Monarchy or Republic?

Monarchy or Republic?

republic best girl

animeshits kys now

Monarchy

how can ANYONE says republic instead of constitutional monarchy?

>It's a monarchy
>Except it's not a monarchy
>It's literally indistinguishable from a republic with the exception of an empty, vapid symbol we keep around and waste money on because it's nice
Constitutional monarchies are an argument against monarchism, not for it.

>Constitutional monarchies are an argument against monarchism, not for it.
says who? you?
Constitutional monarchy=monarchy
(Hint: It's in the name)

Both a shit
Olny proletarian dictatorship, only hardcore

monarchy

Better question:

federation or unitary state?

You didn't read my post, did you?

A nation within a nation within an empire, ruled by a monarchy within a democracy.

That is, England.

Unitary state for homogenous countries, federations for diverse countries.

Not really that difficult, mate.

Why is the republic grill a slob? Republic representatives can't be disgusting neet creatures our they wouldn't get elected. I would even say that the republic grill should look even better than the monarch grill.

A constituional monarchy is basically a republic with a permanent head of state,but you have to pay everysingle family member of the royal family for their living conditions.

>be republic
>hate freedom
can NOT make this shit up

>waste money on
More like make money on.

at least they're obligatorily raised from birth to be smart
that beats a president any day of the week since no one's gonna vote for a university professor (except us)

The republic girl is in better shape phisically.She's just modest.
I guess the artist exaggerated a little.

She can wield quite a lot of power, she just usually choses not to, that she lets on anyway, she has regular meetings with the PM.

Wilhelmine Germany was a constitutional monarchy which was strong

Your one used to be
So did Belgium's
and luxembourg's duke

Liechenstein and monaco's kings are the only current constitutional monarchs in europe who openly wield much power

>A nation within a nation
I've lived in the UK all my fucking life yet I never feel that there's too much of a national identity and separation between the home nations. There are some different laws due to devolution, but I always feel the difference is overstated.

1 she doesn't care about fake class so she sits however she wants
2 she reads
3 she wears the pileus
4 no sleeves for hard work
5 sword to stab some bitches, ie the girl on the left
6 long black hair
7 bare foot because shoes were given to the homeless
8 fashion are for idiots and rich people
9 two flags for twice the fun

> I never feel that there's too much of a national identity and separation between the home nations
Tell that to a Scotsman, Irishman, or Welshman.

The English just don't give a fuck.

> pay for royalty
Where does this meme come from?

The monarchy pays for itself, and more than that, is a net *contributor* to the government.

everything they have belongs to the state anyway

how exactly
just curious

Republic, having to pay people to sit in a castle and live a comfortable life and do nothing is outright criminal.

>unironically arguing with republicucks on an aboriginal dreamtime discussion board
for what purpose? what exactly are you hoping to achieve?

your country was better when it had a person sitting in a castle desu

it's their god given divinity
god-->the crown (queen)

You say that because portugual loved to suck money and resources from us when we were under your rule.

I have to agree with the Pork chop, from how I understand it, what the monarchy ""contributes"" was given to them by the state.

Republic can protect us from abuses of the nobility
Monarchy can protect us from the abuses of the financial elite

Tough call honestly.

Monarchy

explain like im 5 pls

no, it's because under pedro II's rule, brasil was a fucking major powerhouse
and the man was a genius too

Also from this poster:
>"It's Jerome's god given right to fuck my wife, he was born with a BBC"

Republicanism and democracy actually make people easier to control.

All politicians care about is getting elected and re-elected and making money. The leaders' overall concern for the nation and its future goes down.

A lot of Americans didn't support the Revolutionary War, but the smart ones stayed quiet about it.

Explain

The english sound similar to the swedish in that regard. We are usually more prone to internationalism between the Nordic countries than our more nationalist minded neighbours.

>every monarch is/was a lazy, incompetent mentally ill fat man
You realize this is a stereotype that gets pounded into us from birth by the (mostly American) media?

what do i have to explain? he was your ruler not mine. weren't you thought about this sort of thing? it was brazilians who taught me how pedro II was awesome. literally his wikipedia page shows good deeds

Technically true, but Parliament leases it to each new monarch without question.

The Crown Estate (the lands owned by the Queen) earned the government £305 million last year. Plus you have various other earners, like the millions of tourists coming to the various castles and such.

Even Prince Charles's food company, where he sells organic potatoes and whatnot earned £3 million.

That monarchy is the best form of government, of course.

An uninformed opinion. Monarchy is the natural and most civilising and productive way to rule: read The Golden Bough by J G Frazer, and Democracy: The God that Failed by Hans-Hermann Hoppe.

Long story short:

>Unitary state
Power comes from the top level and is delegated to lower levels. The provinces/municipalities are allowed to do only what is delegated to them from the top.

>Federation
Power comes from the bottom and is delegated to the top. The Federal government is only allowed to do what the states permit it to do.

This is why in the UK you get the exact same punishment for murder everywhere, but in America in one state murder gets you 20 years in prison and in another lands you on death row: the punishment for these crimes isn't something the states allow the federal government to decide.

don't mess with texus

can I have a Technocracy instead

that's just a democracy where the candidates are forced to have a degree

If I understand correctly a federation is a coalition of self-governing states or other, with decentralization of power from the central federal government between it and the member states. A unitary state has a single central government to start with, from which any local power is delegated to regional administrative areas.

Both can be good and bad

Good explanation, but in practice it become far more complicated than that, because you can be tried in federal courts.

If you cross state lines

oh ok cheers mate
Sounds like we're not a pure unitary state then. Laws differ slightly between the home nations and each has a parliament and power devolved to it.
In terms of laws usually England and Wales have the same ones, Scotland might have some variation, and Northern Ireland has the most different ones e.g. Same-sex marriage is allowed in England, Scotland and Wales but not Northern ireland.

Federation sounds the best imo if you want to avoid creating desires for endlessly smaller microstates.

> Northern Ireland has the most different ones
Because the Catholics would start bombing people again if they were forced to accept un-Christian things like same-sex marriage.

Prussian constitutionalism isn't really comparable to the UK since the monarch acted as the executive power ruling through his appointed officials

So, murder in the US is a federal crime, but is punished as a state matter?

Genuinely interested.

pedro II was kind of stupid, pedro I was the good one

and it's not like people have to pay to sustain the royals, it's more of an investment. also it isn't bad to have a living national symbol, it's worse for them to live like this.

that said, republic is always better because it tends to have a healthier nationalism as it better integrates its peoples.

See

>pedro II was kind of stupid, pedro I was the good one
uh... what the fuck? excuse me, but you have that backwards. seriously. pedro i was just a cheating fuck who just as easily set brazil's independence and called himself emperor for no reason as he left brazil and called himself king of portugal for no reason.
pedro II was actually raised from birth to guide and manage brasil and he was great at it. he slowly removed slavery, he increased industrialization, he made brasil into a powerhouse which at the time competed only with the usa. pedro ii was also respected and met with many famous and genius people of his time, like charles darwin and louis pasteur. the constitution set by pedro II was one of the most modern of its time... its incredible how brazilians these days disregard such a genius man. quite respected in europe too, including portugal, despite the fact he held a silly title (which, admittedly, he didn't chose).

>republic is always better because it tends to have a healthier nationalism as it better integrates its peoples.
is this bait? only read this now. m8...

Its still constitutional monarchy, the queen here is the ultimate source of authority, the king ought to be the executive power

Monarchy

khaganate :DDDDDDD