youtube.com/watch?v=froRs3_jDTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OrQ-d2PBUto
youtube.com/watch?v=T5cl97H-YtE
youtube.com/watch?v=8NUgB_xkIvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

not really
they're vans used by private companies

No, we use personal, human-powered buses to get to school.

So would a large school employ a ton of vans or something?

No, to be eligible for transport to school, you need to live in the middle of nowhere pretty much.

this i think

Interesting concept
I think the average here is like 3 miles away from the school to ride a bus.

In middle school I lived 9 miles away from school, I wasn't fixin to be biking that.

We have school trams.

It's pretty strict too.

For high school, where a lot of students live pretty far away from school (not all municipalities have them, I had to go to the neighboring city) you can be issued a special public transport card that's basically unlimited within your province, except on weekends and calendar holidays. This is strict too, I remember reading about some guy like 2 years ago who lived around 100 meters too close to qualify.

No, if its like Brazil, the parents pay a monthly fee.

The vans have absolutely nothing to do with the schools.

I dont know what happen to this ones
If the school is private they will use buses or vans, depending on the school size
But most kids and will use public transport, its no rare sight to see dozens of kids on one bus or the metro

yep. and you see them all blocking the streets when it's leave time, full of jolly light brown kids

some schools prefer to work with a certain company to avoid responsibility issues with unknown ones
but yeah it's the parents that deal with the transportation co. itself, not the school. the parents can decide to not be included in the transportation system and usually teens take the public bus

I can walk past 5 schools in 10 minutes

Same here but some kids will try to get selected for better schools, or pay a private school that is further away
If kid is dumb as bricks and has bad grades, he will be assigned at any school with room left, may be very close or very far

Yes, we have so much that the older ones are sold for public transport, the famous "chicken buses" wich can get very colorful.

>9 miles = 14.5 km
I had to cycle the next town over to get to middle school, about 16 km, through windy farmland, and rain.
Builds character.

Yes we have them here so we can ship beaners 20 miles away from the ghetto into good schools (all welfare paid) so they can scream and throw shit on the walls, fail all the classes, sell drugs, beat people up and get free lunches

Only in rural areas maybe. Usually school is in walking distance from apartment like 5 minutes.

We have children railroads. Fully operated by kids.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_railway

Cities here usually make kids within a mile walk to school.

That's not very far.

Was it uphill both ways?

High school was like a 35 minute walk away for me, walked it a few times when I missed the bus.

private school only

they are orange

Why not take regular bus?

>uphill
There is no uphill here.
My route went through places tike pic related

Also,
>uphill both ways?

I used to bike that every day to school.

That must suck to wake up in the morning.
>short bus

You guys must suck. I live 1 hour walk from school and I had a schoolbus and if you were late just ask a regular bus that you are late and they'll let you go for free.

If I missed the bus after school a teacher would usually drop me off

it would take longer to walk to the bus stop, wait for the bus, and then ride the bus

He obviously means this.

Some use school buses, other private vans

Russian, are you trying to reach Jap levels of perv?

Valley between two hills.

Right.
Not acclimated with heights.

So I see all these buses and private vans are missing stop signs on the side. Here the school buses have stop signs that fold out the sides. These stop signs are like red lights and all lanes on your side of the road have to stop, if there is no median like 2 lanes of opposite traffic everyone has to stop. Running past those stops signs is a traffic crime and the police will fuck you if they see you doing it.

There is nothing perv about that. Children study in summer railroad school learn how railroads work and get profession. They can attend railroad-related unis without exams after such school.
And people can ride that railroad as attraction.

I think that is just an American thing.

lol as a kid i thought that only existed in movies

Not usually, but the ones we do are just regular with "escolar" written on it.

>caring about children safety
well.. no, not in my country at least, nope

>>That must suck to wake up in the morning.
>07:30
>nearing winter, it's only getting colder
>30 m/s winds
>rain
>mfw

Any steam trains where the kids have to shovel coal?

netherflats

I meant the picture of young girls in uniform, where the one in focus is facing away.

they are like this

It was a 50 minute walk for me. I just had my parents call more sick when i missed the bus

odd

normally european govts are much more likely to pay for something like this

no.
but you can take steam train from Moscow to Tehran or to far east
goldeneagleluxurytrains.com/
Specially for rich foreigners.

It's not all biking. A lot of 16 year olds in the Netherlands get a scooter.

youtube.com/watch?v=vV2_TQ0L48Q

It's confy

Not as comfy as biking though.

youtube.com/watch?v=froRs3_jDTQ

>confy
comfy*
VERY comfy

if I took a leak in one of those fields would your country flood?

Busetas are more of a colombian thing

It would be extremely painful.

Peeing drunks fall into rivers and canals all the time.

If i went for a casual stroll in NZ would I fint the ring?

the ring was destroyed retard

There was one in my school, but that was a Catholic School. I don't think the normal schools had it

I'll tell you whether i visit this summer

Sorry for getting your national history wrong.

This is now a biking thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=OrQ-d2PBUto

At 16-17 you may as well get a Japanese shitbox to drive to school

You need to be 18 for that here. But most 18 year olds don't mind biking instead. Because parking is expensive, gas is expensive and no cop complain when you're biking drunk.

Go to the transportation board you autist

This is incredibly comfy

All the high school in my area have parking lots on school ground for student drivers. You do pay a one time fee for the year though.

have each one a personal bike or you can choose any bike?

What happens if somebody wears a bicycle helmet in Netherlands?
Are they ridiculed by other cyclists?

It doesn't happen. I've never seen someone bike with a helmet in my life, except some tourists in Amsterdam.

Biking in Amsterdam is suicide so they might as well ride without a helmet anyway.

>Are they ridiculed by other cyclists?
Maybe by kids.

do you also have hospitals staffed by scantily dressed teen nurses?

Oops, didn't mean to post that. That's where my high school was, where i had to bike to past lots of farms.

Most people own a bike. But bikes tend to get stolen. I remember it was something like 800.000 stolen bikes a year on a population of 17mil.

would've been cooler video if they used this soundtrack: youtube.com/watch?v=T5cl97H-YtE

No. But that's how soviet school uniform looks like. Japan-tier.

i also have a scooter. i ride it at walmart

Disgusting outfit

hot

anymore?

I don't believe you.

Fucking nice.

A flat road for 15 kilometres or whatever is pretty nice, and damn, that countryside is beautiful.

just google "soviet school uniform"

Why not?

Not him, but I used to bike that as well. Almost every day. From De Meern to Woerden. That's about 14km. Took me 45 minutes I think.

Yeah, why not?

They don't even have any hills, that's super easy biking.

this was my bus guys. please grade.
i always wondered why it was so short.
mom said it is for safety.

How frequent were the lynchings?

The precise road from my old home to my old school is 7,64 miles (12,3 km) according to maps. So it's actually a bit less.

You what nigga

Cute.
How in sweet fuck do you pronounce those words?

jap girls wear sailor shirts and collars and soviet girls wore french maid outfits
... i'll never understand asians

The japs based there uniforms off of old british sailor uniforms.

The Soviets used those girls in strange jewish sex orgies

This

youtube.com/watch?v=8NUgB_xkIvU

A lot of kids also bike together. They just pick each other up at their house. When you're biking with two others then you can chat all the way.

not dedicated, but they schedule the morning busses so kids can reach school on time ones
far districts have some rented busses bussing around though

The same, in which case the transport is usually a taxi cab.

Otherwise public transport, or family school run, or bicycle or by foot. 15 yos can drive 50cc mopeds, 16 yos light motorcycles or microcars.

Here at the countryside I've seen some farm boys arriving with fuckhuge tractors as their personal transport. A tractor or two looks funny at first, but when sometimes the tractor lineup grows up to 20 or more it starts to look pretty awesome.