgarden went through the majority of their discography without the amount or radio/video airplay that Nirvana had and are still a better group than Nirvana ever were.

grunge is just bad in general so your whole little chart doesnt matter

>Soundgarden = AiC = Pearl Jam = Nirvana

Soundgarden defied the grunge genre. At varying times their music was rock, metal, indy and grunge.
Sorry about your lack of musical taste.

grunge isnt a genre

soundgarden is definitely more advanced though

>he doesn't like Don't Stop Believin'

plebs itt desu

I mean, he's not wrong. Journey is trash.

>subgenre
>still better than 99% of all mu-core

Soundgarden>Alice in Chains>Nirvana>Pearl Jam

This is the objective truth.

Nobody will ever believe that Kurt was anything but a whiny emo bitch who knew his best years/songs were history and kissed the business end of a shotgun. Good fucing riddance to him.

They're inducting Yes so that's good.

who gives a single goddamn shit about the rock and roll hall of fame. it means nothing

Journey is good though.

Nirvana = sometimes
Pearl Jam = other times
Soundgarden = only if heard on radio
Alice in Chains = never
buttrock is awful.
Nirvana were the only ones that thought they were playing punk. The rest of em knew they were writing anthems for pigfuckers and hay bale handlers.

I notice also that Christgau didn't like any of those guys other than Nirvana because he wasn't fooled by them and realized that they were thinly-disguised buttrock, sometimes bordering on assrock.

true. even Cobain said that PJ and AiC were fraudulent bands made up of ex-hair metal guys.

Alice in Chains>Soundgarden>Pearl Jam>Nirvana

PJ's Black is the best song any of them ever made though aside from Nutshell