What does Sup Forums think of Audioslave?

What does Sup Forums think of Audioslave?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i0L2Kc9kQt8
youtube.com/watch?v=R_J1F6fShLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=i0L2Kc9kQt8

Chris Cornell had definitely lost a step or two in the voice department by the early 2000s. See here how he can't come close to sounding like the record.

It's pretty good

I wish Rick Rubin wasn't the one who produced it, but that'd be impossible since he's the sole reason this supergroup exists in the first place.

I still can't fathom how Rage Against The Machine, a band known for having one of the most well-produced albums of all time, pairs up with Chris Cornell, a very talented vocalist, and ends up making very dull sounding post-grunge that's horribly produced. I really wish it wasn't as mediocre as it ended up being.

One of the bands I just can't stand. Chris Cornells voice is just unbearable for me

Rubin made the mix way too flat. He takes all the life out of the songs, especially the faster tracks. The slow tunes like "I Am The Highway" have a lot of that sparse feel he always did with the slower RHCP songs.

As for the rest, most of it can be blamed on Cornell who came up with the name for the group and the weird, nonsensical lyrics about death and highways. Also Tom Morello's playing is not quite as good as it was in the 90s.

I love Cochise, but that's not the greatest performance of the song.

>lifeless crowd
>Chris's voice is really weak and almost inaudible

why is rick rubin one of the biggest producers in the world? i don't think i've ever heard anyone say a nice thing about his production style.

The lifelessness is exactly what I hate about it. It's the emptiest thing I've ever listened to. I'd rather listen to something bad enough to make me laugh than something that's just plain and dull.

The lyrics didn't aggravate me all too much, they were just "sorta there" for the most part. However, Cornell's voice sounded weaker than usual (I'm also sad he's never gonna be able to hit those magical high notes like he used to in Soundgarden's earlier albums), and yeah, Tom Morello definitely wasn't trying that hard.

Really, it just astonishes me how everything about this album just went completely wrong. That mixing especially.

he is the phil spector of our time

Chris was a god-level vocalist live in 1992, but I think it did catch up to him eventually.

IAF, it was an outdoor performance on a hot day at the end of a set. They and all their instruments were probably wrapped in a choking blanket of humidity, plus they were likely exhausted.

>this entire thread

really good short lived supergroup
youtube.com/watch?v=R_J1F6fShLs

He was good in the 80s-90s, since then he only gets hired based on his name. I think those Johnny Cash albums were the last real accomplishment of his career.

Also see Corey Taylor's hilarious recollections of working with Rick Rubin and what a useless sack of shit he was.

it's SHIT

Audioslave [Epic/Interscope, 2002] *bomb*

Out of Exile [Epic/Interscope, 2005] *bomb*

based christgau

hes a pro at sniffing out buttrock

Only good thing about the band is Chris Cornell, the other 3 musicians are basically travelling carnies who hop from project to project (Rage against the machine) with no discernable style of their own. Basically Soundgarden-lite with a few decent singles. Might as well just call it the Chris Cornell band.

It doesn't get buttier than Audioslave (in fact they border on assrock), but somehow they get a pass because their members played in respected bands unlike, say, Puddle of Mudd.

>assrock
lel that's a new one
What would qualify something as assrock

Assrock would be AC/DC or Kiss level of mindless rock for 50 IQ people.

My favorite band when I was 12

Didn't he produce that Slayer album, Reign In Blood, so well that he helped them in basically pioneering Death Metal and decent produced metal albums as a whole?

this is the most kissless virgin post currently outside of /r9k/

>is it a cure or is it a disease
>NAIL IN MY HEAD FROM MY CREATOR

Sup Forums would rightfully call it a great album if not for shitfork's ridiculously low rating of it

Yeah, but Reign in Blood still sounds like shit (good songs though). He ruined Deloused in the Comatorium as well. There are no dynamics on the album whatsoever. Of course we can't forget about Californication which sounds like a damn YouTube rip.

Fuck you, I like it

In that Spector produced tracks aged like hot garbage, yes.

Christgau thinks Phil Spector ruined rock and roll by making it overproduced.

That is why he created the best vocals (at least top 5) Bond song 10 years ago right?

That said it happens to every high pitched singer sadly, I mean time hasn't been kind to Motown singers, or Steve Perry, or Geddy Lee.