Serious question: what exactly seperates an oldfag from a newfag?

serious question: what exactly seperates an oldfag from a newfag?

Time

about tree fitty

REEEEEEEEEEE
E
E
E
E
E
E

If you ask this you, sir, are most certainly a newfag.

but what things does an oldfag know that a newfag doesn't?

fuck guess im an oldfag

hemorrhoids

trips of truth

nothing.
you will probably never come across anyone who is actually in oldfag (before -fag was even used).

>
¿

It's not about the length of time on Sup Forums, it's about how you conduct yourself on this website.

Newfags will always be newfags unless they're summerfags, which is worse

Oldfag is a state of mind. You have to have seen and done it all and not be tempted to post cancer, even if all the other kids are doing iit

>Oldfag is a state of mind
This. You could've been here for barely 6 months and be an oldfag. It's about how you act on the website.

that's how i've always seen it, ive been a long time lurker, like close to 5 years, but i only recently started posting and contributing within the last month

Reaction folder size

Damn really? I've been coming to Sup Forums on and off since I was around 14 (22 now) and I was posting back when I was underaged. I don't know why some people are afraid of posting.

I don't even have a reaction folder. I found myself almost never using it. Plus, with Sup Forums X I can just google something and paste the link and post it that way.

Started lurking around 2007ish thought I was cool in mah super prestigious legion club RULES 1 AND 2 lulululululu.
It was a different time, here in 2016 I realize no one gives a flying fuck.
IRL it's easy to tell a newfag from an oldfag but here on the interwebs with shit like knowyourmeme and all it barely makes a lick of difference how long you been here.

no fucks were given. back in the day CP was posted, no one called for mods because they were busy faping and calling OP a nigger faggot

if you use the terms oldfag and newfag, then you're a newfag.

but seriously, when did the "post in this thread or you ***** will die" shit start?

I started lurking when my buddy from b0g showed me Sup Forums back in aught five. Didn't start posting until about a year ago. Some user was being such a colossal faggot I just had to break my silence and tell him to an hero, you know?

Damn right it is. Since this board is the staple of this site, you can basically qualify as an oldfag by not posting "DAE wanna ddos streamers xD"

i never really feel like an oldfag because i too go on and off of the site, so i might be up to date one month, then come back and not know wtf is going on

Sup Forums is utter shit now. I don't even care if people call me out for thinking of "the old Sup Forums". It's definitely become one of those cases of quantity over quality. The content on here is fucking awful and everyone is just looking to fight each other online. I'm fucking over it. It's so hard to quit this website though.

Fair enough. I have to reply to some people. It's like I can't stand seeing retardism on here
>inb4 i'm an autist

Lads, what do you hate about Sup Forums? Call me a faggot all you want, but I can't stand the fact that people try and force the word "meme" into almost every fucking post.

That word has lost all of it's original definition. Literally everything is a meme these days apparently.
>inb4 meme

what are the "best" types of threads on Sup Forums that oldfags consider good

Met someone from Pokemon GO
He's talking about how he makes the best memes and he needs to make a poliwag DAT BOI meme and memes memes meememmememe.
I want to kill myself.

His level of redditness

truth, anything and everything is now a meme

also checked

Memes
That's literally it, someone who never went on this site could just learn all the early memes and shit and before you know it they'll be a shitposting memester and none of you would know.
Meme machine

Agreed. Yeah, it was the same shit over and over and over, but it was a different kind of shit, and on occasion, some wonderful original content appeared.

It's cringeworthy as fuck. You don't like something? Call it a meme. Too stupid to have a discussion? Call it a meme. It makes me fucking rage with the power of a thousand suns.

Also "cuck". Everyone is a cuck now apparently.

quality Sup Forums content

That we're all newfags

I miss the days when nerds and outcasts and weirdos were the main denizens of the internet. Normies ruined, and with them came the corporations. Late 90sx early 2000s internet was best internet.

call da amber lamps

I hate memes on the internet and in real life. Whenever someone talks about memes to me in the real world I just want to change topics. If this makes me a cunt then so be it. It's just a terrible culture.
Green text stories were gold for me back then. Some threads have made me laugh for about 30 minutes straight. Laughing so hard I cried. This never happens anymore. Ever.

i too have noticed the "cuck" epidemic as it were,
i;m the type of person that says to each their own but on most boards i see more cuck, futa, and sissy threads than any other kind

Feels thread

that you heard that you're a newfag for so long, that you are considered an oldfag.

Fucking summerfag

Nah it's not so much about the threads, it's more that people will find any excuse to use the word.

Did you let a woman tell you what to do? Cuck.

Did someone bully you and you didn't stand up to them? Cuck.

Insert any example >>>HERE

lol op here, i am not a summerfag, just a long time lurker.

i'm not sure whether to act respectful or like a complete shithead just to fit in sometimes tho

I honestly don't believe summerfags are a thing. Literally every man and their dog has a smartphone now with internet access. Kids can post at all times of the year. Even when they're at school.

i think that's true, summerfag is just a hip way of saying newfag for oldfags

>tfw your mental state is actually more stable and happy when you don't use Sup Forums

I need to leave this place.

Started posting a few months ago when I joined anonymous. Been wanting to be part of something bigger and saw B image board in documentary. Met a lot of cool people on here and planning a march soon with the guy faux masks and bring back some of the glory days :)

i think at the end of the day you get out of Sup Forums what you put into it. if you spend all day looking at awful threats and posting just to call people faggots then you feel like shit at the end of the day. but if you spend your time contributing to good threads then you get a more positive experience.

that said there aren't many threads on Sup Forums that are that good

Kek

I'm mostly a Sup Forums user and that board is pure toxic cancer. Everyone would rather fight, argue and shit post than actually have a nice discussion about music. I hate to sound pathetic, but after a while, that really does start to make your mental state worse. Especially when you use Sup Forums all the time.

Triforce

(amount of intentional faggotry) / (amount of unintentional faggotry)

if >1 congratulations you're and oldfag

hehe xd

checked and kekked

Unless you cause a divide by zero error. Those can be pretty bad.

probably the closest explanation you're going to get.

am i still a newfag if i'm already 12?

lel

ha-ha, ha-ha i was only pretending
ha-ha, ha-ha!
eat my shorts sucka!

thanks anons, you have given me some hope for the future of Sup Forums in this thread

If you call people newfags that makes you an old fag. Or that's what everyone seems to think.

too true user, too true

GIRUGAMESH!

Only newfags use the term newfag, newfag.
Oldfags really don't care anymore.

so the only way to call someone a newfag is to not call them a newfag?

what does that make you newfag,oldfag?

accept my sincerest apologies for any insult, it was not intended

Why not call them just a faggot?

I've only been here a few years, so I guess I'm a newfag, but I don't really care. If you've been here 10 years you can still shitpost and be a shit user, if you've been here 1 week you can still be a good contributor. Does it really matter? The way I see it, it's only newfags calling other people newfags to make themselves feel better cos this is all they have.

so is newfag just a worthless, self indulging name? or does it actually carry weight?

It carries as much weight as you choose to give it. Just be chill and have a nice time, take from here from you want, who gives a fuck about anyone else or what they think.

worthwhile dubs