What did you think of the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead?

What did you think of the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XUAHH3Xo6x0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty good, kind of funny how this and the Dawn of the Dead remake turned out so well.
Also the ending credits song is fantastic:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XUAHH3Xo6x0

I like it better than the original.

>no screaming banshee woman lead
>color
>10/10 set design
>characters are perfect
>surprise different ending

I always watch the end credits. that orange tint over lynching photos and stuff + music is great.

the trashy 2006 3D version is better
GOAT nudie girl

Horrible piece of shit

>Muh womyns is so smart men is sew stupids!

This and
This

I fucking love this movie. Tony Todd was amazing and has a strong female character who starts off as a screaming woman then actually nuts up by the end of the movie.

I watch this and the original Dawn and Day of the Dead together all the time.

Damn, you're fucking retarded.
Movies isnt about that at all.
Besides the movie shows that the man (who wanted to hide in the basement) was right.

The hunting party comes to their house the next day and finds the basement door in tact and the dickhead guy is still alive

Calm your trilby, she's not a Mary Sue.

Better than the original. Also had probably the scariest looking movie poster ever.

The other 2 women in the movie were retards and Barbara didn't do anything particularly "smart" throughout the entire film other than be right when she said they could run past the zombies.

It was terminally retarded and proof that Tom Savini should forever stick to special effects and hammy acting.

>Men spend all their time arguing
>LOL womyns is so smart

Yes it is.

The movie is utter shit.

It's also ruins Romero zombies by making them look pathetic and non threatening.

Garbage, garbage, garbage

>I watch this and the original Dawn and Day of the Dead together all the time.

same.

i fapped to her

You're the type of faggot people point at when they're trying to defend shit like Ghostbusters

Your opinions are wrong, and bad, very bad.

Loved it as a kid.

I've always wanted to rewatch it, but I lost my disc

If only there was a way to watch movies online.
sucks.

Future when?

She's topless in Knightriders.

Furthermore, it was stylistically-bankrupt, the soundtrack was composed by a 6-year-old with a Casio keyboard and the film itself was completely unnecessary. Now, how does that make you feel?

I expected it to suck but I liked it a lot.

Ending could have been better though.

Liked it way more than the original.

Tom Savini was the fucking man.

Tony Todd was great in that movie too.

They're coming for you Barbra!

That kid who shotguns the fucking gas pumps.

>how does that make you feel?

Makes me feel bad for you man.
One less movie for you to be able to enjoy.
Feels good to be me right now.

Well, ignorance IS bliss!

Actually the dickhead was in the attic.

Tony Todd hid in the basement.

Fuck.

Well point still sticks, the door was intact meaning zombie didnt get in. they all could have rid it out.

Like I've met another woman hating retard on Sup Forums who hates decent movies for stupid reasons.

So indifferent.

It was literally the only movie that did zombies right, with Day of the Dead coming in second place. The original Dawn was too low budget and breaks immersion with its bushleague "blue people" zombies.

The only thing I didn't like about Night was how the dead would flinch away from fire. It made no sense that they'd have the reasoning power to do that.

They are scared of fire in dawn too. Agreed, its gay.

The dead hating fire is perfectly fitting as it's the only thing that will utterly destroy them

Zombies were also humans, and would retain some of their reasoning, as is proven over and over again the Romero zombie films

Except for NOTLD 1990. That movie is crap.

I agree.

That and the part at the beginning when they try to break into the car with a rock. Although that's directly from the original before there was any standard of how zombies behaved.

You're both gay, and stupid. The idea comes from Frankenstein, who was technically a reanimated corpse. It's a nod to classic horror.

Go watch Final Destination 5 you teen gaybos.

>MFW Tony Todd finds the keys to the gas pump locks in the basement and starts laughing his ass off.

kek

Original Dawn is fucking GOT

The atmosphere alone makes the film

I enjoyed it better than the original. Same with Dawn.

Not as good as the original, mostly because of the atmosphere and Romero at his best being way better than Savini ever wishes to be (nowadays Romero is a different matter). Still a very enjoyable movie and pretty good for a remake.

Romero sucks though

Zombie movies suck. Everyone is unrealistically stupid

In return of the living dead, everyone acts exactly how you would in a zombie apocalypse pretty much.

Give it a try some time. its the best there is.

Saw it for the first time on Monstervision around the same time I was playing Resident Evil 2 for the first time, and immediately rented Dawn of the Dead afterward. I developed a zombie obsession that lasted until zombies hit a point of saturation around the point when the Walking Dead TV show started getting popular.

She was basically a stand in for the audience, telling Ben and Cooper to stop being in-fighting retards. Was the original Barbara any better, with her hysterical screeching, and being borderline comatose?

And he would have survived, if he hadn't been shot.

SPOILERS FAGGOT

Much prefer it to the original, though when I rewatched it recently it was MUCH less bloodier/gory than I remember it being.

Barbara a qt

I really like the movie. Fantastic atmosphere and overall spooked the fuck out of me when I was a kid. One thing I'm not too fancy on is the way they changed the ending a bit. I don't mind Barbara surviving and making the comment towards the end about "Them and Us" but in the original Ben was shot in the head by some rednecks and we're not sure if it was because they thought he was a zombie or if they didnt care because either way he was a nigger and they had an excuse. I like that kinda shit and the racial undertones that existed in the original were lacking in the 1990 one.

Original one has tenser in-house action and what I think might be the creepiest fatality in a zombie movie. When Barbara comes back to her senses at the end and gets pulled into the crowd while screaming 'JOHNNY, NO!' it really freaked me out last time I saw it. I also noticed that her portrayal all over seemed to scream 'sexual abuse' so strongly that I think it was intentional.

I think that most zombie movies aren't bad with this by horror standards. Romero's protagonists fight a shitload but it never feels particularly forced or mad.

>breaks immersion
kill yourself

>sexual abuse

>I'm cumming to get you barbra

I thought it was great.
One of the best remakes from before remakes were a trend.
Tom Savini did an amazing job.

It'd be kinda neat to see a digitally recoloured version of the original Dawn. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the film, but the blue zombies always kinda made me raise my eyebrows and it would be a really harmless change if they recoloured the skin and the blood which I found to be a bit too orange.

Really, listen to everything Johnny says, how he talks about the approaching zombie and how Barbra reacts to it all. I get that she's meant to be a very neurotic type but I also don't think it's too big a stretch to say she's also got some trauma in her past.

No. Fuck you. The zombies and blood are like that on purpose. Savini wanted to make it more realistic but Romero said he was going for a comic book feel, and that's what it is.

>the bandersnatches from Code Veronica came from this

Return of the Living Dead 3 might be the most underappreciated zombie movie out there. For what it is it's fucking amazing.

totally agree
nice little movie with a hot zombie chick and a black hobo

Are you high? When Tom Savini says something, it goes. No exceptions.

disagreed. its cheesy as fuck.
the only people that like it so much are >muh waifu virgins

Well, can't argue with that.

>not liking it for based Riverman in his zombie exoskeleton fucking army dudes up

>tfw no more rotting, classic style zombie movies.

It's always "viral infection" horseshit.

what about TWD

i hate it too these daysbut you're wrong in saying slow zombies aren't a thing

It actually introduced me to the zombie genre as a kid. Fucking awesome movie. Great performances.

I'm fairly certain that Savini has said that they got the fake blood from some manufacturer, and it was brighter than they expected, and the film picked up the gray makeup as blue.

No, it's an atrocious film.

Yeah. Can't be bothered with detailed makeup so let's just give them some bloodshot contact lenses.