Recently discovered Nick Drake and hes a fucking musical genius...

Recently discovered Nick Drake and hes a fucking musical genius. I feel shitty for even being one of many millennials that recently discovered his music and becoming a part of a once nearly non-existent audience now composed of hipsters.

Can anyone suggest to me similar acoustic folk artists? This man is a fucking legend.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2JjJPDz3EE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fO7ih6Nu3MA
youtu.be/21HwdNkzYq0
youtube.com/watch?v=GGRbPYhHM64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jackson c frank is basically the same thing in that no one gave a shit then his music got re-released
youtube.com/watch?v=fO7ih6Nu3MA

Wait until you discover his sister.

inb4 Elliot Smith

thanks man! Really enjoyed this actually. Adding to my spotify playlist.

I thought you were kidding but that's actually his fucking sister lmao. That's pretty cool he had an actress of a sister. Talent must run in the family

his mum was also a good musician

Jackson C Frank
Judee Sill
Connie Converse
Molly Drake
the list could go on

not acoustic folk in particular but you may like pic related

If my sister looked liked this i would be a "virgin" too.

All she had to do was give him one blowie and he'd still be alive

ugh, beautiful man. Wish he was still alive. Poor bastard overdosed on happy pills

you just know

>talent in his family
His parents were rich that's all you need

>Passing up a chance to get with Francoise

I'd off myself too

Why did houses back then always look so goddamn cluttery and depressing.

Umm go ahead and link me to the soundcloud of you singing beautifully while playing complicated fingerpicking patterns, not missing a single note, in 20 different tunings most of which you made up.

same position without the guitar 4 hours later alone in his room.

Why is it always the spoiled rich kids that act like their lives are so miserable and tortured that they can't live on?

a 50 dollar guitar and practice is all you need

thats just the english, man

>material possessions = healthy mental state and happiness

Nick actually flubbed a few notes on some songs on Pink Moon.

Welcome to English interior deco

regardless, nick drake songs are pretty complicated and hard to play, not to mention singing in perfect harmony at the same time

>inb4 durhurr no theyre ez without linking a personal cover

Join me on the couch, user.

nah m8 Im in the woods and its cold as fuck

*teleports behind you*

nothing personnel, kid

>Molly teaches young teen Nick and Gabrielle how to fuck
>she corrects Gabrielle's insufficient blowjobs by taking the charge in helping her son finish
>not long after this incident the three of them are regularly having illicit sexual encounters

>His parents were rich that's all you need
This is the truth, think of all the talentless kids who get by so easily because of mommy and daddy's help while all the poor musicians have to scrape along for years to even get noticed by anyone.

There are many Nick Drakes, most unheard because they have no glamorous back story.

Not saying that nick isn't talented. He definitely was
I was just saying that becoming an actress from a rich family isn't very hard

Nick was able to afford recording his albums.

>Can I touch it Nick?

which is why the amount of great music is exponentially growing now that anyone with a pirated DAW can make music right?

Guys come on I didn't fock me sistah

Check out john fahey, fantastically melodic fingerpicking

youtu.be/21HwdNkzYq0

What about mommy?

yes you did

Her nipples kind of look like little pink moons

Bought a pretty awesome book yesterday about him. Edited by his sister contains a bunch of personal stuff and in depth interviews with friends/family

>Edited by his sister
She probably took out all the stuff hinting at their sexual relation

Where do you think he got the inspiration other than sucking on them?

>Jackson C Frank

Something straight out of a Nabokov novel

>implying you didn't grow up in a house that looked better than

Gosh, it's so heartbreaking what Molly went through. She seemed like a really nice woman. I hope she was aware of Nick's increasing popularity by the time of her death.

Also, what book is this?

Have you heard of time?

What do you think the worst poem she wrote or the worst lyrics Nick wrote were like, they must have had some absolutely shit pieces to make stuff that good. Right?

This was his house.

>pic related

Thats my point. We are the spoiled ones.

>He then said (heart rendingly) 'Its the only thing I know I can do well'

:-(

Oh I'm sure they did, I mean a lot of nicks lyrics are meh on their own but become something much more with his singing/music

This one: And ya it's pretty heart-breaking reading all this cause his friends and family all really loved and cared about him but it didn't help

...music for old man
check out Michael Chapman
youtube.com/watch?v=GGRbPYhHM64

>I feel shitty for even being one of many millennials that recently discovered his music and becoming a part of a once nearly non-existent audience now composed of hipsters
Why the fuck does this matter?

Yeah I guess it's all about the get up and go to make things

Pretty sure that's self-deprecating humour.

Townes Van Zandt is a spiritual cousin to Drake. His music's darker in some places though and he didn't have lady problems like Nick did.

The fact that I didn't know of him sooner, it's plenty easy to comprehend.

fucking LOOOOVE THIS 10/10 thank you!

His audience being hipsters has no bearing on the matter though. Sounds like you're being needlessly self-conscious.

It's just a fucking joke dude, I'm cracking fun at myself. Lighten up. Bet you're a nice guy to have a drink with.

I bet she doesn't even fucking listen to any of that
How I would love to see her get interviewed by a talk show host and have them ask a surprise question about Nick Drake or the Stooges off her post and have her talk out her ass.

WTF, I love Miley now!

Holy shit man, who cares

you, obviously caring enough to reply to it

I've been done

Iggy Pop is pretty mainstream, that's not really a surprise and Nick Drake has a massive cult following on the internet. I'm more surprised about her listening to Modern Lovers.

I heard he wouldnt take showers, clip his nails or change his clothes for weeks at a time when his depression got bad

I don't do that either and i'm not even depressed. Just lazy.

Elliott Smith
Jackson Frank
Townes Van Zandt

Thanks very much to the user posting these photos from the book he got. Great stuff.

You're very welcome user, I'm really surprised how in depth it is, not just about his life but the music too, happy to share it with you all

I think it's fair to say that Pink Moon is one of the most bittersweet and despairing albums every put on record.

yeah it's gross

This. You are just making up a boogeyman for why you shouldn't listen to someone. Either he gets popular and you hear of him or you don't hear of him at all.

I'd give my pinky to live in a house like that. What is wrong with that?