An obscure artist you like gets sampled by someone famous and they suddenly get tons of attention

>An obscure artist you like gets sampled by someone famous and they suddenly get tons of attention

What's their name, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fKXW8cdwjb0
youtube.com/watch?v=Lj4vNLkr2Kc
youtube.com/watch?v=Yr_kUXCwZDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That pic makes me laugh and puke at the same time.

imogen heap

This Heat getting sampled by Danny Brown helped pull a bit more light on them

The Cosmic Psychos. They were very influential on the Seattle grunge scene
youtube.com/watch?v=fKXW8cdwjb0

I like the artist Chandra, who was a 12 year old living in No Wave era NYC and recorded an EP with a local dance-punk band. It was pretty unknown until the Avalanches decided to sample it on their really shitty comeback album and now everything related to it has "DAE Avalanches?" commented on it.

no, that tv show made her famous first

>>An obscure artist you like gets sampled by someone famous and they suddenly get tons of attention
this used to bother me but with the internets way of discarding things quickly. the artist usually goes back to being nobody in a month or two

Kanye sampling King Crimson & Daft Punk, basically

which ye song samples Crimson? I'm guessing it's from MBDTF

>obscure

I already knew about her. Also, Wildflower is good.

Power

lil peep white wine samples the glow pt2. Granted the microphones aren't too obscure, but phil is probably obscure to most not on this board.

Not very obscure, but Drake sampling Sampha's Too Much sort of ruined his fanbase. Although, Sampha chose to work with Kanye so I don't know what he wants.

Paul Lansky

2 live crew sampled eddie van halen monster riff

see

You heard of them?

Sampha got bigger than he ever was after Nothing was the Same released though?

yes, van halen not obscure

Kanye west sampled fucking Arthur Russell

granted it wasn't from calling out of context(his best album)

You're the exception to the rule then, before the Subways release and the Vice article most of the people that knew about it were people into the East Village history.

Wildflower was not good overall, and I was a fan of their debut. Which increases my bitterness.

Of course, it's immature to be upset over something getting attention, but it's nice to appreciate something with a bunch of people who also have a lot of love for the rest of the scene instead of having everyone scared off by a bunch of tourists, y'know?

surprised that nobody has posted this yet

>The madness subsides by Pekka Pohjola
My father owned that record since he was a fan of Wigwam and it was one that he listened to a lot when i was younger

then i found out DJ shadow sampled it, midnight in a perfect world

Was Daft Punk even really that obscure?

Holy shit he sampled this heat? What album/song was it?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lj4vNLkr2Kc

no, daftpunk was not obscure. shit, they had a no.1 charting song in the 90s and have been known since

drake sampling jai paul on dreams money can buy didnt get him a ton of attention (at least not any more than he was currently getting) but every time i hear it come on i think its jai paul, total tease

i mean jai only has 2 "official songs" released majority of ppl don't even know about his demos
really doubt drake fans are gonna search the web for them.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=Yr_kUXCwZDo

Right? That's what I thought. I always thought it was weird whenever you meet anyone who hasn't heard of them at all.

Yeah, that's my point. I love his music but his fanbase has basically become full of Drake and Kanye fans.

this guy doesn't even have an EP worth of songs and faggots everywhere were talking like we lost some once in a generation talent when he stopped making music

Yeah, I was rec'd the Transportation EP through RYM for some reason a couple years back.

I must admit I'm a fan of the latter two and don't see the appeal in Sampha, great vice and nice melodies but he's not crooning over any beat that much differently than most R&B artists today

For me it's his voice and his piano compositions, both of which I find stunning. His recent stuff, like Blood On Me, has become more well-produced and electronic. I really enjoy it.

Adderall Admiral on XXX if that's what you meant

I'll have to check out his latest project one day then I've only listened to his features

I think like Earl Sweatshirt and Mac Miller both sampled Black Moth Super Rainbow so now their fans are into them and it's :/

>this heat
>obscure

Yeah I got it thank you I've only listened to atrocity ex bc of the hype train might give this a listen

Yeah, I have never really liked him as a feature that much. His feature on Solange's song was good though. His chorus on Saint Pablo is good but it just didn't fit imo.

by mainstream standards they are