This album is terrible

no

you (you)

>muh spooky church music
Swans fans are cancer

its really just simplistic garbage passed off as some sort of abstract art piece. truly a terrible album

I think it's the overall best of their current era. Not gonna change the minds of anyone that doesn't like neo-Swans, though.

great album but TBK was better

This. TGM was weak compared to TBK.

it's not their best but "terrible" is a stretch

You need to leave.

yeah its pretty boring
Only listened to it like once

I feel like this was the new-Swans album people cared about the least. What did it in? Did the rape scandal turn people's heads, or was it just not comparable to the Seer and TBK? or was i just not paying attention when it was coming out

no (You)

This thread is terrible.

>implying other Swans albums aren't terrible
>implying Swans isn't a meme band for autistic Sup Forums teenagers

It's pretty underwhelming. It feels like there's no real effort to it.

>Implying
Do you expect to be taken seriously?

>implying ">implying" makes it any less true

As much as I love Swans, Gira created a kind of process and "formula" that can hardly be pushed further than in The Seer. So when The Seer came out people who were already aware of Swans absolutely loved it and it felt fresh, then the hype caught on and everyone jumped on To Be Kind and since it was mainly a Pitchfork hipster fad to like Swans, when The Glowing Man came out they already moved on onto the next thing they need to feel edgy.

None of you have talked about the actual musical content whatsoever. Why does Sup Forums only speak in buzzwords?

stfu

>giving him attention
don't do that

Do you have autism?

Oh shit, you sure told me.
Nah, do you?

why do apehopheads have the urge to leave their dozens of threads, and shit on one of the only remaining good rock bands out there? yes, rockdad, we suck, we are edgy 14 years olds. just let us be

The actual musical content of any Swans album up to the date of this post is not in any way noteworthy and objectively shit. Anyone who thinks their music is worth a damn is either a retarded Pitchfork-drone or an autistic contrarian teenager, trying to show the world what a unique snowflake he is (in other words - 70% of Sup Forums).

How could you be sure? Did you went to the shrink to make sure you didn't have it?

can we all agree that the latest incarnation of Swans is not that great, at least compared to 80s-90s Swans?

>GrimesCuck
>Why does Sup Forums only speak in buzzwords?

More musically subdued/sparse than the previous two. TBK was quite in-your-face and "rock"ish by comparison, whereas The Seer had a darker tone and gained major attention since it was considered a leap up in quality after My Father.
TGM is great and is the most cohesive album from nu-Swans imo but it offers less novelty value for people to latch onto.

well, what do you expect? it's made by a rapist

Yes and no. The sound they are going for is actually pretty amazing sometimes, but some of their tracks doesn't really stick with you and a bit too much of a hazzle to go through..

>objectively shit
>retarded Pitchfork-drone
>autistic contrarian teenager
>unique snowflake
Holy FUCK, kid. You're gonna make me piss myself.
Maybe you could project a little harder, user.
>he doesn't get the intentional irony in my tripname

I would not call it bad. It just is super super long and I think not as good as TBK or for that matter, other Swans albums.
It was a let down 2bh famala

Like all of us here.

Oh come on now, GrimesCuck. You have taken my shitposting style to the max now

>Grimes
>Cuck

Both are buzzwords here, you should know this buddy

>Grimes tard trying to engage in a discussion about actual music

Don't worry, OP. The next album will be better.

>discussion about actual music
>on Sup Forums

See >Sup Forumstard thinking that Sup Forums engages in actual musical discussion to begin with.

Fuck off Montie

>Holy FUCK, kid.
>project a little harder
>irony
These are all memes and buzzwords too. You're a typical product of this site in its recent state. Self-absorbed, unknowledgeable, hides behind ironic inferiority complex, unfriendly to others, hateful and ultimately a completely tasteless and unfriendly sperglord.

Well if it's that big a deal I'll give it another chance.

This is also correct about Montie but he tops it off by actively lowering the general taste of this site with Oasis shilling and participates in the typical Sup Forums MDE circle jerk.

I think it's great

>Every word is a buzzword now! xD

In fact this whole thread is ironic

>Filth is their best

Nice rebuttal loser, I can't wait for Hiro to shut this shithole down so that you passive-aggressive poseurs can search for another place on the internet to ruin.

This whole board is ironic

Sure if you're an edgy teen.

TGM = The Seer > TBK

Nu Swans is Krautrock combined with older Swans idk what's to dislike.

The Seer is Krautrock plus White Light

TBK is Krautrock plus Filth/Cop

TGM is Krautrock plus Greed/Holy Money

>edgy teen
College junior, age has no deciding factor in enjoying it

Oh come on To Be Kind is better than The Glowing Man.

>T. listened to Paperhouse once

>opinion

The Glowing Man is the only album of theirs that comprises of a majority of drawn-out post-rock compositions with long, faint crescendos and Swans fans took to it lightly because it wasn't "A Little God In My Hands" 10 times.

I don't ruin this place, you insipid twat. Underage autismos like you who haven't realised that you aren't required to respond to shitposters like me are ruining Sup Forums for themselves. You're just as misguided as the morons who blame /KPOP/ for Sup Forums's lack of quality. If you can't hang, just ignore me, dumbass.

it was essentially the same album as the last two with the fat cut out, technically i should enjoy it more but i was pretty bored by it desu. it was stellar live tho

I imagine the title track would have blown your ears out live if you didn't have earplugs, eh?

Nah, I was honestly thinking more Amon Duul than Can. Not because Scaruffi makes the ADII comparison, but because ADII was the Krautrock band that did the most stuff when it comes to arrangements of sounds.

>did you went to the

yeah if you plan on seeing them definitely bring plugs the loudness is no meme

Both are fair comparisons.
Will do.

It's worse than TBK (and Filth, and Holy Money, and White Light..) but it's not awful. It's just kind of underwhelming.

I think the biggest problem is it doesn't end well with "Finally, Peace". It really is kind of a weak note to close out this era of Swans.

yeah this album needed a TBK/Apostate revamped ending and better highs. It felt like a lot of middling in ambient sections and wasn't nearly as punchy or catchy as the last two

>You have taken my shitposting style to the max now
why do you think everything is always fucking about you? why do you think you started fucking everything on Sup Forums? protip you didn't, and you're not some unique tripfag.

you're only encouraging him

>better highs
The middle of the title track is one of the biggest "high points" of their career.
>middling in ambient sections
>wasn't nearly as punchy or catchy as the last two
That's pretty much the point.
If it's any consolation, I have credited Montie as a blueprint for my shitposting on Sup Forums so he's not wrong.

>If it's any consolation, I have credited Montie as a blueprint for my shitposting on Sup Forums so he's not wrong.
god i hate tripfags

I'm glad to hear that, user. :^)

Why is everyone so mad, holy shit calm down. If you don't like it you don't like it.

Get blown the fuck out.
Shitposters influence each other. I am influenced by Hampus

This board has ALWAYS been more open to trips

This is your average Sup Forums thread, friendlyposter.

What if I want to listen to spooky church music?
What is your point with this "muh" meme?

>"muh good music"
"stop listening to good music"

That's why I post on 8ch/mu/

This.

Sup Forums is the biggest salt mine on earth next to Michigan roads in winter and RYM

Wow dead site

>dead site
Exactly, that is the reason I always come back here in the end.

the only reason this place is like this is because of people like you who perpetuate it by being terrible

See

>tripfag literally hated by everyone
>no one even gets mad anymore, just calls him out on his shit
>y-you're just mad that I'm cooler than you
Seriously, no comment you've ever made resonated positively with anyone in the community. Just do yourself a favor, delete the trip of fuck off. Your taste is shit, your memes are stale and all you do is spread salty non-discussion. Fuck off.