UNSCHEDULED OFFWORLD ACTIVATION!

UNSCHEDULED OFFWORLD ACTIVATION!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(broadcasting)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Indeed

Reminder that a few times they fucked up and said "unauthorized offworld activation"

What does everyone think of The Ark of Truth? Despite it being heavily flawed (Replicators? Really?) I enjoyed it well enough. Continuum was a better film, though

Pretty much the same. I appreciated what they tried to do with the b plot on Odyssey, (die hard/first contact) but the replicators were too much. Also could've used more Daniel hamming it up over the ethical dilemma of using the Ark.

I thought the new Stargate was really getting into the swing of things. If I recall correctly the original plan was to cancel SG-1 at season 8 and have a spinoff called Stargate command. I kind of wish that had been what happened.

Universe would have been neat if something significant or cool would happen. Jesus christ my heart broke when that show sucked, i knew it was the end. The series couldn't survive such a colossal failure like that.

>Continuum
this movie is so cool

Shame that it's the point when Mitchell finally started to grow on me.

not the user you responded to but same here with me, after two seasons he finally felt like a real character in Continuum. The writers were usually so good at introducing new characters, I don't know what they were thinking when introducing/writing Mitchell. He was such a blank slate.

I think part of it was that they decided that 2 quippy commanders was enough. His dry sense of humor was just so grating to me. I mean it's one thing to play him as the straight-man, that could've worked honestly, but they gave him a sense of humor that was just contrary. If everyone else was laughing he was grumpy. If he was laughing, no one else was.

What was the Jaffa word for cuckold again?

Kree

>Del Mar Hokeem?
>That means something like "revenge by the wearer of horns". Which I'm guessing is a Jaffa term for being a…cuckold.

I watched them both, but I stopped caring about the series after season 9. Looking back at it the whole franchise was unnecessary, and I will probably never re-watch an episode to be honest.

Seriously, it felt like the writers had no idea what to do episode-to-episode, the arcs make no sense and feel like they are never realized before another half-asses one appears

I liked the Replicator curveball. It really was a better weapon than any of the others anyone else had which have been shown to be easily blocked by the Ori.

CIA is truly a devious foe.

Walter can say what ever he damn well pleases. He is the real puppet master at the SGC.

were gonna need a bigger stargate

Wtf happened to O'Neal?

I truly hated Mitchell, the character was too much of an ass, like the time he damn nearly had those two airmen arrested for making a simple joke about getting a sponge bath from the doctor.

It's really weird because I love Farscape.

Probably his battery died

I hate the RDA JUSTposters, but damn if that pic doesn't always make me laugh!

that was such an odd little beat, those two guys talking about that about the doctor Michael Shanks' wife played, when Shanks was standing right there. It was uncomfortable and a little weird

>like the time he damn nearly had those two airmen arrested for making a simple joke about getting a sponge bath from the doctor.
I think there was a subplot they were considering there, but ended up dropping at some point.

I remember liking it, but I barely remember it at all.

I liked the part at the end when the Doci realized the Ori are false gods. The look on his face is priceless.

whatever happened to her, anyways

she just disappeared after season 9 didn't she

she got pregnant and left for a while. She came back for two episodes at the end of Season 10

why is she pushing her tits together when speaking to her father? incest?

I vaguely remember reading about Daniel Jackson in the future or something.

Hesmana!

Just a defensive measure. That whole scene is about subtle body language. Right before she crosses her arms you can see her eyes go wide for a second. Honestly it's really good acting.

Now that we know that the ancients were basically human, with all our flaws and shortcomings, would you be interested in a SG show focusing on their last years? I would call it Stargate Ascension. Plenty of established story/plot elements to choose from, even if you only get a single season or make it a miniseries or something.

watching atlantis now and making webms

fuck off

>making them 1080p
fuck off, it's just annoying when people make them that big it serves no other purpose than to show others how shit you are at bitrate

>Ours is bigger

That's some serious foreshadowing. DEEPEST LORE!

sorry user, the source is 1080 and i just got webm for retards. i'm learning pls no bully. file limit on gif is 4mb and they get sound why not here idk

>watching atlantis
there's your problem

started watching this, got a few episodes in but stopped because mckay is so fucking annoying! wat do?

Supposedly they made the Atlantis CG model to Hollywood standard in the event it ever got a movie deal.

Rude! I can't be the only one who thinks of ways the franchise could continue.

either learn to love him or deal because he doesn't get any better. I honestly don't get his appeal, he's just a nasty piece of shit to everyone, its not funny or endearing it's just unpleasant and irritating

i'm glad because it's a great design and the set is one of the best i've seen in television

see like i know this looks like shit but idk how to work within this tiny file limit

McKay is great. His bitch sarkiness is endearing.

keep watching but squirt a lemon at the screen every time meredith appears.

Atlantis really was just a terrible design for a spaceship.

Fun Fact: The ancient text on the stairs in Atlantis read:
01 WE HOLD THESE AS THE TRUTH:
02 A HEARTY WELCOME TO THOSE OF OTHER WORLDS
03 VISITING OUR HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME. WELCOME AGAIN
05 TO THOSE RETURNING. YOU HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG AND YOUR
04 ABSENCE HAS WEIGHED HEAVILY ON OUR SOULS. WE ARE
07 WHOLE AGAIN THAT YOU ARE AMONG US AND WE CELEBRATE YOU BEING HERE AGAIN.
06 AS WE LEAVE FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT THE LANDS OF
08 OUR NEIGHBOURS AND TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY AS AMBASSADORS IN PEACE TIME
09 OF OUR PEOPLE. TRAVELLERS WITH OPEN HEARTS WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME. REFUGEES
11 FROM TYRANNY MAY SEEK SHELTER UNDER OUR ROOF AND KN(OW TH)AT OUR PEOPLE WILL LAY
12 DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PROTECT THE WEAK AND THE JUST. LET THIS BE OUR PLEDGE TO THOSE
10 INHABITANTS OF THIS WORLD. AND ALL WE MAY EVER KNOW WE WILL ALWAYS STRIVE TO
13 COME IN PEACE AS WE GO IN PEACE AND YOU WILL BE WELCOME ON OUR SHORES FOREVERMORE.

>it's a spacewalk scene

>tfw no Stargate: Operator series/mini-series with stories from different cultures and times
>satedan commandoes
>rouge asgaard
>ancient space marines
>sodan black dynamite ninjas
>tollan supersoldiers
>tok'ra spies
>etc

I was personally hoping for a "rogue" style reboot with a disgraced former SG commander leading a team of misfit offworlders trying to get back into the SGC's good graces. Preferably lead by this guy.

I would be OK with most of this

>he damn nearly had those two airmen arrested
No he didn't, he just told them in a threatening tone that he didn't want to hear that shit again. They were out of line because a.) hes an officer and you don't say that kind of shit in front of him/her (on duty at least) and its his job to reprimand that kind of thing and b.) the doctor is the base commander's daughter, and if he let it slide and not scare them they risked slipping up in front of the general, in which case they would be fucked. There's a reason drill sergeants act like hard asses to recruits, its not because they're assholes.

>star gate is dead, I am sad but atleast it will not be ruined by today's society

>remake stargate: Egypt everyone is black.Pharaoh is a transsexual

They were all off-duty though.

>a disgraced former SG commander leading a team of misfit offworlders trying to get back into the SGC's good graces.

>Pharaoh is a transsexual
Did you even see Ra?

Oh I'm sorry, I take it back! Please no!

Too late, we Infinity now!

Just rewatched the scene. It was a LT that just got back from a mission off-world and both Mitchell and his own co gave him shit for the comment. All Mitchell said was "I wouldn't repeat that around me"

I've watched all of them. They really don't make sense. I'm pretty sure at one point that bug girl is revealed to be an "Ancient."

It's tough guy comments like that that made me hate the character.

Clearly the writers never spent a second near anyone actually in the military.

Mitchell still comes off as a cunt, though.

>Ra was Ghanaian
>Skaara was Puerto Rican
>Sha're was Israeli (film), Tahitian (show)
>Kasuf was Indian/Iranian
>they'll all be replaced by whites and blacks
>it will be called progressive

Tatiana Shanks

Huh, I thought Sha're was the same actress in both the film and the programme, like her father and Skaara.

I did too, but the wiki says otherwise.

Best Goau'uld.

not just the wiki, the fact that the two look nothing alike and are in fact two different people also say otherwise

that's not Ba'al

Ba'al was good, but Apophis defined SG-1. Ba'al is second place.

Who's that? His daughter?

I haven't watched the movie in over 10 years while I've gone through sg-1 at least 3 times since then. The show's actress has been ingrained in my memory.

Chappa'愛

A Systemlord falls in love with a Systemlady.
Unable to seduce her, he is gifted with by an Ancient with the address of the Systemlady's retreat. Never minding the nine-symbol address, he immediately dials it, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he mentions the previous day’s events to the Systemlady at court, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the Goa'uld he spoke with is not the same Goa'uld he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the Systemlady's alternate universe counterpart- a Tok'ra- who has fallen in love with the Systemlord's own AU self- a Tok'ra as well-, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of GOA'ULD.

yes, with the actress who played Sha're

I wonder how she feels knowing her mums body is on display for the world to see.

he looks like a grandfather who says "pull my finger" at least once per visit.

dude

Ditto.

>Stargate was broadcast before the watershed in my country therefore it was made family friendly
>mfw seeing the DVD version of Children of the gods for the first time

>he doesn't get any better.

how can one post be so, so wrong

it's a city user, that just so happens to be a ship. remember that.

Is there anything as comfy as the first few seasons of stargate?

the design for Atlantis

literally the most perfect city on television

their Ancients user. who else would think to make a machine that causes exploding brain tumors?

this is their thought process

>hey, can we do thing?
>yes, but should we really do thing just because we can?
>yes

that's why they sent out Destiny because they wanted to find the Signal, thats why they made the wraith, thats why they made a flying city that looks awesome. why?

because their Ancients, they ain't gotta explain shit to us lesser beings

>tollan
>soldiers

top kek

really though, i want to see the Goa'uld war with the Asgard from the perspective of a young commander that was born form the queen that they made for the MMO.

ralso, the Goa'uld culture when they were apart of the Unas before they got to earth. the war between Apep and the triumvirate of Ra, Anubis and Apophis would have been cool.

really, just more Goa'uld

the what?

>tollan
At some point in history they would have had some kind of defence or peacekeeping force, and they seem like the type of people who don't half ass that stuff.

More Goold could be good. Theres heaps of stories to tell. As long as they didn't fuck around with the show canon too much or were seperate somehow.

watching continuum right now because of you guys, how bad did i dun goofed?

Seriously, Is Atlantis just a joke the writers made up?

Some sort refence to real world in almost every ep, WoW, Movie references, and many others I cant recal off the top of my head that have made me WTF? when they are said. This wasnt in SG1.

McKays Line "WHATS WITH THESE ARBITRARY NUMBERS??" Was this a joke the writers made against themselves for the amount of exact numbers that McKay comes up with all the time "We have exactly 4.1 minutes", or "3.9 nano seconds"?

Im watching through it all anyway, but I wont go past Atlantis when Im done..

Not at all. It's got most of the good bits from all the usual Stargate time travel and alternate universe and alternate timeline episodes.

watershed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(broadcasting)
it's a thing where you have to show PG stuff before ~9pm, but after 9pm you can show whatever you want

Made me blow air out my nose

God i love these SG threads

So far I've watched all the SG-1 series and Atlantis, what else should I watch?